Is this a good winter coat for 0 degrees F?

Is this a good winter coat for 0 degrees F?

Maybe with layers and if there's not so much wind. Cold weather garments have come a long way since the 1900s.

Additionally, I like the solid colors a bit more than the plaid since I feel like the pattern takes away from the details and stuff.

I don’t like synthetics though

i guess it could be a decent midlayer under a real coat.

It's cut too large to be a midlayer.

What does that mean? What's a real coat?

A real wool one, it's about enough for walks to the car. Any more than that and you'll want a wind breaker or more on top. Wind breaker + sweatshirt/flannel/whatever = GOAT

this looks like the fucking coat michael de santa was wearing in the first mission on gtav

I have one in charcoal. I think it fine but once temperature starts below zero and especially with wind chill I bring out heavy layering pieces to wear with.

What layering pieces?

Depends on what weather brings. Sometimes I wear one of pictured or their wool vest liner. Each I also use as zip-in for another jacket I own. Sometimes weather means wearing elbow length gauntlet gloves and others might mean wearing only shirt beneath mackinaw.

D A N K M E M E

Something with wind blocking closure, a longer hem and more protection on the neck.

Is it even possible to just wear a normal t shirt when the weather isn't too cold? Fucking wool irritates my skin so damn much and if I do layer it is there a good long sleeve zip up or pull over that I could always layer it with?

What temperature range do you reckon it's best in?

Depends on windchill, duration outdoors and personal tolerance to cold. I wore mine with a few light layers for sixty hours while on the street during polar vortex in 2015. Cutting wind brought it down to negative forty.

I recommend wearing heavy wool piece underneath before it ever reaches such extremity.

I'm more looking for comfortable range while in a t-shirt. I like wool but my climate doesn't always permit it, desu.

Personally I can go between low forties and about zero with a t-shirt. Boils down to climactic tolerance.

Not a chance, you would be shivering after 5 minutes in 0° weather without layering 2 other jackets underneath
Source: my entire life spent in the upper Midwest

So, for you, anything above 44 degrees f and this would be too warm to be comfortable?

Basically, yes.

Thanks for the info. I'll bet you handle cold better than I do but that's still basically winter lows, for me. Makes me think I probably should not cop.