Let's talk about god and it's powers

Let's talk about god and it's powers

It is strongly believed that God is all powerful, that it created world and can control it.
In many religions it is said that god created man in his likeness.
Today or at least in near future we are/will be capable of creating "life" similar to us, which will be much superior to us. Even today A.I research shows that it is much faster, stronger and plainly better that average human.
What if god created us just like this. What if man is much better than it's creator

Who cares.

We don't need technology to do that. Your mother and father should be God to you since they created you from just a tiny cell.

Before the first human were monkeys. So humans as a species/group has a Monkey God.

>trying to be serious on shitpost board

what was I even thinking

also

(YOU)!

>In many religions it is said that god created man in his likeness
A childish concept that proves that man created the concept of gods.

Yes, that is what is prophesied in the bible; that man will create life without a soul, or as God calls it, the Abomination that Brings Desolation.

You need to make an agressive/autist/ignorant/incorrect thread to start a debate itb, sadly.
In my opinion, this is a good reasoning. We, as sentient beings, surpassed the "natural selection". We have managed to modify our ambient, and if we are left such as it is, we can make a lot more.
The very presence of our kin could be a twisted Truman Show made by a more technological and mentally advanced species.
This makes me think of the dwemer from TES. An incredible race, with an amazing industry, a natural talent for magic and superior minds that evaporated without trace. Maybe the gods saw them as a future competition and vanquished them, or maybe they became gods themselves...

FUCKING THIS

No, just a foolish person attempting to debase humanity.

Being made in the image of God means that God looked at Adam and could see Himself; that Adam literally had the Spirit of God, the Ruach Elohim, breathed into his nostrils and became a living being.

Adam was made to be immortal, to live with God forever.

Um, no, not fucking that. While men have indeed made gods out of many things, including wood, stone, gems, metals, etc., Man did not make God.

Only an idiot would make his creation better than himself.

What makes you think that, user?

Yes we did.

Things can get out of hand pretty easily, and sometimes you can't even realise what happened.

Tell that to OP then, and call him foolish. I was using his words in his sense. The fact that God can "see" and "make" proves my point just the same though.

The idea of "The Creator" being somehow inferior to man or even a concept of spiritual degeneration is common in a lot of fringe/occult practices, like oahspe, gnosticism, ariosophy and theosophy.
I think it traces to gnosticism originally, where the "creator god" is actually a being like you or I simply on a higher plane, that has created worldly humans with a spark of the divine plane that is fundamentally superior to it, which is then manipulated and abused for a power trip. This one is called the Demiurge. The real "gods" are Aeons and resides in the plane the Demiurge descended from, with more benevolent intent.

You could quite easily read this analysis into things like the Matrix for instance, where the evil Machines lord over and abuse humans for their amusement in the matrix program, even though humans are superior to them and consequently throw their rule over the fabric of their "reality" through Neo, the protagonist, and his divine spark that allows the manipulation of code in the system to awake in the Machine's realm - the real world.

demiurge = machine
archon = "agents" like Agent Smith
superior archon Abraxas = architect
aeons = morpheus and his pals
matrix = the material world
real world = the pleroma
redpill = gnosis

Looking at the gods men made, for the first part.

Looking at the universe God made, for the second.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and you can hold it until the day you die.

But not one moment longer, and then an eternity of regret.

A god probably didn't make this universe.

It's a pretty common concept of transcendence of illusion and spiritual oppression that fits into lots of media. Think of Inception for another example.

One can't experience regret after death. Experience ceases.

OP is right.

Man is trying to create life and so claim to be God. And AI is very close to reaching the singularity.

Just like the bible predicted in 95 AD.

If omnipotent God made the structure of brain as being as the most advanced platform supported by this universe configuration - I don't think it can be replicated by limited humans.

But in the same time if humanity survives long enough and keeps up without wars - surely something similar can be realized, like a pseudo- self - aware AI.

Or ultra specialized intelligence.

God did, by definition, as "God" is the title for creating the universe.

You can think that there is some God nobody knows about who created the universe, or you can take credit for it yourself.

Or you can meet God.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion. As you were created an eternal being once conceived, you will exist forever, and you will always be you. In one of two places that could not be more different.

A thing can't be demonstrated to exist by definition.
It's not an opinion. Once you die, you die.

The Prisoner also deals with themes like this, with the big tweest at the end of the series being that the main character Number Six has been living in a prison of his own design - he is his own Demiurge, in self-bondage.

But you entitle a creation to someone you can't logically proof that it exists or made such creation.

>create life
>create

God seems very human.

Additionally, "Neo" = the neo-cortex of the brain, allowing you to manipulate the environment of the material and maintain an awareness on a higher, abstract level of thought. "Number one" = consciousness, the ego/the self, which is both intrinsic to creation and a prohibitive inhibition.

True, but as you apparently have no idea that "God" is a title and not a name, you are now better informed than you were a day ago.

This is not an opinion either.

John 5
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

You dying is the end of your life here on earth.

You dying is the beginning of your eternal torment, unless you change your mind and consent to be saved.

Of course I can. He revealed Himself to mankind.

Man was made in God's image.

Fallen Man creates abominations.

>True, but as you apparently have no idea that "God" is a title and not a name
I do.
>you dying is the beginning of your eternal torment
Incorrect. Since my body dies, my nervous system will no longer function. It will be impossible to feel torment because it will be impossible to feel anything.

God was made in man's image.

Mr. Spinoza you are needed in this thread. Calling Mr. Spinoza, please report to Veeky Forums for a special God thread.

Spinoza's special snowflake God isn't a god

Nobody said your nervous system is eternal.

They said you were eternal.

You have a spirit; you have a soul; you will receive a new body either to endure hell or enjoy heaven.

You are not an animal.

The end of you is not your death.

God is a triune supernatural eternal spirit being Who lives in unapproachable light.

Does that sound like you?

>Nobody said your nervous system is eternal.
You did by implying I will eternally feel something.
>You will receive a new body
And you did it again.
>You are not an animal
Humans are animals, not special snowflakes.
>The end of you is not your death
Yep it is.
>lives
That part sounds like me.

Yes. Dead people feel things. Jesus revealed this by telling us a story of a dead man who went to Paradise, and a dead man who went to Torment.

The one who went to Torment wanted a drop of water to cool his tongue.

You assume you need a body to feel things. Bad assumption.

You assume you are a randomly evolved animal.

Bad assumption.

You assume you will not be held to account for every single word you say; every deed you contemplate; every crime you commit.

Bad assumption.

You do know what living is, as you have no life in you.

You are in fact dead right now and don't even know it.

Jesus was mistaken, if he said that. You need a body to feel things. It is the only way anything has ever been felt. You need a nervous system.

You assume evolution isn't true. Bad assumption. You think I take proselytizing words seriously. Bad assumption.

>Bad assumption.
Elaborate, please.

>In many religions it is said that god created man in his likeness.
[citation needed]

But isn't God THE special snowflake? Isn't YHWH simply THE universal essence of Being.

The Creator of Man knows men better than you do. He knows how He made, you, and why.

So far, He is disappoint.

God knows things because he was created by humans.

Betting your soul on bad assumptions is suicidal.

You do not need a body to feel things. Read the certain rich man and the beggar in Luke.

You are not a randomly evolved animal. Man was made in the image of God, hand-crafted and receiving the Breath of God, the Holy Spirit.

You will stand before God to give an account of your entire life. Everything. Every word, thought, deed; everything. You insisted upon it.

You think death is the cessation of life. It is not.

Death is separation from God, and right now, He and you are separated.

God's ways are higher than humanity's; God's thoughts are higher than humanity's.

God created humanity.

Humanity saying nuh uh doesn't change that fact.

You assume the bible is true. bad assumption. anyone can play this game, nigger

God has thoughts because he was created by humans. You believing otherwise doesn't change that fact.

>Even today A.I research shows that it is much faster, stronger and plainly better that average human.
It's not. It's not nearly as adaptable or regenerative, and the strains a regular humans has in a life time of living would provoke metal fatigue and bit rot much faster in a machine than a biological organism.

How could god be disappointed if he knew exactly what would happen before he created that user?

No, I know the bible is true because I have tested it and found it to be true.

God gave you what you have.

He did not give you things He does not know about.

knowyourmemes

He cannot. He cannot be surprised or disappointed.

God is able to "give" because he was created by humans.

God created the universe. And mankind.

God is able to create because God was created by humans.

If anything, betting on an ancient book compiled by some uneducated desert dwelling people as a source of absolute truth seems a bit silly to me.
>You do not need a body to feel things. Read the certain rich man and the beggar in Luke.
Can you prove that? And no, being in the bible does not guarantee that this is true.
>You are not a randomly evolved animal.
I don't exactly understand what you're trying to imply here, but we are, in fact, "products" of evolution.
>You will stand before God to give an account of your entire life.
Can you prove that? Because if not, I will stay not believing in it.

Quickly, the thread must be saved. Let not God's power fall from Page 10.

Let god save it.

I don't really see the point in following him then.

I literally can't know his will. It's higher than me. God acts in ways I will never understand. And all that is there to make me understand is a collection of various manuscripts who nobody can agree on.

So to continue, if he acts in ways that we can't understand, then why should I believe men who claim to understand god?

how do you know your pastor doesn't frolic with the devil? How many evil things have to happen in churches, under god's watchful eyes, before you can doubt his presence there?

Oi vey, another God thread! Ok, so here's the thing. We, in his image, "likeness" as you would call it, are still just humans. What it means by in His image, is that we've a part of us that reflects God. When we come to being, we are nigh near automatically in His image because we were made by Him. Just like we can't make an AI without making it somewhat similar to us, or have it reflect us in some way, nor come up with ideas of aliens without it still being human in idea. Which is also why it says nature points to God, among other reasons.

Besides being in His image because we were made, there's also the whole thing of- I'm about to get theological, and say things most haven't heard of before- Him giving us unrepentant gifts. We all have a certain skill or SOMETHING, that we'll have before we ever know or meet Him. It's v obvious in idiot savants, but most people are out of touch with themselves and are so caught up in the hustle and bustle of everday life they won't realize what they've got. Besides the gift, there's also a personality trait most people have that would reflect Him. If you would have it, I'd suggest just patience, kindness, good ideas towards certain things, endurance, etc.

Also, can I get some evidence as to AI being advanced? I never hear of it and would like to see what you guys are talking about. I always figure they've got a problem at being REAL intelligence in one way or another, most notably not being able to make the logic jumps/connections we do. Also, btw, chill out and be good guys. Be happy, and let peace and goodness be with you.

That's why you sit down, try and quiet your soul, and /listen/. I think certain psychological fields/spiritual ideas would call reigning in the ego.
Yeah, you know when somebody is close to God by how they act/what they do and say, and how you feel around them. That being said, sometimes people act out when they're confronted/see someone "good."
eg: Drinking isn't wrong!
Bruh, I never said it was! I just wanna enjoy the movie! (I used an IRL example...)
Matthew 7:16
By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
Like, idk if you can tell, but don't you get that "bad vibe" round certain people? You're not gonna listen to them preach are you? Your pastor should give you a good vibe. I can feel the peace coming off mine when he walks by and I don't even ever talk to the dude.

rip, apparently I can't read numbers >.>
Sorry bout that guys.