Hedi Silmane

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

frankandoak.com/product/48-111602-003/buffalo-check-flannel-zip-up-shirt-in-blue
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Greaser didn't look good when it was new and it sure as fuck doesn't look good today.

>t. idiot

You will get 2 types of responses in this thread: People sucking Hedi off and people giving their actual opinion of Hedi. The latter will be viscously attacked by the former through mouthfulls of Hedi's jizz.

he's great idk where he went tho left SLP and he disappeared correct?

He left fashion to return to his photography roots

He is a god, praise be unto him

t. mall ninja

Didn't everyone agreed that he needed to go? Like make his own line/brand or something?

What he did with SLP was great and all but became stale.

It only got stale because skinnyfat manlets and asians beat the look into the ground.

If the popular image of his work was skinny white dudes wearing runway looks instead of thunder thighed instawhores wearing chelseas and a flannel nobody would be hating on him.

you are entirely correct

the "slp look" (which now sounds corny as fuck) should have never branched past attractive skinny guys wearing loud, skinny clothes.

ugly ass 5'8" asian dudes who think they're fuckin harry styles bc they own a pair of wyatts should not participate.

beta nu-males who think bc they "look" (I should say "dress") like a rockstar means that they also get all the attributes of a rockstar (confident, attractive, independent, straight up just cool.) should not participate.

>FAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE.

race doesn't matter as long as you're hot skinny and tall

>hot, skinny, and tall.

you have to meet all three for it to look good. it's very particular, unlike skater style or A.P.C esque "menswear" where pretty much anyone can wear it.

this.

Yeah, I too agree 100% with both of these posts. Well said, both of you.

hedi era SLP was GOAT. height doesn't really matter unless you're super short. weight does matter though.

steve buscemi in fargo pulls off harness boots with jeans and some hobo SLPish aesthetic. obviously less rockstar, more sleaze core but it's still similar pieces, and buscemi is only 5'9". He pulls it off because he's thin and charismatic, which are ultimately the key to pulling off SLP in any flavor.

There's no way to stop that once it reaches the mainstream. Hedi was a bit of a one trick pony, with the resources available to him it should have been an easy move to change up his style of clothing. It's his fault that the look got stale, never blame the customer.

pretty much everyone I talk to about fashion think his aesthetic is boring, but honestly I like it. probably because I really like when labels are strongly influenced by music (junya, undercover, lad), but also because he has a very straightforward and impactful style.

music is my lyfe livelovelaugh lol

I guess I sound corny but I'm being sincere

What you typed wasn't corny.

's flippant response is though.

Plus you're contributing to the thread and board so keep posting.

alright ty my friend

ES ELL PEE

Anyone have an alternative to this?

iunno like a red zip-up buffalo shirt/jacket? you're ultimately the one that has to decide what you like about it so I can't really give you a recommendation. frank and oak has something similar but it's sold out (at least on the canadian site):

frankandoak.com/product/48-111602-003/buffalo-check-flannel-zip-up-shirt-in-blue

I used to think his shit was boring, but at least it's more "timeless" than trendy streetwear (even though some hypebeast jumped on the bandwagon). His stuff actually inspired me to get skinny so I can go full SLP and stop looking like a skinnyfat fuckboy.

How did you lose weight? Skinnyfat fag myself, going to start swimming and eating only steamed vegetables with chicken/fish.

r u dumb or trolling

He was planning to keep working at slp, he signed a contract a few months before leaving to make slp haute couture.
But basically they had a beef, what goes around is that Hedi had 100% criative freedom but then the group that owns slp started to interfering with his work, so he sue them and won( is rumoured that he recived 13 millions).

Now with that money he's leaving the life.

this is kind of true but it also got stale because every season looked the same

Just shows that you don't know much about dior era. He does way more than skinny jeans user.

This is where reading comprehension comes in instead of trying to be a know it all. I was responding to the two anons that were blaming the downfall of the look on people that were adopting the style who couldn't pull it off like due to their body type. His work is well documented, and I didn't say his clothes were just skinny jeans, but you can't tell me he was making strides to break out of his hallmark style during his run as a designer, at YSL.

LMFAO

total hack, he just ripped off old clothing from the late 20th century and not even well. senseless waste of time and money.