I just spent $325USD on an AMIRI shirt. Am I fucking crazy and what are your thoughts on buying designer clothes thread!

I just spent $325USD on an AMIRI shirt. Am I fucking crazy and what are your thoughts on buying designer clothes thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

mikeamiri.com/collections/aw17-womens-drop-3/products/lovers-tee-blck-w?variant=46576637580
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think it's just crazy how much money they must be pulling by marking up their clothing hundreds of %, even thousands in some cases. I'll be trying to do the same with our small label 5 years or so in the future. You really can feel the difference, but only up to a certain point.

>paying exorbitant amounts of money for basics
Not crazy but definitely stupid.
Shoes, boots, accessories and various outerwear is where most of your money should go. Its your money though if the tshirt was worth it you probably wouldn't be asking if youre crazy though.

>paying money for nigger rags to look like some degenerate rapper's jewish/homo wardrobe department
The state of white men in anno 2017

First time Ive ever spent that much on a shirt. And now I'm feeling a bit confused and guilty lmao. In all honesty, when I discovered Amiri, I fell in love with what the brand represented and the feeling of wearing it. And to me money is just money. So I was like fuck it, lets do it.

I should rephrase, money doesnt hold too much value to me. Thats not to say Im rich... I just dont really care where my money goes as long as I love what Im getting. Ya feel?

If Im wearing this for years, and on an often basis however, isnt it worth?

bump

That Amiri faggot isn't a "designer". That guy is by far the most pathetic piece of garbage I've ever witnessed in the "fashion industry". The level of narcissism & shamelessness it takes to put your own name on a bunch of items that not only are you perfectly well aware of ripping off from real designers/brands (ex. SLP, Haider Ackermann), -- but to then price them at the same or even higher prices, is just unfathomable. Not to mention the fact he began by paying his way for stylists to throw this on their celebrity clients and to get this into stores like Barneys. I've never seen a clothing brand or individual epitomize the words contrived, unoriginal & pathetic, as much as this loser.

The boots and sneakers this dude is making are shameless, Zara-esque rip offs of SLP. The entire brand is Zara-esque rip offs. Just because the fabrics aren't 3rd world Zara manufacturer tier, doesn't change the unoriginality. Doesn't take any skill or effort to just pick a bunch of expensive fabrics. Hell, even the shotgun shirts he sells, I know for a fact that he started out by outsourcing them to a brand who had already been making them & selling them for $50-70 each.

>when I discovered Amiri, I fell in love with what the brand represented
What the fuck is wrong with you? It's literally just Zara-esque shameless rip offs stolen from real designers that the Amiri loser envies pathologically. It's legitimately so bad that it looks like one big prank. That's how awful it is. And you fell for it. You've been pranked. You'll get it sooner or later, but as of right now, you don't have the slightest clue.

That's called buyer's remorse.

Send it back and don't do it again. Don't give that Jew your money, spend it on something worthwhile you'll actually enjoy for years, not some fucking shit tier ripoff shirt sold for 10x the price of materials, labour and design, from a hated shit tier brand

post a picture of the shirt

>top hat
>flannel around waist in 2016-2017

>ripping off SLP non-stop, from the clothing right down to the boots & sneakers
>despite SLP hardly being original to begin with
>speaks volumes

>putting red & blue paisley print beneath rips of jeans
>wow so edgy so original bloods & crips wow

>maybe i'll just select the most expensive fabrics possible to cover up my lack of ability to produce something original
>yea hi fabric supplier it's amiri calling back, i'll take whatever the most expensive leather and cotton you guys can find
>score! now i can fuel my ego by seeing something with my name on it sell for super high prices

>now all i got to do is befriend some celebrity stylists & offer them money to put this on their clients
>yay rappers yay celebrities they're just so superior wow and now they're wearing my clothes which means the sheep who get fashion tips from celebs (lol) will buy my stuff yay!

HOLY SHIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
LOOK AT THOSE UGLY ASS STRIPES ON THE JEANS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THIS BRAND IS PULLING A BIG PRANK
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THERE'S NO WAY THIS FAGGOT IS SERIOUS
THOSE STRIPES ARE SOMETHING A 7 YEAR OLD WOULD'VE CAME UP WITH
AND THOSE BOOTS & JACKETS LMAO LITERALLY JUST REPLICATING SLP'S ALREADY UNORIGINAL CLOTHING LMAO

HOLY SHIT HOW SHAMELESS CAN ONE PERSON POSSIBLY BE?

He'll block you permanently on IG & delete your comment within seconds if you call him out on this embarrassing garbage.

>890 usd

>it's luxury fashion bro the materials are so lavish u just don't get it man the details & craftsmanship that go into my clothing can't be measured in dollars. #devilisinthedetails #detailsmatter

Same shit and "audience" as SLP.

>SOLD OUT
>SOLD OUT
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHA
I'm not even mad this guy is a genius

what's worse? This guy making this overpriced garbage, or shitheads like OP that actually buy it?

OP here. Well guys, I get all yous hate his brand and all his products, but for some reason people are still buying and so far in the last two years of being on the market he has been successful.

That's something you cant deny. So obviously his merch has appealed to a demographic. And he's been smart about how he's done it. Idk whether I will return the top or not. I still like it but at the same time I got that "buyers remorse". So Idk, might just leave it for a week and see if I change my mind hey.

Anyways, any other brands you can recommend that are good quality but still affordable?

It's the top underneath. Was trying different looks with it. Thoughts? and cmon anons, be constructive.

not gonna lie user, its a black shirt with white writing, you could get the same effect for $10. Maybe it fits and feels amazing but honestly I'm just disappointed, for $350 you could at least get something flashy and stupid for us to laugh at.

Lol yeah true...

>And to me money is just my parents' money

basic as fuck
what the fuck is wrong with you

I work for myself lel but yep parents money

Okay? thought fashion is about your own individual likes, passions and tastes. I like to wear dark shades cause I feel more sharp and I love dark shades. Its just my own style. I'd probably think your fits look like dog piss too. But I'd still appreciate thats your own tastes. If that makes you feel good then thats what its all about. Dnt know why you gotta hate g ..??

Matt Hoss?

You have money but looks like you have no taste. There's no point in overpaying for simple bascis, if you have money for clothes then at least buy nice stuff with it.

>for years, and on an often basis
A shirt will hold up maximally 2-3 years with heavy wear. Made in Italy meme won't make cotton a more durable fabric. Buy silk shirts if you want something nice for a long time.

Can someone list another "luxury" brands that shamelesly rip-off other designers? Off-White and Midnight Studios are same hacks as well, but ripping off Raf and Undercover.

>if you have money for clothes then at least buy nice stuff with it
yeah this man speaks the truth, you are supposed to scan everything by him and to get that 'nice' approval before buying anything you fucking cunt
god how can you be such an inconsiderate idiot you would bu something before checking if this user right here considers it nice

>fashion is about your own individual likes, passions and tastes

not if you dont have any

>Its just my own style

why do you look like every other clueless retard then?

i think virgil should be taken off this list, hes been doing some decent womenswear for a while now, no longer a complete hack in my opinion

chill hahaha
I like it, so doesnt matter. Bruv you cant insult me

buyers remorse, the post

>AMIRI
>designer

Topkek

If you cannot tell talentless hacks from actual designers you should not spend so much on clothes and stick to Zara / H&M. Same result, more extra money for doing something else with your life.

Really hope those are not actually your fitpics, OP.

fucking hell i'm impressed
dude is making a living by selling SLP boots and Balenciaga jeans ripoffs at lower prices

he even made op buy a piece of cotton with his name on it for 300$

atleast it was not mastermind world

Dude, ever heard of reselling ?

If I didn't see your face, i would of thought you were some husky white girl. Also, the shirt looks generic.

>amiri
>designer

you realize this guy just makes fakes of already derivative designs from top fashion houses right?

or is this bait

who's "mastermind world"? what's that mean?

somehow i agreed

>Amiri
I like the jeans on farfetch though, but no way I have the money to spend a 1,000 on a pair of jeans.

>1000 dollar jeans

[Citation needed]

$325 on a t-shirt

You, sir, are a fucking moron

for that money I would have got a Philipp Plein shirt, under the idea of "if it costed something, it can show"

Doesn't have anything to do with taste imo, for that stick to Brunello Cucinelli and Loro Piana

thicc b o i

mikeamiri.com/collections/aw17-womens-drop-3/products/lovers-tee-blck-w?variant=46576637580

OP spent 300+ dollaroos on a woman's shirt

top jej

Lmao it is fitted for male or femanon. But yeah okays got a women's shirt. Still doesn't change that I liked it and so did other men as it's sold out on the website

How much could I get user?

>your own individual likes
if you really thought that you wouldn't have posted this thread

Return it and stop being a fucking idiot, have you even considered what you can buy with $350? I guaran-fucking-tee you that you'll find something you'll appreciate more than a black tee with words on it

Only other things I'd spend that on is food, dates and family gathers lmao. Tbh other than that, nothing else that ive found really satisfied me...

Maybe a nice tailored suit or a pair of beautifully crafter oxfords or brogues would be nice. But since I work from home, I wont often use it. So idk hey.

Anyways, the tee is sold out online and in retail stores. Can I make a profit on this or nah?

it is a graphic t shirt. there is no way to wear it differently. Wearing 350$ black t shirt is not going to improve this generic af fit.

this is what buyers remorse sounds like

If you're not rich and don't care about money that means you have 100% disposable income and live with someone who pays the bills for you.

You could've done better than Amiri for the price point. Looking through their clothes none of it looks that special compared to the competition (which is still overpriced).

Should have bought LINK

no, I don't @feel@. I'm not black

nah, it's on Mr Porter so it's unisex

>g
>bruv
>insecure laughing
TRUST FUND LONDON PAJEET/DUNECOON DETECTED. You probably live in London (or aspire to live there), you probably did a Law or business degree despite being fairly shit at it, and you're probably an incredibly soft cunt who wonders why women weren't interested in him, and thought "maybe if I flash the (parents') cash, they'll notice me" or "if I buy expensive clothes, my mindset will follow suit and I'll become cool/alpha". I know a few people like you, you're losers. Drop the pretension, you're never going to be cool. Live humbly, wear something original and uncontrived, pick up a genuine sport like rock climbing instead of wearing your rolexes to the gym with the #fresh squad or whatever you do. Pick up a self discipline art, do something you're completely alien to like go out into nature, spending a weekend camping by yourself, doing some drawing, reading something that won't make you look cool or intelligent if some imaginary girl asks.

Stop being a pretentious wannabe baller pajeet, your kind is universally mocked and pretty much you can only pull desperate or gold digging girls. Become a real person like your great grandparents, not some cookie cutter "menswear" #fresh #baller drone.

They have those in London, too? Here in the states Mexicans buy $200 Polo jeans and shit to look like regular working stiffs with money they really don't have to be blowing around with the $8/hr they make.

I already play a sport and represent my country and have competed for the past 11 years. Yes, I still live at home. I still pay rent. I still work. Actually dropped my degree (was not law...???) and I still train once or twice a day for my craft and sport. I dont live in London. I dont know where you got that from? Already have a gf, sooooo... Dont have a need attention from girls, when I love my partner already.

Umm am I cool? Idk not really I guess If youre talking about popularity and social numbers and followers im not cool at all, have about 100 followers on ig lmfao. Only have 3-4 close best friends but they live far away from me.

But nonetheless, I put in my work and im proud of who I am. Im proud of what I do and Im fortunate I get to run a business and have support from my family.

So I appreciate your advice on becoming someone authentic and your own self. Getting out of your comfort zone and do things you dont often do. Fully 1000% agree.

But pls. With all those other comments - you cant make a single judgement on me or any of my aspirations based on a few comments ive made and two outfits ive uploaded (and to remind you only looking for advice). You can never base your judgement on somesones superficiality, but only on their substance.

Anyway, I'll leave on this. Haters GONNA HATTEEEEE. Im still gonna do what I love and enjoy it. To me youll always just be some asshole typing in the comments. While you sit their late at night in your underwear, passing judgement on others. I'll still be doing what I love and I'll still be working hard for myself and for my family. And youll still just be that dope, that fucking little dope putting other people down calling them losers. Truth is hate is really fucking easy my man. Do something more than just putting another person down.

is this pasta?

It's always hilarious when people get explained why they are doing poorly but still laugh it off with some "I do what I want haters gonna hate" bullshit

If you don't care then don't ask for advice in the first place

It is now

Pajeet, I don't think Veeky Forums is the place for you. I really don't, you're just going to make yourself sad and pollute the culture. Try Reddit, you'll enjoy it more :)

Well going through life without accepting any advice or being open to advice is completely fucking idiotic. Seems like all of yous are one extreme to the other.

I come here to ask your thoughts on a shirt and people come out and say Im a loser and they know exactly who I am, type of person I am, or that I need to run it pass all you fags about if it looks good or not and then get told not to ask for advice whatsoever cause I dont care? Bro I only care if it was a dumb decision to buy a top that fucking expensive. I dont care about your negative thoughts and your feelings about my life which you have absolutely no idea about.

Relax.

I get its a fucking expensive top. Big deal at the end of the day I liked it and it was worth it, to me! Even if it is a generic shirt with plain white text on it. I enjoyed buying it, I enjoyed the experience of buying it, and I enjoy wearing a plain black and white top, with a generic heart logo at the back. Whether it was a mistake or not I'll learn from that for my next piece of clothing.

And lmao. Im not doing poorly at all. Im supporting my mother and father and theyre supporting me. Where is it that I say Im struggling? I enjoy my life, how I live my life, I enjoy that money has no real intrinsic value to me as all it is, is numbers on a screen. What matters to me is my family, my partner, my sport and my passions to do whatever the fuck I like in this life. And if that it spending 300+$ on a fucking top, Ill enjoy it. If I dont enjoy it, I'll learn from it.

How will I make myself sad? Lol I enjoy reading random shit in my spare time on Veeky Forums. And how will it "pollute the culture" when first of all posts are deleted after a period of time, two you can choose to read and write whatever you want so you dont even need to reply on this thread and three Veeky Forums is a place for all people to express themselves if they feel. So.. In a way youre just killing the culture too by telling other anons to leave. Whereas, Veeky Forums, im sure want more people to come to their site. Not detract people from this culture.

spent $325USD on nigger clothes
i am so sorry, op

This is a fucking trainwreck

lol the ugliest one is the most expensive

nothing is wrong with spending a lot of money on something you like. but i think what you like is stupid

not owning ubermench vintage swaro Mastermind or knowing the ethos behind the brand while appreciating that plebs stay away

damn that's lame af, looks like some my chemical romance shirt or something.

lol that awesome "slightly lift one foot" pose. are you a model?

>Still doesn't change that I liked it and so did other men as it's sold out on the website

do you guys get together for brunch on sundays?

ey if you're happy with it then why not, but goddamn does it look like it was made in 2006.

That's how fashion works

Leave this board. Don't come back.

You need to get a grip on your life. $300 on a t shirt? I hope you've already bought guns, spent time reading literature, studied the trajectory white nations are taking and invested wisely in your family's future. Otherwise kys

They know not their future, nor the fate that awaits them.

You too man. Do something industrious today. Go work out, write something, go to bed early, read a book, anything but rotting online

We'll go together

Your responses are actually pretty good, which is surprising given they're coming from a brainlet in a $325 tee

You're talking too much and taking Veeky Forums's traditional ad hominem way too seriously

People on this thread explained to you why Amiri is objectively shit. No one cares that you buy overpriced shit, all Veeky Forumsggots who are not poorfags do. But getting lower quality blatant ripoffs for a higher price and claiming that you feel in phase with the brand is hilarious and realizing that should make you react if you cared even the slightest bit about what you wear

So yeah I will simply repeat myself :

> It's always hilarious when people get explained why they are doing poorly but still laugh it off with some "I do what I want haters gonna hate" bullshit

> If you don't care then don't ask for advice in the first place

Kek'd

It's just a cotton shirt. I think there is a world of difference paying a lot of money for say some high quality leather jacket or some intricate piece but that... it's a cotton shirt probably made in an Indian sweat shop(?)

Seems like a waste of money.

Only celebs pay such a high amount for a basic because they have millions and part of their job is showing off brands.

That shirt costs a dollar or less in material. You are just making someone super rich.

A moderately athletic guy in a non-branded plain black cotton shirt would look 10 x better.

Hmm okay yeah fair enough. I do realize for the value and price point I could've definitely do better.

>this whole thread
how do people with this low of an IQ get enough money to waste it on these things?

Yeah true. Normally already wear plain black cotton tees from Zara too. Love it.

Was looking for a nice denim or leather jacket too. My area is quite tropical weather so was thinking probably better going with denim. Any suggestions on a quality brand for good value?

Simply, work ethic. IQ doesn't amount to shit in business world

You idiot, next time just buy from fucking h&m
Cheap as shit, have some nice, edgy clothes
Also maybe develop an actual style rather than using a price tag to mask your lack of creativity

Kek