Goth will make a comeback soon

Goth will make a comeback soon

Screencap this

french gothic is in you drip

Goth won't come back. Goth looks like this, and millenials are afraid of fluffy hair.

mallgoth (like in your pic) has already made a comeback among thots and soundcloud rappers
not a thing

what the fuck do you mean not a thing?

as I said: not a thing. You're just showing me a couple of fits from one irrelevant asshole's runway show.

there's one CRUCIAL inspiration behind the goth look that everyone forgot about: expressionist cinema. Without that inspiration, goth is dead forever.

nope,

paris, new york, london had a few designers showing french-chic inspired goth collections

lad, none of that shit is goth, and none of that shit is specifically french

also, "a few designer"=/=a thing

one irrelevant assholes runway

>balmain

>alexander mcqueen

>ralph & russo

ok honey, tell me more about fashion

literally taking aesthetics from classical gothic.

not 90s goth lmao

fashion=/=runway shows

fashion is the way people dress, as opposed to the way mannequins are forced to dress by people who don't actually give a shit if this shit catches on because there's like fifteen middle men between them and the average consumer.

mannequins are forced to dress

thousands of people go to fashion events to celebrate originality, creativity and beauty

but hey, that pic you posted is real cute :)

What the fuck is "classical gothic" even supposed to mean (disregarding the fact that it's an oxymoron) lad?
And what does it have to do with runway models dressed in random frills?

Also I've been posting pics of 80s goth, you clueless fashion-illiterate slob.

No, they go there to network in order to advance their careers. they're business-minded people who go there for business, they don't celebrate shit.

you like goth, but you don't know classical gothic design?

o k

does that warrant a response?

u r so edgy man

omg 2edgy3me

sad faggggg yo

if you think that you've got something to teach me, go ahead. But at least be aware that the whole point of the term "gothic" is that it's an umbrella term for everything that is historically not "classical".

I'm not trying to be iconoclastic, dumbass, I'm telling you something that's public knowledge.

Everybody knows that fashion shows aren't about beauty and creativity and shit, they're a sales pitch for investors.

except you, apparently.

Everybody must conform to my narrow viewpoint*

go on ye millennial

no but for my own edification,

what branches / sub-genres of goth are there

Once again, it's not a narrow viewpoint, it's common sense.

You're the minority here.

wow, you are truly a visionary

So what are you critiquing?

The lavishness? exclusivity? disingenuous platform? bad design? the culture?

is ready to wear not the literal result of a capitalist society

-a pre-medieval germanic barbarian people
-what the renaissance people called the architectural style of the late middle-ages (as opposed to classical architecture)
-the literary subcurrent of XIXth century dark romanticism
fast forward to the early 80s
- new romantics with macabre tastes

and from then on you've got rivetheads, mallgoths, cybergoths, gothninjas, tumblrgoths etc...

So where does your "french goth" fit into all that?

I'm not critiquing anything except your delusion that runway fashion counts as real fashion.

It's not even supposed to, you're the only one here who thinks it does.

when i said classical goth i meant somewhere between the architectural movement and dark romanticism (but clearly the renaissance movement)

ok, so i actually fuck with cyber/ninja goths. but they are taking this tech/jap inspired clothing and just appropriating it to a ''gothic'' style.

how is ''french gothic'' any different
you take chic and add goth?

runway influences consumer fashion/markets globally, regardless of your opinion.

what is haute couture? is that not wearable?
i never said everything on the runway is the definition of fashion.

just myriads of take-aways and concepts presented in different aesthetics

gothic, as I explained, is NOT a renaissance movement.

Anyway I fail to see what's "goth" about the pics you've showed me, you're gonna have to be very specific.

And no, haute couture is not supposed to be wearable, it's just supposed to MAYBE influence the market (or at least trick investors into believing that it will)
You said that it was "a thing". But for it to be "a thing" it would have to have ALREADY impacted the average consumer market, AND to have an obvious visual vocabulary, that you have yet to define.

sure,
studs in combination with ruffles
the panels on the skirt
this one is a stretch i kinda posted it without checking properly
patterning, fabric, colour, textures, form

bruh people wear haute couture on the day.

>ALREADY impacted, obvious visual vocabulary

well kind of but not really.

while most shows only happened weeks/months ago, they do not instantaneously fall off the runway to consumer markets. culture doesn't work like that anyway...

maybe TREND would of not russled so many of ur jimmies lad

yeah maybe

Really I'm not seeing much that hasn't already been done by non-goth trends, we'll see in a couple of months if spooky people end up actually wearing something like that.

nah it's more like pretty rich girls will start dressing like pretty rich pink goths

ty learned stuff about goth culture tho

It's already cool on Insta

Anyone here stop dressing goth for a decade and try again as oldfag?

Maybe more of emo goth mix rather than how purely goth looked back in the day, keeping in mind current availability and immediate stock of clothes people will pick from

You are 7 years too late, there already was street goth.