- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Other urls found in this thread:

tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How to get rid of bags under my eyes?

I've been using a clay mask to help with oil - on the days that I do, should I not use a cleanser? I'm worried that the two together will dry me out too much and make the problem worse. Currently I do the mask followed by moisturizer 2-3 times a week (washing once a day), and still struggle with an insanely oily forehead. Any advice would be appreciated

Has anyone used this Cosrx stuff? Apparently snail is very common in Korean skincare.

Is it possible to actually get rid of dark circles under the eyes? 24M here.

Dark circles/eye bags are cute and Veeky Forums.

I have these god damn crows feet when I smile; they make me look like I'm in my fucking 30s when I'm in my early 20s. Is Retin-A my best bet to control them?

If there are any perioral dermatitis sufferers (chronic redness around mouth) here I recommend just washing your face with cold water and avoiding cleansers unless necessary. Every facial cleanser and face moisturizer I've ever tried made my symptoms flare up.

sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock sunblock

really the only thing you need to prevent aging on the face

how do i renove millia (the little cholesterol/sebum white bumps)

If you look like thaf, then sure. But for any average person, dark circles make them look worse.

some foundation with spf also.

Are there any rose scented Korean skincare products?

Can I get rid of year old hyperpigmented spots from pimples I popped?

Can anyone recommend a really basic way to go about taking care of the face and scalp? (I shave my head)
The stuff in the OP, as most other stuff on these boards gets way too complicated for its own sake. I don't want to spend a lot of time on this daily but I also don't want to completely neglect it.

Anybody here used Rogain to stimulate facial hair growth?

I had a really oily forehead but for some reason it just stopped. All i do is wash my face normally and exfoliate with no special product. im guessing that doesnt help but just putting it out there

i saw that cetaphil has a line of mens products. should i be using that instead? would it be more effective than a normal face wash/moisturizer?

am male

No they're not. Anyone who looks good with bags would look better without them.

Are there any negative side effects to regularly using skin care products if I have never used it before?

You'll get more breakouts initially, and then they'll go away.

Snail slime, very good anti aging benifits.

i've got stuff like pic related all on my chest and arms. might be keratosis pilaris but idk.
i've tried using moisturiser often, but it's done fuck all.

anyone had something similar or know of any products that work?

this stuff is so good, my skin was plump and glowy and i had barely any redness with it

in general, men's vs women's skincare is basically marketing

it depends SO much on the type of product. cleanser? moisturizer? exfoliant (and is it physical or chemical)?

Try drinking more water. If your getting pimples on the chest like in your pic related its usually a sign that you need more water. Don't know

You actually need a certain amount of spf product to get the protection stated, 1/4 of a teaspoon for just a face. Applying that amount of Foundation will look cakey and thick so it's best not to rely on foundation but a seperate spf instead.

What skin type do you have? I don't know about scalp honestly but for a basic routine try

Am:
Cleanser - low pH cleansers are better for the skin. You can look online for some, but cetaphil, cerave foaming and cosrx low pH are great cleansers.

Moisturiser+SPF - this depends on your skin type but you should always Moisturise no matter what skin type. Spf is ideal but not everyone is bothered to use it.

Pm:

Cleanser

Exfoliant - you can exfoliate like 2-3 times a week. Don't use scrubs they're bad. Use a chemical exfoliant instead. For acne, pores, oily skin go for BHA's like stridex in the red box, the ordinary salicylic acid, cosrx blackhead power. For acne scars, rough texture and drier skin try AHA's like the ordinary glycolic or lactic acid, cosrx white head power. If ya use an AHA you must use SPF. I tried to keep that brief, but there's a lot of info on it online if you're unsure.

Moisturiser- for night you should moisture too. Good Moisturisers are cosrx oil free birch sap, cerave pm, rosette ceramide gel and cetaphil.

I guess this is the most basic a good routine is but it depends. If someone has acne they probably need a longer routine than someone with good skin.

Cosrx is great honestly because they have good Actives in the ingredients with no unnecessary irritants like fragrance. Definitely try them out

Get stridex pads in the red box (green and blue don't work well) and use them every night. A few times a week wash with zinc or sulfur soap but moisturise too

30yo male here. Extremely oily face. Used to cleanse/moisturize twice daily but I think this made it worse. Now I just dab face with micellar water then moisturize. I've starting eating better and getting more exercise with little result. Is this just genetic or is there anything I should be doing differently?

>Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
>diary

If you use shampoo or hair products, stop.

You have beautiful skin. I get those went I eat shitty food like fast food. If you do that too try changing your diet to grilled chicken/fish, vegetables, milk/cereal or anything that's not shitty fast food really. Drinking more water could help.
Another possibility is that you use a bra/shirt that doesn't let your skin breathe properly or rubs against it getting dirt in your pores.
Just my 2 cents.
Oh and next time if you're almost gonna post tits go all the way. I won't tell your mom.

i don't think it's that as i drink a lot of water. 2bh it probably wasnt a great image, pic related is closer
cheers user ill look into that
im not a chick user its just some random image off google.

I get exactly the same thing on my chest and its infuriating. Not sure how to deal with it either but you're not alone.

I need a recommendation for a good face mask under $100 plz

Is natural skin care a meme? like washing your face with honey and shit?

What do ya want the mask to do? Masks don't have long term effects, so they won't magically heal your acne or scars. You need a routine for that.

Kinda a meme because of greenwashing and the natural=better bullshit. Honey masks are great though if you use Manuka honey BC it's antibacterial n shit. But it's inconvenient and doesn't clean your skin properly.

what do? pic is worse case scenario straight after shower, but dies down a lil bit. Simple cleanser + moisturiser (am and pm), and also tried Skinoren cream (azelaic acid, prescribed by doctor), Avene Tri Acneal Expert, and Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% over the past year, to no avail.

This looks like what my face used to look like a few years ago, except I was more red. Doctor prescribed Bethamethasone Cream 0.05% and it cleared it right up in less than a month with daily appliance.

cold showers may help you a lot

would it be a good idea to just go to my local korean cosmetic store and pick up an entire regimen there or should i just do my research and order online?

Is witch hazel actually a decent toner or will it fuck my shit up?

I've started using Benzoyl Peroxide 10%, is there anything else other than that and moisturizer that I can use to try and salvage my face?

I had really bad chest and back acne in high school. Nothing but benzoyl peroxide worked. Just magically remove them over night. But it prevents new ones from sprouting. Dries you out though if you overuse or don’t mousturize. Higher percentages work better on thicker body skin.

diet plus this

can some people with clear skin post their routines and products used?

how effective is the gentle cleanser for u?
i tried and it felt like it did nothing :/

felt like it did nothing or looked like it did nothing? You generally don't want that "squeaky clean" stiff feeling, it means you're scrubbing too hard

>Skin care basics:tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics

The shaving section on here is bullshit. Washing your face with the hottest water possible doesn't "open" your pores. Pores don't do that. What it will probably do is make your skin drier.

I wet my face use two pumps and leave it on for a couple of minutes before showering.
This

Anyone else have fungal acne, or malasezzia? What do you do to treat it? So far I've used the Noble Zinc bar soap (pH is AIDS but theres no alternative) and it's helped a lot, as well as cutting out anything that can feed the yeast

I do use a harsher cleanser occasionally if I need a deep clean. Also once your skin's sorta clear use a charcoal mask every 1-2 weeks to prevent breakouts.

wtf vaseline was the solution to all my skin problems??? madness

Tbh I'd recommend 2.5% instead or you'll dry up

Is there anything to help skin redness. I was in the sun too much as a kid. Any help is appreciated.

I don't really care too much about diet, just don't have dairy bc of lactose intolerance and have 5 fruit/veg a day.
My skin is dry now, it used to be oily and full of acne.

AM:
Just rinse with water
Simple kind to skin moisturiser spf30

PM:
Oil cleansing with coconut oil to remove makeup+dirt
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Cosrx whitehead power AHA and cosrx blackhead power BHA (alternate between them every other day)
The ordinary granactive retinoid 2% emulsion
Pyunkang Yul essence toner
Superdrug simply pure hydrating serum
Cetaphil Moisturiser

Been doing this routine for a year now and don't get any acne except for the occasional hormonal pimple. I used to have a lot of scarring too but the sunscreen, AHA and retinoid took good care of that.

I got rid of it using aloe gel, salicylic acid products like cosrx blackhead power and the ordinary salicylic acid 2% and the ordinary niacinamide + zinc. Tried the zinc soap too but yeah that was way too harsh

Anyone know how I can get rid of this darkness/ yellowing around my mouth? I drink a lot of water and use liquid exfoliator once a day at night, can’t find an answer online anywhere (excuse redness and scars I’m ill and having a breakout)

by sucking my pinus

careful m8, I used it for about a week and it was literally the best thing in the world and then I suddenly started breaking out all over the damn place

So I'm thinking of getting cerave face lotion and cerave foaming cleanser. Is there a decently cheap (10-15$ or less cause I'm a poor fag) toner anyone van recommend? Preferably stuff I can find in person?

>tfw i want to model (for fun)
>tfw im tall, have a good body and average-ish looking
>tfw ive been told i look like someone who'd model and who works at luxury stores
>tfw only thing preventing me is slightly bad skin and a few other things

How the fuck can I get my skin smooth as fuck, what can I incoporate into my diet besides water and what cleansers or stuff other than cetaphil/cerave/stridex can I use?

also please how do I get rid of knuckle pads, I'm thinking surgery is my only option.

Sounds promising, where are you from? I've been to the doctor once here in the UK and they gave me 'skinoren', which didn't help. Wonder if they'll give me something new, guess my best bet's to go back.
I will try this also, along with less cleanser (in AM, apparently it helps.)

thanks!

How do I get red of the black dots and my red skin? I get really red skin after I shower (warm water) and a little after cleansing my face.

Face wash:
L'Oréal Paris Men Expert Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash

Exfoliator:
Benzac Blackheads Facial Scrub

Moisturizer:
Nivea Men Sensitive face cream

I use my exfoliator 2 times a week and wash my face twice a day + moisturize.

Tried all the hygiene suggestions already and tried some different products over the year. Acne got better but this red skin and dots on my cheeks and nose are really bothering me.

Not the user you replied to, but I'm also in the UK and got given skinoren and it did fuck all for me either

Hello guys,

I have huge pore on my cheeks and I really don't know how to get ride of them. (Pic related but far less worse)

I've read that huge pore are caused because of oily skin, but I think that I have normal skin. I have no acne, or redness, juste huge pores on my cheeks and forehead.

Other question, I'm 21, should I start using night cream for preventing wrinkles ?

I have like 200e budget for this skincare.

I wanted to buy bioderma/avène/Clinic/Clarins products, are they good brands (specially clinic and clarins, treatments seems good)

All I was doing for now is
Wash
Tone
Moisturizer
Sunscreen

I'll buy aswell 1mask per week for re-hydrating the skin.

Please let me know what you think or link me something, I'll keep my research but if someone knows something I'll take it

thx

Is there anything I can do about acne scars? Is laser treatment the only option?

>eat a lot of chocolate
>touch face a lot especially during lectures
FUCK

up please

You should also drink a lot of water and make sure to lightly wash your face with water a couple of times (at least 3) throughout the day.

You should aso also avoid carbs, fat / fried foods and salt.

halp plz

People on leddit weren't helpful, does anyone here have some advice?

How do I fix pic related? I cannot stand having this redness/scarring/whatever in between my eyebrows.

My current routine that i've been on for several years is tazorac + aczone (still haven't completely outgrown my acne haha). I've been plucking stray hairs from my brow (mainly in between) since middle school. Could this be a source of the problem?

That's not keratosis, my sister has it on her legs. Gotta make sure you're clean, man. I would say use a loufa but don't rip your skin off. You my be delicate, and rub it nice.

Girl here. Alright so I'm absolutely disgusting with my face and I probably wash it like once a week. I basically do everything you're not supposed to with skin, fall asleep with makeup on, touch my face constantly, etc. But I very rarely get any acne. My issue is though, my skin is crazy dry especially during winter, which then can cause a few zits on me. Suggestions for moisturizers?

Yo Veeky Forums. Lurker here, but thanks to the pastebin posted here, I've bought a comedone remover mainly for a few black heads in my nose, and this thing really hurts as I assume you gotta press real hard. Is that the correct way? It doesn't destroy your skin doing so?

>Is that the correct way?
generally not. poke them with a needle first really superficially. you can either just make a hole at the top, or wiggle the tip around a tiny bit inside the actual pore without piercing any skin. I made pic-related to explain it. do A or B, or both. then you can push them out easily.

>Could this be a source of the problem?
yep
use dermarolling or laser

i have freckles
i dont want freckles
what do?
is there any way to sorta smooth out my complexion? also theyre not the Veeky Forums kind of freckles, my skin looks 30 years older than i am and i spend very little time in the sun

on that note, do you people wear sunscreen literally every time u go out? i have a twice-daily 15min walk in the sun as part of my commute

otherwise, sunhats? i need a hat that can protect my neck if im wearing a tshirt

pic?
also are you a grill or a guy?
They may be more Veeky Forums than you think. Otherwise, Aveno makes really gentle "clear complexion" products that have worked for me in the past

im a guy. its mostly my forehead and neck i care about. i guess theeres remannts of acne scarring in there too. ill look that up tho thanks

>do you people wear sunscreen literally every time u go out?

I use a moisturizer with SPF 30 before my morning commute every day. During summer months I re-apply it at work before going home. I don't wear hats or sunglasses. I have god-tier youthful skin but I'll be honest I'm pretty sure most of it is genetic, my dad looks 15 years younget than he is and he never used any skincare shit. Also as time goes on I feel more and more like a homo faggot for still looking like a teenager (I'm 27) so don't feel that bad for looking older. I use Neutrogena visibly even daily moisturizer which should do exactly what you want, but like I said I didn't have blotchy skin to begin with.

if skin isn't irritated diet is causing this problem

what is a good brand for general cleansers and moisturisers for daily use?

What are some really fucking expensive brands that are worth the price

Now long have you been using your exfoliator? It can take up to a year for noticeable results. Otherwise, use a stronger chemical exfoliant or Vitamin C serums.

Try washing your chest with good soap. I used to get that alot as a preteen but it went away after regularly using moisturizing bar soap like dove

How do I get rid of red nose marks caused by glasses?

change glasses

I eat around 1k2 kcal a day
Veggies, eggs, fruits.
going to the gym 3 days a week

Will try it thx
yeah I drink like one glass of water per day, I really don't know how to drink more I never think about it

Any recommended body washes for body acne? Neutrogena has an SA 2% wash called "body clear" for example, may try it. Not interested in bar soap.

I have acne on my back and a little on my chest and shoulders. Also on chest and shoulders are a fuckload of blackhead/SF looking pores. Acne on face didn't respond to Stridex but Aczone worked.

any recs for morning facial lotion WITHOUT spf. i have one with spf (cetaphil spf 50) and i have a pm cream (cerave night renewing) but there are days where i don't go outside at all so it feels like a waste to use my spf moisturizer if i'm not going outside.

i have normal to dry skin.

Accutane?

Has anyone tried a decent at home microdermabrasion device before ?

Is it worth getting one?

What should I use to make this less red and to stop more spots?

what should i eat / use to get more evenly coloured skin? more tanned i guess, but without going unprotected in sun. currently im so sickly pale

bump

guys ive got some reddish spots on my face, almost like blood vessels but certainly not acne. Assuming its not precancer, what can I do to get rid of em.

Id just get a chemical peel (perfect image has good shit on amazon). Same effect, less expensive, and probably more reliable.

sleep and hydration, a prescription retinoid cream followed by a hyaluronic acid serum, then a good general moisturizer.

daily retinoid use may irritate your skin so use sparingly.

don't rub your eyes, and get some extra sleep/take more naps during the day. you could also give your eyes a break once in a while from your computer by applying a cold damp cloth to them for about 20 seconds.

get some Vitamin E ointment, senpai

ive been using cerave foaming cleanser, am and pm moisturizer. It isnt available in Germany though can you rec some alternatives?

A couple of months, it’s a BHA. I wanted to get a chemical peel but I don’t want a disgusting peeling face for a week at college