Hey Veeky Forums...

Hey Veeky Forums, i'm a 21yo sophomore in college (community) and my parents and sister are telling me I should dress older and I agree but I don't know what makes me look my age. What I consider older is on the right and some examples of what I usually wear is on the left.

Buy basics don't be a tacky either and take in mind proportion
>Button up shirts
>shoes not sneakers
>Lurk around Veeky Forums
>Take inspiration from older people and really analyze their aesthetic and mindset

Wear what you think looks cool. Pick out any outfit or aesthetic you like and wear it. Fuck your parents. My mom tells me all the time I need to shop at more stores like my sister, but i wear whatever i like and now she never talks about it.

my mom always complements the stuff I buy, and all I do is make sure what I wear is matching

Bump I have the same problem. I'm 20 and my fashion hasn't changed since I was 15

Not sure whats fashionable in Australia, sorry.

the basic idea is ditch graphic t-shirts and cargo pants and shirts that aren't fitted

this is the super basic option

what do u like spin on those decks user

Don't fall for the "dress your age" meme. I know multiple engineers and corporate tech and sales guys (including a couple of PhD holders) who only wear polos or suits because they have to for work. Other wise its jeans, hoodies, t-shirts and the odd dress shirt for them. One of my best friends who's also going to college wears exclusively cargo shorts and t-shirts. The concept of wear more formal cloths should only be applied to people who work white collar jobs or just like the look. Don't dress differently unless it's actually what you want to do.

Just because they dress that way doesn't mean they don't look ridiculous

I agree with you, all but one has horrid tastes in fashion, IMO. The point is they dress for themselves, and not what everyone else wants them to dress (unless its for work of course).

At the end of the day, you have to be satisfied with yourself and not what other people want for you. Yeah, OP might not look good in the eyes of some people, but how pathetic is it to make fashion choices from someones else point of view instead of your own?

according to you
if they are content how they look or don't give a damn, that's really only thing that matters

This looks like shit, what a god-awful fucking fit.

there are people who like being taken seriously by their peers; any encouragement to ignore others' opinion hazards ill judgment and the consequences of that lowered esteem---disrespectful treatment, in a word.

no shit; but it's mature
you only react so strongly however because he lacks a confident expression

I'm going to leave with this, I've known many successful individuals in my life, my parent included. Even day to day, as I live within walking distance of a neighborhood chock full of mcmansions. The ONLY person I know who consistently dresses "like an adult" is my grandfather who needed to because he was a Mexican in a white man country trying to make a decent living for his family, though it doesn't help that he was a teacher and a jazz bassist for two decades. He still want me to dress well, and I do if the situation calls for it (I'm one of the few suit fags on this board). But I'll respect someone more for dressing like they want as opposed to letting someone else dress them, and I'll bet most people would agree.

>basic military inspired made in china mall shit
>dressing more mature

Pick one

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not relevant, child

I'd say get some basics that you like. It can still be casual, but get things in basic colours and without grahics and shit. At 21 "to dress your age" could still be tees and jeans, but nice tees and jeans which fit.