Designed this full look from scratch. Needs to be ironed and shot better. What do you think?

Designed this full look from scratch. Needs to be ironed and shot better. What do you think?

I think I'm going to line the poncho with shearling too btw

Don't really like the poncho and can't see the other garments that well but cool that you are doing your thing and waving your dick around m8
Do you have some blog/instagram or something? And do you have any education on the subject or did you just learn things yourself?

Reminds me of Georgio Peviani, very nice.

Not bad. Shearling is a good call too. Post updates when you have them

Pointy hoods are shit-tier.

Yes! I have an instagram @lilbbw.

I'm sure when I shoot this look on a model when I'm done you'll like it a lot better. It's very simple, but the textures are amazing, which is impossible to see in this photo.

I love pointy hoods when rick does em so I made mine like that in a sense, but less pointed and more oversized.

Really awesome looking, OP. How long did it take you?

you look like a hobo garden-gnome

Eh not too bad to be honest. I say that in comparison to other things I've worked on. The patternmaking takes the longest. The sewing was relatively simple on an industrial juki.

Thats really cool dude, love it

Nice. Tell us about the materials and craftsmanships.

I used an upholstery fabric for the poncho, with a 30 poly 40 cotton 30 olefin blend. When I shoot the look better the really cool texture will show better. The tunic is made of a low count linen. The pants are a relatively plain cotton.

you literally didnt say anything by saying the fibers

personally I would hem the jacket on the sleeves and bottom

looks a bit unfinished

also would have more textural variety to the whole outfit

also since the jacket looks really clean/ minimal, having the unfinished hems just makes it look a little awkward

apart from that v cool

also not sure about the hood, looks a little like a rick owens x kkk colab

Oh I'm sorry I'll give more info. I'm a fashion design student at Iowa State, but I've done everything by myself. I made all the garments here from scratch starting with the patternmaking. The poncho was based off a costume pattern I got from johanns, and I modified every aspect of it to improve the cut, the shape, the hood, etc. The tunic was vaguely based off a graduation gown I deconstructed and made a pattern for.

lmao wut he was asked about the materials and craftsmanships. he answered at least half the question.

Funny you say that lol the hood wouldn't be pointed if i didn't get that influence from some Rick hoods.

Like I said, it isn't finished. Might leave the pants hem raw though. Still thinking about it.

yeah defo leave the pants raw, looks sick

yeah was thinking the same thing haha, i think its cos the whole outfit looks a bit like robes that I made the association, but now i think about looks nothing like kkk

racist druid core

no, what fabrics did you use

naming fibers tells us nothing of the materials, and at the most is an incomplete answer

idk about the silhouette but it looks like some cool concepts.

Very adventury.

If I knew the names I'd gladly tell you. That's why I gave a description, because I don't have the name. It's upholstery fabric, not clothing fabric.

fabrics still have names my guy
upholstery just gives you a sense of utilization
havent taken fabric id yet?

Calm down turbo autismo not everyone is a scholared clothingmaker on here. Maybe OP doesn't take courses.

If i was black and saw you at night i would fucking run away as fast as i could

I have taken extensive textile courses actually! I don't know what was being asked to be honest. The interlacing pattern? The count? The yarn type? We didn't memorize the name of every kind of fabric, we learned how to distinguish them, and tell what fibers were used.

thats really nice OP. its not my style but i like your spirit and work ethic. keep going you're going somewhere

klan kore

Looks cool. Kinda creepy and misterious, like secret society illuminati core

essential monkcore

This. You should make one with a liripipe style hood and not a kkk pointed hood.

also please be so kind topost all your process to >>>/12831744

So how long did it take you? Why answer with a non-answer

Hmm I think I'd say 10 hours total for everything. Making everything again now with the patterns etc would probably take an hour and a half though so it's definitely the initial designing that takes the most time.

I half assed all these questions because I didn't know you guys would be so interested. Hyped you all are that interested to be honest.

I like it, I want a pointy hood too

kek