Cardigans

>Cardigans

>lunarcore

>quitting Benzos

how do u keep warm :^/ in a cold classroom

>discovering the roots of that elusive creative success yet more afraid than ever before

>reality destroying nightmares every single time REM is achieved

>spent entire youth and then some, from ages 16-35, learning to compose electronic music

>microdosing LSD

Overdosing LSD for an entire year of HS and paying for it every day 20 years later

>wasting a vacation to Hong Kong programming niche synths in your hotel room

>becoming the artist you always dreamed of being and hating every second of existence once you get there, save for those glorious moments of performance.

What sides do you suffer from? Are you a schizophrenic?

>sensing that others pity you for an obsession that has taken your life from you but raised it higher than you ever could without it

LSD lets you see potential connections between things that may seem otherwise unrelated.

So what if you got to the point where you became aware of all the connections between everything, even the potential and perhaps non-existent connections? What if you were forced to digest reality as a unified whole, all the time?

yeah, that's a good one. Ten points.

>hoodies

>implying you need LSD to achieve this state of being

>Having forty something pairs of dope kicks and wearing only five of them over and over

Just shut your mouth, will you?

You absolutely don't! You're 100 - it's just that pharmacological agents can shortcut you through certain things, and it's possible to grasp shit you wish you never had.

When I'm finished, I will. What difference does it make?

impossible. benzos are the drug they give you to quit real drugs.
breakfast of champions
we need to talk. I have a few really important (to me) synth questions but am synth ignant.

sure thing, this is the one thing I have down pat life wise... Synths. Where can we talk?

Also? I quit Heroin cold in my youth, and it can't hold a candle to extended xanax use. Maybe I'm alone on this board in feelin like that, but not in the world at large.

No you're not alone. I've kicked heroin multiple times, but I've watched people kick benzos and thought, at least I didn't go through that.

Lemme make a decoy email accnt for synth questions so I don't dox myself on here.

Uhmmmm good shite! I'm not alone.
I'm gonna send a soundcloud account with my email, and you should i dunno, verify it's me via the SC and BC accounts I mention in the email...?

[email protected]

shot you a line

this dude is giving me anxiety
s-should I stop making music

it IS a sacrifice. It's also a choice you make. Do you give that part of your life to the dream?

'kicked multiple times' yee, it doesnt work like that m8...

Depends on who you ask. A lot of folks think that the withdrawal is the beast, and beating that constitutes kicking. Me? I kinda feel like that beast of withdrawing was the hard part, but I also never fucked with opiates like that again, save for the odd cup of lean.

Similarly, perhaps more extremely, I will never touch a benzo again when I get past this shit. Fuuuuuuck that.

Ya I figured that out. By kicking I meant WDs. That's where the term comes from. I'm off for good now. Every other time I still craved, but this time being clean has felt like being born again. New lease on life and other cliche expressions.

alright I feel better now

Good.

What do you make, brother? Genre? Breed?

currently making hip hop beats to make money
(and it isn't going well tb.h) but I want to make some techno tunes and maybe some ambient with some guitar since I know how to play it already

also kinda want to start a metal band, but i don't have any unique ideas for that yet

Making money offa beat selling is a fickle game that kinda requires you to violate an artistic creed you may or may not have and operate by formula while still producing quality.

Techno is such a different mindset, such a different flow and logic, you need to not underestimate the complexity of something like... minimal dub techno. That shit is more concerned about the specific qualities of every individual sound in the arrangement. You CAN spend 6 hours synthing the right kick drum for a seemingly simple track, no lie.

Ambient is always easiest, IMO - if you know how to think outside the box. If you know how to turn field recordings into the components of a good ambient track.

You'll make money with remixing, assuming you have the connects. I've done a bit a of that, a bit of ghost production and I can flip pretty much any genre outside of jungle.

Metal is played ATM, I would wait and choose between electronic, true-skool or pop-tier hip hop.

>Wearing only shirts all the time

I don't understand your issue with Cardigans senpai

You're right about beat selling I've been saving beats to send to up and coming rappers which will help if they blow up.

Need to learn more about mixing definitely if I want to get into techno and ambient.

And I agree that metal is played out, honestly haven't heard much inovation in years, I'd prefer something in the vein of post-hardcore but it's way harder to find people into it and willing to play.

Also how did you get into the ghost production business? No need to get into details obv.

I think real, honest to goodness live DJing would up your mixing game and make a lot of concepts graspable - and by honest to goodness I mean learning how to beatmatch, blind. No computers giving you waveforms or bpm counts.

I started as a DJ, back in the 90's. Moved into mixing house and techno so I could work more spots. It progresses naturally into producing - you spend a lot of time with the music and you put songs together in new ways, so production is like, inevitable.

I always wanted to DJ, since first seeing a turntablist at like, 5 or 6 years of age. I never thought I'd be capable of it, tho. At a point in my life where I could find meaning in nothing, I said "Fuck it, I'm doing this".

And that was it. That was all I did, for about a decade. I collected records and put them together in mixes. When I could I played short sets. When I threw techno into the mix I found I could do it at a lot of places, bars raves clubs etc.

It was very important to me to learn to scratch really well. This took me about 8 years to nail down. I did 2-3 hours of practice a day, every day. There was no youtube and when there was, well... nobody cared that much until Q-Bert came around.
By being able to scratch I can prove myself to any other serious DJ, instantly. it's like a cheap street cred thing. I also love it as a past time.

Ghost production was just a bitter pill I swallowed after discovering that record labels and getting signed meant fuck all. There was a long time when I held onto this notion of having "made it" some day, and I didn't realize that success happens on one's own terms, should they choose to decide those terms for themselves.

Basically, if I can sell a track for a few grand or more without committing to a label contract or the burden of clearing samples or dealing with promotion, why not? I mean, as long as I don't sell off my personal works, then it doesn't bother me. I also get to laugh at the industry and sign Non Disclosures.