Bladerunner 2049 Trench Coat

Where do I get the leather trench coat from blade runner 2049? I found a couple replicas online but none of them look as good as the original.

Other urls found in this thread:

magnoliclothiers.com/2049-coat-overcoats-p-788.html
privatewhitevc.com/jeep-heavy-cotton-twill-winter-coat-030202020002-01m.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where is that anyway? L.A. somewhere?

They'll probably come out with a limited collection if they haven't already

Great coat but it might be hard to pull off.

looks like the Arclight in Hollywood

any pics of the boots?

I'm 95% sure in the movie he wears Bates Strike Boots.

You don't.

It's custom-made, the replicas are all terrible, as these things tend to be.

Your best bet is a belstaff and that's going to run you multiple thousands of dollars.

Eh, they look a lot better beaten up.

If you're willing to compromise you could always get something like an Allsaints coat, pic related.

Yeah it might not be a trenchcoat but let's be honest, if you wore a coat like this that was that long you'd look like a freaking autist.

REEEEEEEEEEEE and sage

Pic related of an actual belstaff coat. Don't expect to be able to afford it any time soon.

which star wars character is this?

Well shit, looks like I didn't give the Magnoli one enough credit.

Darth Chad

Matchless made the coat and they will release an official replica soon

Stop the meme, it's still time

It’s not actual leather. Blade Runner is set in a future where animals are extremely rare and expensive, so the costume designers did not use any actual leather in the clothes, as that wouldn’t fit into the movie universe. Instead they used other materials which were made to look like animal skin, as that would likely be popular in such a future as wearing leather would be a sign of wealth.

Either way, the coat was made specifically for this movie, and even if you get a reproduction it probably won’t be as usable as a regular trenchcoat

That coat's a damn good compromise, actually. I like the looks of it, and someone could conceivably wear it without coming across like a raging larper.

>white males in nu-starwars

A motorcyclist could definitely get away with wearing that. I can't tell from the photo, but it looks well-made - something practical, warm and wind-resistant for a person riding a motorbike.

triggered?

I'm 6'2 170lbs

>when is it ever appropriate to have a collar and lapels that large and furry?
Now? Both shearling and pea coats (which have large lapels) are on trend for autumn/winter 2017. The coat is actually pretty unremarkable right now.
Although, yes, taking fashion cues from films is generally something to be extremely cautious about.

literally the Scorpion Jacket of our generation

Bikers wear high tech stuff with kevlar, not fedora trench coats. Stop trying to justify your autism, wearing a fedora is the equivalent of going to the street wearing full plate or chainmail

>our generation
drive was released in 2011. were you born in 2015 or something??

Someone post it.

>the replicas are all terrible

A big reason for this is all the replicas I've seen so far are dark black and shiny, while K's in the movie is more matte and almost greenish.

yeah and they use a different fur texture

It's honestly hilarious how bad the replicas are. Note the color and texture of the coat.

And compare to what they are selling as a so called replica.

Yall are just playing right?

Projecting

If you seen that coat on a guy today would you honestly think it looked good? The coat is ugly as shit.

It's like we've all forgotten the DRIVE coat.

It's waxed cotton.

Pic related is same material, but Belstaff don't do anything that long apart from the Cumberbatch's coat from Sherlock.

The difference between this coat and the Drive coat is that this coat is unassuming and fairly plain, it looks like a regular winter coat.

>wearing a replica jacket of someone in a movie that has just been released

I can smell the cringe from here. Wearing replica jackets from older movies is OK and shows individual character.

A new movie makes you look like a fucking dork on the bandwagon larping.

If you must.. get the boots or a smaller item and pair it with something else.

The similarity is that neither coat would have been sought had it not first been central to a character in a film. And that's a bit lame, at least on the scale one can imagine it's happening. Thousands of kids are copping these. Because movie.

What fragrance do you think he wears?

It's not even leather in real life. The props dept. has officially stated that it's just thick fabric painted and weathered to look like leather

If you do not...
>look like Ryan Gosling
>have a full wardrobe of similar roughspun dystopian clothing
>exclusively travel at night or through dense fog/dust and inhabit only grungy, dimly lit areas
>have a dangerous career which forces you to constantly question the significance of life, death, and the soul
>have a qt holographic effay wife accompanying you
...then this is the most fedora fucking thing you can possibly buy.
Yes, the asymmetry is cool. The materials are comfy and inviting.
Just get something that captures the spirit of the movie, don't ape it blindly. Then be prepared to wear it for 20 years to get it looking beaten enough.

I don't give a shit that it's from the movie I'm not trying to cosplay officer K... I simply like the way the coat looks you massive retard.

That's like dressing up as the Clown from IT this Halloween and trying to convince the world you just like clowns and it is nothing to do with the movie.. even though your clown costume is a 100% replica of the clown from IT.

You'll still look like a cringy faggot. There have been jackets similar style to this, why don;t you have one already? His jacket looks cool because it fits with the aesthetics of the movie.

Would that be so if he was walking around some modern day shopping mall? Nope.

So whatever you say Officer K.

So if I were to wear Officer K's shoes would that also make me a 'cringy faggot'? You're comparing a single jacket that is pretty normal looking to a fucking clown costume. Holy fuck, how retarded can someone be?

btw half of this board dresses/would dress like leon the professional. I guess they're all cringy cosplaying faggots as well.

No because those are legit tactical boots that existed before the movie. I also said a small piece was OK. The jacket is the main part of his outfit and it's obvious from the start which look you are trying to pull off.

Everyone will know right away.. oh that guy has the blade runner jacket.. lol what a larping nerd. I'm just trying to help you out here from embarrassing yourself.

Jeez.. are you autistic? Leon is from what,1994? That's almost 25 years ago. While I wouldn't copy the outfit 100% most of it is fine because it's not a modern day movie bandwagon that you would be hopping on.

Stop wanting to dress like movie characters.

Goddamn those boots are nice. Wonder if they'd hold up well in the dead of winter.

Idk, are you?

Remember that time a bunch of people bought a jacket from a Ryan Goslin movie. I do

Of course I do... I was one of them.

lmao, please, don't do it lads
don't fall into the Gosling-jacket trap

good technique to know if you could pull it off: are you Ryan Gosling? If yes, go for it. If not, do NOT buy it. Simple innit?

>tfw you are really aware of the fedora level that a coat like that would bring you but you're also really really autistically driven to it.
I cannot run from the enemy within.

Yo I wear that

Leon does have a good fit though. Too bad Leons outfit is just an everyday overcoat, and comfy trousers. Not exactly comparable to loud statement pieces like Gosling jackets. But if you watch The Professional and suddenly want to dress like Leon, you're just as autistic.

If anyone does get a K trenchcoat repro, please post pic so we can start a new collage.

Can someone please ID the goose jacket from pic?

>or the makeup, lighting, camera angels and post editing
I liked the movie and the coat but i'll have to agree, it looks kinda silly even here, I'll still probably buy the boots though
btw what do you guys think of the magnoli replica?

Left middle pulls it off

It's literally cool water with a twist, total pleb perfume

If you want to "steal his look" but not be autistic. I would consider copping an old Barbour or Belstaff.
Broken-in to perfection by a man that wasn't a fag and only owned one or two jackets in his life.

Its definitely green hes even refrenced as "the guy in the green coat" by that old replicant with the sunglasses before the pink haired hooker goes to talk to him.

Not cotton, it's laminated cotton.

cant wait for the cringe compilations of you virgins trying to wear this

>t.

this fit looked good in the context of movie and on Ryan Gosling, but if someone wore it on the street they'd look like a fucking autist

>this fit looked good in the context of movie and on Ryan Gosling

it kind of didn't though...
he just looks like a sperg. which is suitable, because the character he plays is a sperg.

You people to need to chill out with all this autism cringe talk. You just look foolish. This coat isn't a sukajan or a ankle length trench, it's a totally nondescript jacket. It's a normie coat, you could find something just like it in any high street fast fashion place right now.

also replicas are made from a shell.
the goose got his coat tailored to him by a professional costume designer.

this is also why star trek uniforms don't look right on any old pleb, they need to be tailored, they need to be fitted.

I agree that it can get to be a bit much sometimes but dude, you gotta be careful anytime you wear a long coat like that. Most people aren't going to think "FEDORA CRINGE AUTIST" since most people aren't even aware of those stereotypes, but there's a good chance they will think of the one creepy awkward kid in their high school who wore a trench coat (or something similar) trying to look cool, which amounts to the same thing. For people past their mid 30s the associations might be more "Columbine" or "flasher" but still, not good. I like long coats like that but not many people wear them these days and they have strong associations.

I'm not saying it's a bad coat, just that you have to be careful with it - of what you're wearing it with and what context you're in. Hell, I have a WWII-era British greatcoat that I love to pieces, I WISH I could wear it more often, and when it's below 20 °F outside and snowing it looks pretty fucking cool, but anywhere else it's obviously overkill and looks pretentious as fuck.

It's knee length. It's not that long a coat. As long as you're wearing it in a place and season that makes a coat of that size practical, it's not going to look strange at all. Like I said, it's not a ankle length trench. It's just an overcoat. An unremarkable overcoat. I'm not saying you should wear it on a California summer's day. That should go without saying.
An ankle length tench, or a sukajan, is never going to look normal. In any weather. This is just a autumn/winter coat. There is no comparison. If you cannot see that, then the cringey autist here is you.

I don't even want the coat, I'm just pointing out the idiocy of suggestion it's the same as fedora katana boy over here .

It would be unremarkable if it wasn't made from leather. Leather coats are def fedora-weirdo core

thoughts on the waxed cotton?

Knee length coats are relatively uncommon, especially for men. A few people wear them but it's unusual. There's no way you're not aware of this.

Of course it helps that it's not ankle-length but plenty of people wearing knee-length trench coats get posted in those cringe threads too, and deserve it. I'm not sure why you're insisting there's such a clear and stark visual difference between that coat and the coats you see in those fedora-katana-cringe pictures, but there isn't. Yes, there is a difference, it's just not one that's going to be apparent to most people on the street, who couldn't tell you what makes a trench coat different from any other kind of overcoat. They'll look at that, see a dark, knee-length coat, and think, oh, trench coat. Again, I'm not saying they're right, but that's just how it is.

Which doesn't mean you (the hypothetical you) can't wear it and make it look good. It just means you need to be self-aware, and careful.

can't wait to make a cringe comp like with those Drive jackets

>Knee length coats are relatively uncommon, especially for men.
Bullshit

Magnoli used to have this one. As you can see it's in black/brown leather rather than dark green wax (like the film jacket) and has a different material for the collar.

Unfortunately, they've updated the design, and even though they haven't uploaded all the new pictures yet it's now an ugly green, and the waxed cotton looks terrible without all the post effects used in the actual movie. The old fake fur looked better too in my opinion.

If they still sold the older design I'd probably get it, but the price is a tad steep to get it in leather and I'd have to ask them to make it more the length of a pea coat to look a bit less columbine.

Here's the new one. Like the film coat, this one also has the obnoxious writing on the back.

The trouble with the coat is it's quite thin, even in leather. Unless you've already got a bit of stock you'd have to layer underneath it and button up to wear it during Winter.

Wearing it in a warmer season may make you look like a bit ridiculous

anyone know what kinda pants those are?

Private White has pic related. Not the same color and the belt must be taken off, but it's ver, very similar.
privatewhitevc.com/jeep-heavy-cotton-twill-winter-coat-030202020002-01m.html

It's 950 pounds, way out of my budget right now. Does anyone know a cheaper alternative?

forgot pic

You guys preppin for a comic convention or some shit haha

it's a nice green

Found it.

the more important question is where you can buy a qt hologram gf like joi to love for ever and ever

Serious, un-tethered, commercially available augmented reality is about six months away.

Waifu apps won't be far behind.

There are a few headsets available right now, but they are either fantastically expensive, or underwhelming in one way or another.

Keep an eye out for the ODG R8.

w2c?

Good enough for a Halloween costume I suppose.

>trench coat

Get fucked, Helen Keller; it's not a trench coat you blind bitch. How can it be a trench coat if it stops above your waist?

It's been posted multiple times in this thread already m8

They won't, they're bates.

How would you describe the whole blade runner aesthetic?