Barbarians Rising

Episode 2 Electric Bugaloo.
Who else is going to subject themselves to this.

Other urls found in this thread:

ox.ac.uk/news/2014-01-23-ancient-carthaginians-really-did-sacrifice-their-children
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I had it on in the background, saw a black Hannibal, and immediately changed channels.

Black Hannibal AND black Carthaginian officers.

CARTHAGE IS IN AFRICA THEREFORE IT IS BLACK. DUH.

honestly this pretty racist

History Channel should be keeping things as accurate as possible, trying to shove action shit or diversity bucks does nothing but sully the end-product into some "slightly" ahistorical documentary, which is simply unacceptable for a channel that supposedly prides itself on historical accuracy.

I just saw a man throw a goddamn straight sword at a cavalryman.

It's a terrible start to a series based around barbarians.

Oh, and why are they saying Hannibal is a barbarian? Carthage was a mercantile empire considered Rome's equal for a hundred years.

Why is History Channel treating Carthage like a barbarian kingdom? They're implying Carthage were barbarians? Are they pandering to the idiotic masses? Why? Isn't the point of a documentary not to pander but to teach?

they've been telling Nazi/WW2 stuff and a whole bunch of other crap for so long they forgot how to teach a decent lesson

>It was the barbarians who opposed slavery. They were the earliest freedom fighters.

How true is this?

those barbarians were mostly white
so pretty true

Didn't Carthage practice slavery?

>freedom fighters

Freedom to burn Italic and Greek cities and slaughter thousands, sure. Fuckers needed to be taught a lesson in civility.

how different was being a slave from an average person?

>Lusitanians are depicted as white and Celtic

Didn't see that coming DESU.

It was kinda like being a normal peasant, only you had a master that took most of your earnings was expected to feed you.

The plebs begging for scraps at the house of a patrician were hardly better than slaves.

Depends on the slavery.

In some applications, slaves would almost always die before raising children of their own, so you had to keep bringing new slaves into the industry.

Roman asbestos mines were a good example. Nobody retired from those.

In other applications, it wasn't that different from being any other kind of poorfag.

Barbarian = not Roman.

>pranks that went to far

>Black people clamoring to claim heritage with literal Baby Killers

>believing Roman shitposts

>Baby killers

You mean like every civilization that ever marched into an unarmed enemy village?

Men got the sword.
Women got the D.
Baby got the knife.

That's the way of strife.

>Implying it was a shitpost

It wasn't used as any kind of propaganda, like, "CARTHAGE MUST BE DESTROYED BECAUSE IT KILLS BABIES", it was just a matter of fact statement.

ox.ac.uk/news/2014-01-23-ancient-carthaginians-really-did-sacrifice-their-children

Im pretty sure there was roman propaganda that said the punics sacrificed infants religiously.

>that shoddy prop helmet

Looks like a knight Halloween costume I wore as a child.

Barbarian=not greek

NEXT WEEK ON "CARTHAGE: SECRET NAZI ANCESTORS"

>Ancient Israelites say that the Canaanites sacrifice children
>Romans say that Canaanite derivatives sacrifice children

>It's gotta just be propaganda, you guys, nobody sacrifices children

The Romans considered themselves honorary Greeks and coopted the term.

But basically ever group of people has its word for Filthy foreigner, like Gaijin or Goy

this shit is so retarded. i thought it was a documentary but it's some horrible low budget LARPing drama

and "rome vs. carthage" is now "white people vs. black people" because that's the only thing americans understand

At least we're going to see Carthage burn and Hannibal commit suicide right?

I won't subject myself to that shitty viking soap opera so why would I watch this drivel?

I thought that too. Looks like legitimate shit you get at a costume place.

The Byzantines were the "honorary Greeks." The Romans are more of just an expansion of Greek culture until they went full retard and took more land than possible to hold.

Phoenician cult to Moloch, or roman propaganda as says

>The Byzantines were the "honorary Greeks
They were literal Greeks

Byzantines are literal greeks who had been romanized, Romans were etruscanized latins with a raging hardon for greece

carthage practiced slavery abd human sacrifice

what's up with the aesthetics for the roman borders and troop movements

>Ay yo we releazd our wite slaves n shiet

no
lel