Why the hell did people in the 90's dress like this?

Why the hell did people in the 90's dress like this?

pretty much the same now desu

>soul eater
>iphone

yeah the '90s were a weird time

The US after the 70's were clueless in terms of style, so people just wore whatever

I don't know exactly why, but logos were more noticeably on regular clothes in the 1990s and 2000s, than they are, now. It seems that the Mad Men effect, plus other sources, has steered young peoples' tastes to a more simple, even traditional and rustic direction, while maintaining a fashion-forward edge. Logos are of course still widely worn, just not as overbearing as had been the case, up until recently.

You should at least post an actual picture from the 90s. This picture is close to the look but not quite right.

Cute though. Comfy af, also not pretentious and uptight

Maybe it's not so much logos, as much as multicolored and patterned approaches to dressing, often with casual wear. Clothing back then also often looks a bit big, to most of our perspectives, and taken to the extremes was not uncommon.

They didn't you tardo that's how ppl dress today

eliseis unironically qt

Hey, didn't know you still posted here. How long have you been back?

those girls are so qt

there's nothing "90's" about that pic though...

were you born in 1999? kek

Why the hell do people in current year dress like this?

Can anyone identify which of the sisters is the retarded one? Is there more than one? I really can't tell desu.

concerned you're the old eliza poster

>Which of the sisters
I only see one girl though.

gosh that's edgy given the context, user

I graduated this year, and spent most of my college years looking like the example on the left. I'm kind of an eccentric dandy that's into older styles and more formal clothes, though. To pull off older clothing styles, it helps to wear clothes that look like them, but with somewhat slimmer fits than may have been popular in the 1940s or 1950s, for example. Even the '60s had some wider cut clothes than are fashionable this decade, but the proportions are still quite similar, with the main exception being lower-rise trousers.

Also which one is Ciara and which one is Eliza? I thought I had saved a picture of Ciara but then I saw it posted on here and the poster said she was Eliza.

i didnt even notice the iphone but went full weaponized autism to rack my brain for the anime on the t-shirt, glad i'm not the only one who saw this.

I don't really post much, but I'm starting to get more active, lately. For your consideration, though, I think you may have me confused with another Bateman. Thanks for bringing that up, though. Take care.

In the 1960s, lots of regular people were decently to well-dressed, same with the fit of the clothes. Also, I find the widespread use of jeans to be boring. Chinos come in non-blue colors, too, and are more interesting. I feel the same way about how so many people just put on hoodies and call it a day. There's many other jacket styles. People should consider wearing suits and sports jackets during their college years, as well, even if they are not studying for business/economics degrees. Also very important, the wearer must have a sincere, positive attitude about how the image they project to others. I like suits, but I don't like looking at people clearly disinterested in wearing them have such expressions of distaste for the whole thing. My favorite era in '90s suiting would be the early '90s, though, as it was still very close to the late '80s aesthetics.

this photo is 5 yrs old. kys

They didn't. I'm not sure what you're trying to pull here since that's clearly not a photo from the 90s.

probably
I thought eliza postes pictures pretending to be ciara. did I get that wrong?

Why don't the Veeky Forums brainlets get that a picture doesn't have to be from the 90's to resemble the 90's?

Because some of us lived through the 90s, and it didn't look like that.

Right is cherry-picked. Most people don't wear bootcut jeans or lime green hoodies.
Also people on the left look bad desu

erm cute as frick mayby?

This.

The 90s were an incredibly careless time for most people. It was the last decade before the internet changed everything. People's perception of the world was generally a lot smaller and more driven by hear say, rather than actual observation. Accordingly, people didn't have a huge influx of different cultural themes and fashion trends, but rather stuck to local trends and fashion as popularized by mainstream celebrities. Also sports were omnipresent in fashion, since actually going outside and playing sports was still a thing back then. This is why many 90s fashion pics show people in track pants and track suits, which only Slavs wear today.

90% of people stuck to mass production fashion, which basically meant everyone wore the same t-shirt, only in different colors, with different brand logos printed on them. It was generally in to show brand names and logos as loudly as possible.

you should spend a day around an engineering corner of campus

>sports were omnipresent in fashion
lmao what are you talking about, this is still the case and even more so

have you not heard of athleisure? it's practically 90% of what young people are wearing nowadays, sweatpants and nylon trainers

>what young people are wearing nowadays, sweatpants and nylon trainers
I get your point, but that is not the same.

90s was influenced by actual sports. The current trend comes from an urban-oriental wave. People tend to ethnicize their silhouettes now, which is why you see the cuts for those joggers with drop crotch and tempered ankles, along with woven sneakers that appear like a patchwork texture and with shapes resembling 'Aladin shoes'. This has nothing to do directly with actual sports.

>that picture
>resembles the 90's

underaged faggot detected

>underaged
What are you, 40?

new