Wait, are you ALL poor?!?!

I swear to god if nobody can blow this figure out of the water I am never coming back to this pitiful board

I'm much richer than that (7 figures, not 6). I have nothing to prove to Veeky Forums though. What's your point?

If you really are, you should bring back the old biz. Post proof, become a namefag with a trip, and become an orator of biz. We're missing out.

Most of us are young and in college, coming to this board for advice, not to show off.

What's the point? The proof is never enough.
Most anons wouldn't believe it anyway, and they're not going to just take advice from someone claiming to have money.
Good lord, are there already enough of those people here.

Are you a young girl in college? I'm a young NEET who forex trades and makes a decent living

I live in a third world shithole and even I have more than that.

100.000$ in an account
100.000$ fund
200.000$ apartment (rent out)
50.000$ apartment (rent out)

I live with 1 friend and my cousin in a small apartment to save money and drive a used shitty car.
ill have my first million before im 30

Nah, don't want to attract attention or use argument from authority. I'm a millionaire and live like a total poorfag though.

Example: I didn't have a phone until one week ago. Still don't have a car, don't have a job, don't have a girlfriend (or even male friends), don't go out, don't travel, I do nothing with my life.

So it's not like I'm wanting to brag about a big number that appears on my screen.

Proof is generally enough to point a receptive user in the right direction. At least for him to do further research to confirm or make a more informed decision.

I'm new to this board to be honest but I really hope there's more than poor fags in this board talking out of their ass and I can receive some good advice from anons who have decent financial success to some degree.

Don't use trips though that only builds up egos and makes everything worse. Anonymous is always best.

>Lived with my parents during university cause I was poor
>graduated with Art history degree
>starting salary 24k
>4 years after graduating I made my first million

Still can't believe it myself. Anyways I don't have more than 200k in my account at any given moment because I'm also investing it in property but I've got two flats in London worth about 2MM each and a string of smaller properties in Manchester.

If you actually care/need proof I can post a pic of my bank statement, I spent £30k last month on myself and I don't pay rent, I can't drive, and I'm single.

>he thinks 220,000 is a lot of money
>calling people poor with only 220,000

if my net worth dwindled to that i would seriously consider suicide. not even joking

Got any advice for someone looking to get into forex trading? I've got a little bit of cash and I'm tired of being fucking poor.

Okay, so here's Veeky Forums wisdom in three sentences, which I fully endorse:

>get a high-paying position that you will enjoy (if you need it), not to compare yourself with others but to change the world (if you can);
>save up a lot of money, don't waste your capital on frivolous fetishes and useless services;
>invest it all in low-cost index funds, following the simple but incredibly efficient "lazy portfolio" model.

You can literally leave Veeky Forums forever and be sure you'll reach financial success, if you follow these three instructions and nothing else.

What's your story bro?

>thinks he's above the ladder
>doesn't realise he's just another ring

No matter how much money you have user, someone's laughing at how pathetic it is. It's an endless cycle unless you're a rothschild. So getting uppity because on the global scale you're 1 percentile higher than OP is just as pathetic as OP being snooty with his 200k.

Well by the time I was graduating everyone was already hitting me with that "lib arts enjoy being poor meme" and all my friends desperately began applying to do PhDs, well I was a really good student but more importantly (I guess) was I had a good "eye" for art and good people skills, so my professor recommended me his friend who owned a high end art gallery in New York. From there I started small with absolutely shit pay in a loft to making bank in commissions within a few years. What really propelled me though was becoming friends with my clients who started inviting me to dinner parties etc and helped me then meet new clients. In the art world all these people care about is being "ahead of the trend" so by the age of 29 I made my first mill in a fiscal year. It wasn't 1 mill gbp which annoyed me (because I'm British) but by 31 I'd sorted that. Since then I've invested most of my earnings into property and Bitcoin (inb4 people insult me) of which I have just over 1k. In fact one of the best decisions I think I've made is renting out one of the student flats I have in Manchester in Bitcoin. Obvs there are measures that must be taken due to legal limitations, but it was worth it as I've had this guy living there 2 years now paying me .75 BTC a week.

At some point (once you get in the deep 7 digits IMO), you give zero hoots about what the others have.

You're just doing your thing, they're doing theirs. It's not a race. Also no one (no one who's relevant) is impressed by your money. Try to impress by doing interesting things with it instead.

So you live in a shithole AND have $450 dollars?

You use Fidelity as your brokerage house brah?

When I say "you", it's not the personal "you" (as in "ur a fag lol"), of course.

Thank you for the answer user.

I'm close to call a check on the first one. Soon to graduate as an environmental engineer with a focus on water contaminants control technology. I really love my field at this point. Have been networking with two of the major players in the industry here in California and have a decent resume with decent people skills. I'm confident I'll get a good job.

Second one I have to say I will have to do some work on. I don't come from a very well off family, so I've never had a taste of all the luxuries and flashy things. Part of me craves them part of me knows they are worthless and have no real value. Recently or currently the part of me that knows they are worthless is bigger than it's counter part, and the main motivation behind it is that I can invest the money instead and make more money to travel or have a nice house, family etc. Things of more value than just flash.

The third I will have to work even more at. I love risks, I want to get into stocks when I have enough capital on the side, so that I can make money "fast" and save profits on the side by investing them in real estate. I understand this might all be hype and that maybe that just never happens in real life and the "lazy portfolio" model might be the best if not the only way in the long run. Is the possibility of making fast profits on stocks really that bad? By fast I don't mean penny stocks, or schemes and scams, just not the "lazy portfolio" model. This is of course taking into consideration that I would study up on stocks and absolutely everything that relates to it before jumping into it. I have very beginner tier finance knowledge so I would really appreciate your advice. I come from an engineering background.

You derelict

that 47 was my dinner btdubs

Don't go into Forex.
Just don't

here.
By "good job" I meant about 65-70k starting salary as entry level. With a decent ladder for growth.

I am the poorest person on this board.

Regarding luxuries, some make more sense than others. Just avoid the paycheck-to-paycheck mentality, avoid credit card financing, avoid expensive cars that cost gorillions to buy, insure and maintain, etc.

Fast profits on individual stocks are possible, but you must study the market full-time, and even then nothing guarantees you'll be a winner: your method can be improper, you can be talentless, you can be unlucky... and reap big losses. Who knows? Passive investing (through index funds) are the best way to go in your situation since you'll be able to devote your time to your proven, reliable, monetizable skills which are the basis of your future investments--while obtaining handsome returns.

Knowing how to extract the most value from your investments makes no sense if you don't have a serious, steady income to invest in the first place. Worrying about making a dubious 20% instead of the normal 10% is only good for those who have enough capital. It doesn't matter for smaller net worths, since most of your growth (during the first years) still comes from your active income.

After 15 or 20 years, though, compound interest works its magic, and you make so much you're not willing to make a "quick buck" anywore. Launch a compound interest simulation (with monthly deposits) with a reasonable interest of 7 or 8% and you'll see.

Not in the least, there are plenty of people here who are in debt.
Also, I also have less than you, around 1k€, a present from my parents

That makes sense.
I'm going to start a new file, with financial advice for myself to read over from time to time.
Also an excel one with projections to revisit and see options I come across.

Thank you user.

thank god

yes

If either of you could read you'd see that I implied that $220k was NOT a lot of money

but i don't think i'm above the ladder.

OP is just a huge faggot for trying to brag about having 220k and calling other people poor when he hasn't even reached half a mil yet. 220k isn't enough money to try to show off. Any faggot can save shekels for 5 years and reach that net worth.

Good job

critique me please

In early 2016 I bought a car in full with cash and paid off 12k student load debt. I now have $0 debt and here is basically the start of my long term investments. I should have about 24k by December. Keeping majority of funds in cash until market crashes before dumping my savings into vanguard. I'm also consolidating my IRAs soon.

Excellent work, do you have a flat in London available to rent in btc?

i have about $30k assets and $10k debt
i thought i was the poorest

Well I mean, the only debt I'm in is a $19,000 auto loan that I pay 450 on err month.

And a steady flow on my credit card that I pay off every month too.

Other than that:
>no student loans
>no medical debt
>no outstanding fucktard credit card spending debt
>owe nothing to anyone

Feels good but at the same time it's shitty as fuck because I'm broke as shit. I'm definitely trying to change that though.

>no student loans
Thats actually the best investment you can do.
If you study engineering or anything useful.

i have student loans and private loans from my mother. about the same sum.
the private loan has no interest and the repayment is flexible the student loan is going to be kill in a year.

How so?

I've always been taught to stay away from student loans

I thought student loans are the only way to be able to pay for studing.
I guess if you are able to study without student loans it is even better.

Those who brag about money are those who don't have that much of it. The ones who do keep quiet about it.

well my story is complicated and ridden with irresponsible choices and laziness and procrastination and wasted opportunities.

basically i didn't had to pay for the first degree but i took student loans to have some money to spend. it was a very reasonable loan compared to the others. i had no future i didn't even want to live past 30. i took it for free money. also fucked up my degree so it was a real waste overall.

i turned out alright despite my many failures i just wish i started saving 10 years ago.

I'll be the richest person here in one week when my 300,000 trumpcoins worth $2m, stay poor suckers.

Dude.
Just go fucking travel the world for a while.
You will find something that could entertain you for a few years on the road, at best you might find a life calling.

If you really have that money why not chill in the Caribbean instead or thailand instead of alone in (I'm assuming) north america

is it safe to say if you had an american accent you'd be much worse off?

I'm in Europe. Really I don't like to travel, and doing it alone is even more depressing. I prefer memes and epic pasta, they give me a joy that money can't buy.

Sooooooooo... No student loans? They bad?

Assuming taking advice from Veeky Forums is credible at all

>look at me guys I'm a millionaire
>but I am selfless monk also
>guys seriously I have no car, no gf
>guys I don't have any friends

If I had to write a story about a guy pretending to be a millionaire on the internet, this is exactly what I would write.

Bait.

never said that, i said it was stupid of me considering i didn't really needed it.
why get into debt if you don't need to ever?
i can pay it back easily enough my investments are hurting tho until i do.

I'd have over $200,000 of my parents died too OP! Congrats on the gain and I'm sorry for you loss

Oh, okay. Makes sense.

I won't ever need student loans because "muh GI Bill"

So that's good. A lot of my peers are extremely financially irresponsible.

I'm looking to get on that ASAP, I still have 700k left on mortgage of second flat. Once that's paid off I want to have bought a third flat and use the rent from the other two flats to pay off its mortgage and then rent it out for BTC all by 2020.

I literally have 103 euros and 18 cents. Plus 11k debt.

I'm considering dropping out of college to make money. Otherwise I'll end up in huge financial problems.

According to my spreadsheet I can still spend 45 euros and 98 cents this month.

I hate how fucking refugees and neets get free money while I get fucking nothing simply because I study. I've been busy trying to start my own biz but I dont even have money to pay the chamber of commerce lol.

What is the average holding of Veeky Forumsnessmen? Out of curiosity.

I'm not a monk, just depressed. Also there's nothing special in my story.

>no car
I live in Europe (in a big capital) so there's no need for a car. Don't even have a driver's license.

>no job
What would be the point? I have good degrees though.

>no friends, no gf
I have no job, so I don't get out, so I meet no one. See the pattern? I stop answering to my old "friends" once I got rich.

(They were the kind of friends to whom I always wished a happy birthday, but they never wished me anything. I can do without them.)

>hurrdurr how did you get money then if you're a cuck with no life
Inheritance, good investments, and also I'm not 18.

8k student debt
1.9k in the bank
3k worth of ownership of a company
Net worth: -3,100

>live in Europe

No matter how much money you have, you will always be poor

for more ebin maymays ^^

Going into my sophomore year of college have about 8k in savings and a few grand in student loans, after i finish my loans will be about 40k. Any advice? should i start paying loans now or try to make passive income with my savings

I'm going to live that way for a little while after ether goes up in value.

I'm 33, I have 2736 eth and I only need $15k a year to live comfortably without working. I estimate I'll live to about age 82, so you do the calculation and it comes out that if ether goes to $268 I can cash out and say fuck you to everybody.

Of course, I would still work whenever I wanted to.

I have $37

Just graduated 5 months ago. No debt, 1500 in savings (about half is going to taxes), 1200 in investments. next paycheck is going almost completely in savings.

OP here, different IP. I inherited about $35k of it, earned/saved the rest. I stand to inherit about $1.5 mil + 2 houses when my parents kick the bucket

Assuming you have a bank account (or any other account), you should link it to your fidelity acct and track everything from fidelity. I did that a month ago, shit is cash.

I have a few thousand more than that right now in a money market account, but it's a trust fund started by my Grandfather and will not be in my control for another year.

Even when it is, I don't really have a reason to touch it and I'll never truly consider it mine anyway to be honest. I guess I'll keep an eye on it with the Edward Jones guy I have co managing it. The only thing I'm concerned about right now is none of it in metals, but I bought some of those myself anyway.

cactus ?

investing to my own small company has taken most profits few years in a roll (well, at least dont have to pay much taxes) so i got about 50ke, and a house. Next year ill try to get 60-80k income from my works, and try to put some of it in good dividend-stocks or something.

This is Veeky Forums not plebbit. Op is intentionally baiting to create discussion ya dummy

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

>if ether goes to $268
Not wanting to sound negative, but that seems the flaw in your plan.

>Pays well
>Does good for the world

I literally cannot think of anything other than some silly meme like a doctor.

Pretty much any productive job will do the trick, i.e. not poker player or similar stuff.

I mean: poker can be very lucrative and boost your ego, but in the end it's a sad, meaningless, parasitic life.

Money's not the only aim of the big money makers.

Are you 15? I'd say I'm bottom 50-percentile for Veeky Forums.

thepixels.jpg

How's your Trumpcoin business going?

>I got where I am because of nepotism
riveting tale, chap.

dem pixels

>82 billion

It's hard to succeed without meeting the "right" people at some point.

Buy all the Vietnamese dong you can, trust me

>it's a sad, meaningless, parasitic life
Did you lose a ton playing poker?
Or did some poker player win your gf, or poster of your gf, in a pot?
b/c you seem extra butthurt re poker players

>last night Doyle Brunson shagged my wife

D-don't remind me :(

>It's hard to succeed without meeting the "right" people at some point.
and it's way easier when the "right" people are in your own family.

btw, lots of rich people itt, holy fuck Veeky Forums!11

What's your art career look like now?

When was your last major art deal and for how much? I need details bro. Thanks in advance.

>"once you get in the deep 7 digits you give zero hoots about what the others have."
>acts snooty and gives two hoots about what OP has

Don't worry man, you'll make it someday.

Lol poor fag 500k net worth here

>I don't need the flashing things in life!
>my motivation for more money is not to donate or start a non-profit lol just travel and buy a nice house lol

Nah you're the average user on Veeky Forums

Then theres poorfags who just want to get out of their credit card debt and the occasional actual richfag

baller

I said professor, not relative. I guess if you impress your boss at work and they recommend you for a better job that's nepotism too? Stay poor.

Your post is not okay. Please cancel it.

t. Snooty user

Last major art deal was for an Kandinsky, it was a private sale between a Russian buyer based in London and an old lady in New York who smuggled it across from Soviet Union during WW2. Before anyone tells me I'm giving away too much detail,

A) it was a private sale so she'd have to be browsing Veeky Forums to know I'm talking about her

B) I left the art scene three years ago.

Anyways it sold in the low tens and I got a 15% commission.

I left art because of how soul crushing modern art is. (Kandinsky is one of the few I respect) And almost all art produced after WW2 is basically a pyramid scheme with fake buyers shilling the work of art to inflate the prices and trick people with more money than sense that it's going to go up indefinitely in value. Modern art is the original /meme/coin. I actually got a lot of flack for refusing to recommend artists I didn't like towards the end and my colleagues thought I was self-righteous and maybe they were right but it doesn't matter now.

I now buy art I like in auctions for

The old biz? What the fuck are you going on about? Biz has always been terrible

Interesting post. Which painters do you currently buy?

And what's your opinion about Bernard Buffet? And about Raqib Shaw?

Why

He was basically asking me to become the new iHaz.

Too tiresome for me, I'm just the average Veeky Forums-dwelling NEET with a twist.

141,527.79 in cash
170,290.34 in market accounts

311,818.13 in total

In my 20s