Ive been riding motorcycles my whole life, finally have the money to buy some decent gear...

Ive been riding motorcycles my whole life, finally have the money to buy some decent gear. Can Veeky Forums help me pick something that will keep me safe and look good doing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nábrók
youtu.be/L4PpJb3AnOE?t=2m8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The bike im riding

nice bike!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nábrók

How much do you wanna spend and what on ?

Hey Veeky Forums post your baiku

Your pic looks good, get that one

less than a couple hundred

Go back to /dbt/

yeah let's turn this into another Veeky Forums thread

Dream on user. Nothing is gonna happen for you with that budget.

Show me what i should be paying for, im new to this

My 1974 honda cl200

schott perfecto

for a couple hundred you could get MAYBE a jacket, but it would be more function than form.

I recommend checking out FortNine's channel on youtube, he does a lot of the research and testing for price points across all motorcycling specs (street, dual, cruising, etc).

youtu.be/L4PpJb3AnOE?t=2m8s

thats a very pretty bike user. I learnt to ride on a 1976 TL125, brings back the memories

Speaking of driving and Veeky Forumstism, does Veeky Forums have any good driving shoes?

Nice

here's my I wear for work

Asics/onitsuka tiger. Anything with a round heel and thin sole is going to be great for driving

Pic looks good

Leather is still the best looking and will never go out of style unfortunately most mainstream manufacturers make truly shitty looking leathers made to appeal to teenage morons into motocross

Generally though motorcycle leathers fall overwhelmingly into two categories

1. Derivative cheap shit, diagonal zipper stuff with sub standard leather, construction avoid

2. Anti-fa expensive shit with logos plastered all over it that makes you look like a fucking twat

Look for features of highest quality, integrated insertable armor, ventilation, liners for child weather and the fit has to be perfect.

I bought a decent jacket on eBay for 40. I'm a 36 regular but for a size 40 which fits perfectly.

If you don't already have a full outfit here is priority highest to lowest

1 helmet. Never skimp, get a full face helmet, flip up face OK. If you are wearing less than full face, you are a total idiot.

2 gloves. Full gauntlet, leather/armor, 100$

3 boots that are leather, cover the ankle. I wear Sorel hiking boots

4. Jacket heavy leather, ventilated with armor

5. Pants same

Shit has fit for perfectly, don't settle for less

Take care of the leather and it will outlast the bike. Neglect it and it will degrade and weaken.

Always wear the best protection you can afford

Remember denim disintigrates about 3 feet into a slide across pavement at 60 mph, you still have several hundred feet to go grinding your skin off

Practice ATTGAT

ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME

No exceptions until you are an expert rider

check out Icon1000, it's designed to be relatively subtle and wearable when you're not riding, also not too expensive and the quality is top notch

Recommend me a good, simple leather jacket that's genuine leather but not crazy expensive.

Awesome advice, wise sage.
Keeping all this in mind for when I get my first bike next spring

>tfw newb
>tfw only have a full face and gloves

this hobby is expensive