So, everyone under 20 is wearing these. Every single person. Why did they become such memes?

So, everyone under 20 is wearing these. Every single person. Why did they become such memes?

I don't know, but what's the next big meme shoe so I can be ahead of the trend?

They look fine, they're neutral, not terribly expensive. And they're literally skate shoes marketed towards younger people.

It's like being surprised that young people wear blue jeans and white shirts

Safe easy and cheap

I've never understood the appeal of trying to look like you skate when you don't skate

because of mac demarco

but what if you do skate

Or maybe, and just think about this, most people don't actually know that they're skate shoes and like the design?

Mac DeMarco uses Vans Authentic Red.

he literally isn't famous or influential though

the average person on the street (ie the kind of person who wears vans) has absolutely no idea who he is

that wouldve been correct maybe two years ago now ever hoe in college knows him

I longboard every day to work

Am I allowed to wear shoes like this

platform crocs

But I've been wearing Vans for years, user

You're allowed to kill yourself because people who longboard are cancer

t.virgin manlet

it's already one stars

>I longboard every day
You've got bigger problems.

>being this offended by a piece of plywood on wheels

Do teenagers give you a stroke when they pass you

>young people follow trendy fads

Are you just learning this, OP?

>le intelligent man aware of social behaviors and patterns :)

I was asking WHAT made them a trendy fad you fucking moron.

copped some thanks
I am now ahead of the curve feels good man

No lie, same here dude.

Not that user, but yes. I get triggered that they're such pussies.

No it's not that at all. You know as well as I do (just as the company) does that people bandwagon shit when they see massive amounts of people rocking the same sneakers.

People don't actually even look at the designs of the sneakers when buying the damn thing. They want to connect to the people surrounding them that also rocks them.

Consumers are fucking sheep is the bottomline I'm getting at here.

If you own a sneaker company and have just a "few" people rocking your shoes in a small neighborhood, eventually other people will see and try to cop them.

It's literally humans being just blank slates

They’re for be fir what they are their just so fucking played out at this point

I just like the way they look.

Vans been out since '66 and has pretty much always been popular in fashion (especially in Cali), it's just that hypebeasts are just now starting to pick up on it as an everyday shoe to cycle with their expensive shits.

Might have something to do with Kendrick wearing them at Coachella, might have to do with Kanye name-dropping them in a song, who knows? But Vans being popular isn't new.

>People try to connect to the people around them, since forming groups has been essential for survival and passing on your genes
>LMOA ALL PPL ARE SHEEP SUBSCRIBLE TO MY TUMBLR
This is an 18+ website kiddo. People like the shoes because they are cheap, versatile and last long. Nobody tries to look like they skate, they try to look like what they consider fashionable.

They're cheap as shit and go with most fits teens wear.

nah, he auctioned those for like 10k or some shit. he wears the same in blue now i think

I wear this Vans all the time. Most of their designs are neutral and unobtrusive. They're inoffensive.

They trendy and look decent, fit with everything, are cheap

Normies don't overthink these things user.

Vans aren't exactly a hypebeast label though. I thought the whole shtick of hypebeasting was to flex flashy, expensive brands like Gucci, Louis, and Supreme to show that you've got money.

Am I missing something here?

That may be true but that doesn't really cover the whole age group that OP mentioned. I really doubt there's a big demographic of high school freshmen within Mac's fan base who are picking up on his fashion sense and applying it to themselves.

That isn't to say that those kinds Vans aren't extremely popular with high schoolers though.

These shoes are pretty basic but honestly normies have ruined them so much I literally see chavs walking around wearing old skool vans now it’s fucking annoying and gross

The fact that they're basic gives them universal appeal.

>he doesn't enjoy a basic, comfy sneaker once in awhile
i love my stan smiths just because of that

Wearing skate brands is a trend right now. Old skools are too basic to be considered ugly, so it has that going for it. If you want the same look without wearing meme shoes just buy skate shoes from another big brand (i.e. New balance, adidas, Nike) or just cop in a different color way so you're "different".

>Comfy
The Vans Old Skool is like walking around on a piece of cardboard. It's horrible. If you have to get it get the "pro" edition with a good sole

wrongboard *

Only buy pro skate Vans if you're buying Vans. Their regular stuff is mediocre at best and are what give Vans a bad name.

They're cheap, accessible, and easy to wear due to black and white working with everything. That said they're sus as fuck at this point.

because they go with a lot of outfits

why do you care

you sound like a fag tbqhwy

this
plus you get ultracush insoles which are fucking great and even after you beat the shoes, you can keep those and improve any shoe you have by throwing them in

I just got some from eBay for $50

It's gonna be a clunky sneaker like ozweegos, air max, etc. It'll be an Adidas one though, that'll be released in a year or two. In the mean time will slightly replace old skools now that even normies see them as meme shoes

This color scheme is great.

Even though they are meme tier as a whole... I've been wearing my flame Sk8-Hi's a lot, and also a pair of my plain Old Skools with the Off White Jordan 1 neon green laces laced up in them.

They're just nice and cheap shoes you can use to down dress when you have a statement piece too.

They're classics now, just like converse and air force 1's they are forever

That looks kinda dope

I wear Sk8-Hi's, you really don't see them as often. Why though?

Sk8-Hi's are the most hated on this board, but I always wear them. They're simply comfortable, good hi-top sneakers.
Plus you don't really have to care for them in the way you have to care for some other shoes. I work in a laboratory and I stained my Vans in just about everything.

I got a pair of Sk8-Hi's because I got tired of wearing white Chuck Taylors but wanted some comfy hi-tops instead of more of a low-cut profile. Fucking comfortable to wear, why are they hated?

>You know as well as I do
No. I don't. That's called projecting.