EFFAY HOBBIES

what your hobbies other than fashion?

has fashion helped you get better at them?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/solfgod/mirror
soundcloud.com/jackedison/crank-that
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I lift weights

thats not a hobby

its personal maintenance

do you consider brushing your teeth a hobby?

i bet not

My bike is basically an extension of my fashion.
Fixies are effay as fuck.

i make music, fashion actually did help me bc i figured out that a good outfit and song have the same base. all art has it, dont know what to call it tho

Biking is fucking cool. I used to ride all the time. Shit was cash.

link?

Considering most people fail to even exercise, I would consider it a hobby

soundcloud.com/solfgod/mirror

noh8pls i know its amature

Most people fail to floss too...

This ain't too bad.

I believe in you user, just keep making music
Practice is the key for these sorts of things.
I would also enroll in a music theory course if you're in uni, or just watch a shit ton of videos on the subject.
It's amazing what memorizing a bunch of scales and a circle can do for you

I post on /x/ as lucky.
and I'm not feeling very lucky.
I used to lurk Veeky Forums more... /v/ sucked since 2012, /mu/ is too contrarian and /pol/ is just fast enough for me to not care about it.

thanks brother, means a lot

ya im working on meorizing scales. usually i just pick a key and tape off the notes on my keyboard so i known what to play but it would be a lot simplier if i just knew them lmao

t. numale

I also recommend listening to a lot of jazz.
Even if you don't like jazz; especially if you don't like jazz.
Improvisation is the purest form of music structure and theory, and applying what you learn to analyzing famous performances will make you a better musician no matter what discipline you practice.
Miles Davis and Thelonius Monk are fantastic artists to start with.

In regards to the rest of the thread, I suppose music is my hobby, listening and preforming.

Not really a hobby so much as my job but I am a war zone photographer. I'd do it even if they didn't pay me though.

i actually do listen to quite a bit of jazz already
but i haven't listened to much of those guys. ill check them out thank you

When I get inspired, I make music, but I hate everything I make.

you're not a real artist if you're satisfied with your work.

I play in a jazz trio and a bunch of other styles in my own time. I also cook, which I consider a hobby given the amount of practice and care I out into researching recipes and experimenting with food I don't actually eat. I do some writing, but mostly for Veeky Forums stuff.

I guess I lift weights but that's more of a health thing, Its a hobby for some just not for me.

well brushing your teeth is a kind of necessary thing (not for everyone though lol). while weight lifting isn't just as every other hobby

Photography for me, it gives you an opportunity to shoot pictures of cute girls.

Playing an instrument is a top tier hobby

jesus fucking christ this thread AGAIN

it's like there are new are more of you self-concious, no-personality, spineless fucks every week asking the same inane questions.

BEING STYLISH AND FASHIONABLE IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN COPY. BEING STYLISH AND FASHIONABLE IS SOMETHING THAT COMES NATURALLY. STOP TRYING TO CO-OPT OTHER PEOPLES HOBBIES IN ORDER TO BECOME COOL, EVERYONE SEES RIGHT THROUGH YOU.

TRULY STYLISH PEOPLE CANNOT BE PUT IN A BOX BECAUSE THEY ARE UNIQUE INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE UNIQUE STYLES, UNIQUE PERSONALITIES, UNIQUE HOBBIES ETC. BEING A CARBON COPY FUCK MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE THE TREND-HOPPING WHORE YOU ARE. COOL PEOPLE AREN'T INTERESTED IN PEOPLE WHO MINDLESSLY FOLLOW TRENDS, THEY ARE INTERESTED IN PEOPLE WHO PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO THEIR LIFE.

Philosophizing

Of course

These days people don't even know what career they should pursue. Getting ideas about unique hobbies to get into is no different from learning about underrated jobs. Either we are stuck with the mundane or we have nothing to do at all. This is the third option.

nice blogpost

It's interesting to hear about other people's lives user.
Or do you not think compassion is effay enough for you?

That is cool as fuck. I've been watching the Ken Burns Vietnam docu, and I have so much respect for people like you. Putting yourself in harms way to share the truth of these foreign conflicts is absolutely selfless and highly commendable.

(Also i think i know you, if you're that guy from /p/ who had some big threads ~1 year ago)

Where do you live?
Or do you travel to various conflict areas?

if this thread was on /soc/, yeah sure whatever, but it's on Veeky Forums, has nothing to do with fashion, and has been posted like once a week for the past 4 years. im getting real fucking tired of this off-topic bullshit.

of all the offtopic bullshit and bait threads this was the one you decided was the worst?
What does it matter on a slow board like this, some discussion is better than none.
It's the same problem and the same complaint on almost every board on this website. If we removed every single thread that was not exactly what the board title was, the only board left would be /b/.
Also /soc/ is just dicks and kik stalkers, nobody talks about interesting things there.

calm down
>has fashion helped you get better at them?
clearly this thread could have something to do with fashion
chill out man

Thats not too bad. Have you considered adding some mumble rap over that? Its not too hard to do and will get you popular

I've been writing music and drawing portraits for 20 and ten years, respectively. Gaining an understanding of how symbolism and iconography can convey a mood in something like a jacket or a pair of shoes has elevated my musical prowess astronomically.

I can't even begin to tell you how much deeper my understanding of all art has gotten, let alone my ability to invoke totemic shit from the cultural unconscious with synths, samplers and drum machines. I can, like... feel the time and place each sound came from, in a metaphorical sense.

I try to read, watch films, play snooker and cycle as much as I can really.

T O G
O
G

>do you consider brushing your teeth a hobby?
kek'd

No one is unique, thousands of people have the same lifestyle as yours no matter how hard you try to convince yourself that you are a special little snowflake.

It's not a hobby anymore because I kind of grew out of it but I used to draw a lot. Now I only do it every now and then when I get particularly bored. But my taste in fashion has dramatically improved my skills in this area : when I draw characters, I get the proportions better, I can easily figure out how they should be dressed (and actually draw the clothes the right way), and my personal style has been heavily influenced by sketches of certain fashion designers.

i wanna get into filmmaking

playing roblox

Lifting, learning languages and reading lit/philosophy.

It really depends. I have an apartment back in the US where I can coordinate with clients or fellow photographers in a more serious manner, for instance I'm back in my home town right now because I'm working on a project with James Nachtwey, who happens to live in the same town. However, for at least 3/4ths of the year I am living in relative proximity to conflict zones, so that is to say that I will work in Afghanistan for a month or two and then go back to my spot in Jordan where I have more formal darkroom facilities, and much nicer accommodations. From there I'm able to take a range of work throughout the Middle East. That kind of all shifts around however, so after this next project I will probably be moving to northern India and setting up shop there for a while, at least a year or so.

Follow people around college campuses and watch them get into their cars from 50-60 feet away

You're insufferable.

No music theory and probably full of ego with shitty thrift store camera and out of focus shots thinking it's amazing

Literally billions of people out there.

You’re not unique.

I find it funny how nobody said sewing or anything related to clothing. I guess that's a given.

I got into sewing recently and i've been making some dyi projects in hopes that somebody will notice my work or create my own brand.

Bowling, and hell no nigga bowling most least effay hobby have you seen the shoes

copulation

I collect archival clothing that's kinda why I'm here honestly.

But other than that I guess I like politics I kinda do have to care sorta since I am a voter and the decisions of others at the ballot box in way to many ways than I would like. I also like art(sorta) I like buying it frankly if its not for sale im not interested. I also buy watches usually only Swiss made ones but some French and Japanese timepieces as well if I can get a good price on them. There small and easy to store also keep value. Could be worse. Will pick up any erotica or architecture book if its there. Idk what kinda person this would make me in the eyes of the people who post here.

The OP specifically says "other than fashion."

I play music with my brother. We mostly just fuck around and experiment rather than write and perform songs. We're trying to save money for a decent DSLR to make videos, though. Fashion hasn't helped me get better, but it helps me look cool while playing.

i boulder/rock climb with mates, good work out and get to meet people with the same interest so its cool. also get some nice climbing shoes to go with your chalked up outfit

but flossin on these niggas is my hobby senpai.

nice.

i play and study short ring cash holdem.

my main hobby/job is watches. its an autist hobby so it hasnt helped at all.

i used to dive but my lung got fucked so i cant anymore

>rock climbing
*tips fedora*

shit is hard as hell to do, tho. I mean, you'll be more tired than any previous moment in your life after that first 20 foot wall.

bmx is fun

im balling like an athlete but got no jumper

My hobbies are gambling and making ambient music.

Is this effay?

urban exploration/ restauranting/ attending diy shows

i basically don't contribute anything, just observe. Is that still Veeky Forums?

The latter is.

Ambient music yes, gaming not so much.

Gambling is fun when you are on uppers, making music is good for the comedowns/offnights

Gambling's dumb. Save your speed for better and more intricate arrangements

They pair naturally

You should take up vandalism that's a sort of contribution

not joking or trlling btw you should take some benzos and just go outside at night and do it for the fuck of it BRO.

YES

hello what do you mean by yes

Create more vandalism. I'm anti-benzo, but you aint me and I just wanna see more neighborhoods and lines ruined with 2 color fills.

whats a 2 color fill also are you the same person as execrator of florid prose

marry me

as poet, as that guy, etc.

Throwies. Fills. Bubble letters. simple shit you can kill a whole borough with.

you sound tragic

Most gambling addicts, like 4/5 who really fuck up? They really tend to off themselves rather than face up.

Yo should I buy some new shoes or a used iphone 6s lol

shoes. FUCK apple and FUCK iphones.

Why? What if I got the samsung equivalent of the iphone 6s, I got a really shitty sony android phone. The shoes aren't really a necessity cus I already bought some but they're kinda too long and ill fitting for me and I didn't realize until it was too late to return them

I play dungeons and dragons.

No.

I hate smartphones in general. That girl I was dating who posted all that shit about me being Ike Turner? Well..... She used my samsung to empty my accounts and cards. Really.

And I hate seeing a traincar full of bejeweled zombies

I hate the lifestyle it engenders, come to think.

I use a military grade waterproof clamshell with a cradle charger or a succession of cheap burners. There's shit happening around me I want to see.

i make beets too guys !!!

am i Veeky Forums .

soundcloud.com/stanguts

music and lifting weights. also play a few video games but that's like the most boring hobby of all time desu

not bad shite, mayne. Nice interspersed vocal hits.

he said gambling

my best hobby is powerpoint presentations

Fashion isn't a hobby retard. Mines are:
>learn French and programming during the week
>learn tailoring since I got sewing machine from my grandma
>go to cinema with my girlfriend (male) to watch old movies (comfy)
>play guitar (bad now, but improving)
Thinking about starting with bonsai trees. Any one has any experience and good guides for beginners?

how is fashion not a hobby

Everything that's consuming instead of producing is not a real hobby. How is fashion a hobby? Designing or tailoring or knitting - yes, definitely. Soending whole day shitposting, looking at other people fits and buying new stuff isn't.

I make music, 50% serious stuff 50% just for fun. Fashion helped me find myself, and by extent express it through music,

youre producing a look for yourself, you make yourself look a certain way via fashion

is collecting shit not a hobby as well? i feel like most people would considered it to be one?

forgot to include, best track of mine to date
soundcloud.com/jackedison/crank-that

>my hobbies? Uhm, I like music, traveling, hanging out with friends and fashion!

you got some backwards and unique and onley specific definition of hobby dude lmao. Going to the cinema is consuming shit and not producing anything as well but you listed it as one of your hobbies

so you think fashion is more of an interest than hobby ?
only specific to you*

Is there really a difference between interest and hobby. Fuck it its all just words anyway

does one enjoy brushing their teeth in the same way as they enjoy weightlifting?

i bet not

use your legs

table games can be effay, so can gambling on certain sporting events but that's about it

pseud