Let's play a bit

How will our civilization be remembered in 2000 years?
Is there anyone even in the last 200 years who will be remembered in that time?

Napoleon, surely. Probably George Washington, Einstein, Hitler, Elizabeth II (for list in records of ruling female monarchs), Peter Higgs, Edwin Hubble, a few other theoretical physicists if their theories pan out, like Michio Kaku.

Assuming we don't have a MEE or anything that compromises our means of archiving our history, chance is what happens in this era on will have a library for it so there's no way our history can get lost or confused and combined with other past or future eras...

Said the Atlantans.

As far as people go, History has shown that the ones most likely to be remembered are Royalty/World Leaders philosophers, scientists, and mathematicians.

tl;dr, Hitler will be remembered in the annals of time.

>Said the Atlantans

o no. wut happen to atlanta. were it kill?

>MEE
I'm retarded. What is this?
Google shows nothing

Oppenheimer for sure

I'm guessing major extinction event

I think he meant an ELE.

Yo!!! NeckBeard. Why don't you start off by answering the fucking question yourself.
And as always, thank you for shitposting on Veeky Forums

Mass Extinction Event.

Of course now thinking about it, it might not even be needed. Our means of recording is extremely fragile and it's not like we're carving our history into stone anymore.

Maybe a lost history for our era is inevitable and it's up for future generations to write it.

I can't wait for our time to be an absolute mess and have people in the 18th century listening to music on their iPads

It's kind of relative. Economists will remember Keynes, Mises, Friedman, while scientists will remember Einstein, Higgs, ETC.
In general, leaders of great powers should be remembered, like Hitler.

>Michio Kaku
top fucking keku

peter higgs wont, it's not that important, just another piece in the puzzle of grand unified theory

shit like hubble and observational astrophysics as well nuclear stuff is the only worthwhile stuff in the last 200

in math, complex analysis (cauchy integral formula), greens and stokes theorems, group and galois theory and other stuff i don't know about

source: physics grad student

Not a string theory fan, I take it.

I had a good friend burn out in string theory, so my opinion is heavily biased.

well, Kaku has a couple good patents in and he has some years left. 2000 years from now, fuck only knows what will turn up to be true from what we understand now.

Hitler, Einstein, Freud, Michael Jackson, Lenin, Oppenheimer, Eddison, Marx, Martin Luther King Jr, Elvis, Neil Armstrong, Mao, Napoleon, Muhammed Ali, Ayatollah Khomeini

Steve Jobs is Dead, Picasso is Dead, Walt Disney is Dead

>Any entertainer being remembered in 2000 years

nope.exe

I was under the impression that he had moved from academia to science popularization, but I could be mistaken.

>no miles davis
you are a pleb user

Fellow physicsfag. String theory is trash outside the pure mathematics it produces.

I expect Hitler to be less remembered as a Secular Satan and more like a Genghis Khan or a Napoleon.

bump

By at least one future historian as THE MOST IMPORTANT ERA, THE ERA THAT LAID THE FOUNDATION FOR EVERYTHING WE DO RIGHT NOW

I think that in 2000, civilization will just be endless shitposting

Rise of computers is all about all that we've done of note

wars are forgotten if they don't fuck up too much stuff

maybe pollution if it keeps getting worse

It really depends on how our civilisation plays out. If we eventually coalesce into a global civilisation united under a single culture, certain event will be looked at as more significant than if we have a post Western Roman Empire-esque collapse.

Obviously there's a few people that will be remembered because of how large an impact they had, both directly and indirectly; Napoleon, Marx, maybe Lincoln, Einstein, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Churchill, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, maybe Kennedy. Those are the ones that come to me.

If humanity ever achieves the status of a multiplanetary species, Elon musk.

Lelno.

The hallmarks of Spess will forever be.
>Sputnik
>Yuri Gagarin.
>Moon Landing
>Whoever plants the first dude in Mars/other planets in the system
>First extra planetary settlement.

Musk and people like him will be footnotes.

musk is a nobody
popularizing the electric car is not a great achievement
man made space flight is a step in the right direction but nothing important

by manmade i mean private

>>Whoever plants the first dude in Mars/other planets in the system

This person will be Elon Musk. Educate yourself before shitting on a person for fucks sake

Hitler, Stalin in the geopolitical department. Watson & Cricks, Rosalind Franklin because DNA. Einstein, Hawking for cripple points.

Oh and Neil Armstrong, Yuri Gargarin because SPACE

Why the fuck would Napolean be remembered? France' legacy is already on the way out, and Napoleon lost.

In 2000 years, the Europe Empires will be a blip in history class, only to set up for the Pax American section. The American Empire will be remembered more than even the Roman Empire.

;^)

>If we eventually coalesce into a global civilisation

inevitable

>united under a single culture,

impossible. cultures come and go, are born, merge, and die, in generation to generation. culture isn't as powerful or important of a social construct as Veeky Forums believes. It's meaningless. It's basically the color of your clothes or what music people like. It's a nothing.

cultures will form a central "culture" because of how easy mass communication will become, but still wont mean anything.

Eh, everyone is speaking English because of America. Everyone is connected by the internet because of America. Everyone is wearing American style clothes and listening toand making American style music, watching American movies and TV shows, have American style Democracies and American style markets.

Face it, we're exporting our culture across the globe. The American Empire is going to be looked at as the beginning of when Humanity united.