Ask someone that sells on Etsy anything

Ask someone that sells on Etsy anything.

What do you sell?

Custom wooden toys.

Did you think the IPO would go to shit as badly as it did?

this. Answer now.

How much profit you made so far?
Any external advertising or everything done through Etsy?

Not surprised at all, it's no eBay or Amazon. It's a specialty website people go to for something specific and they're willing to spend for it. That knocks two major groups out.

I clear about $700 a month.

I have two websites that specialize in specific nitches.

How many products in total do you sell on etsy? I sell 9, but I only pay for advertising on one of them. It seems like advertising on just one brings customers through to my other listings. Have you noticed the same?

How many units do you sell a day?

What are your margins per unit on average?

How much competition do you have?

How much does advertising cost?

How much does a wooden dragon cock cost?

do you make it yourself or outsource ?

I'll sell about 8 - 17 a week.

I haven't noticed that. I have a lot of admirers and favs that I get traffic from too.

I mark them up 300%.

Since it's custom toys, there isn't much to worry about.

Make em' myself.

Not sure if being serious.

About $.20/click.

>Not surprised at all
>It's a specialty website
>they're willing to spend for it
You're not surprised the IPO tanked, because Etsy's a specialty website where people are willing to spend?

Answer the god damn question OP

Groups of people:

Poor - Walmart, Amazon, eBay
Middle - Walmart, Amazon, Target, etsy, eBay
Rich - Above & more.

There is one group left out and 2 groups if you split "middle".

You see when is the last time Tyrone wanted a specially made $25 unicorn for his daughter? Dude needs his meth brah.
When is the last time Christian wanted a $35 solid wood block set for her son while she's 10k in CC debt, 30k in college debt, and has a $500 car payment that's not including insurance?
Now when is the last time Heather wanted to get a $25 solid wood toy truck for her son?

Now Tyrone doesn't have his crack. Thanks goi.
Christian just spent $35 on a solid wood block set for her son, when she could have gone to Walmart and bought a whole shit ton of plastic breakable Chinese crap.
Heather gets to show off how cool her son's toy is and that it alone is $25.

I mean I'm just saying. It's obvious etsy is for white people with money.

Am I right?

>etsy is for white people with money
This has what to do with going public?
Your point is that these are the sorts of IPO's that tank?

How does it not?

Investors see a company coming out that has a focused niche and focused audience.

Both don't add up to a good investment in the now.

How is that not obvious?

Well, good luck.

What's the heaviest item you ship/most you've charged for shipping?

I am a hobbyist blacksmith and I'm kind of considering making it a full-time job. I sell stuff to a few people I know (stuff like forged arrowheads, an axe, smaller knives because I find making them boring, etc) and make some decent money, but I'm thinking about expanding to people that reenact or do hobby archery/history interpreters, etc.

Would etsy be a good place for this?

We need to know this, OP.

What's the oddest request you've gotten?

i asked thisi dont believe you, everything and i literally mean 99.9% of the shit sold on etsy is outsourced child labor china crap

you just shilling for that site that is losing viewers daily

Well, I don't know about you, but I've learned that Tyrone needs his crack and etsy is for white people with money.

Can I buy one of your products?

No.

I also sell on Etsy and made around $2000 per month until My shop got reported for not being handmade. Now I have to prove that my shit is handmade (it isn't). Anyone been in this situation? My product is quite easy to make so I can't see it being too hard to fake, but I'm wondering how in depth they are in confirming that something is handmade... Yea fuck Etsy

I used to enjoy browsing etsy, I cant be fucked with it after it became flooded with mass produced and chinese shit.
Its a fucking bootsale now.

they dont want it all niggered up like ebay.

take your shit there.

how in the fuck

make a video of the "process" of making one
even if shitty fuck it, nothing to lose

Tell them you are buying a video camera and need a month for it to arrive. Then just practice making it in that time until you can do it reasonably well.