Boots

Aite guys I live in a city that is cold and rainy. What are some good boots to buy? Looking for good looking yet function.

Other urls found in this thread:

redwingheritage.com/us/USD/product/mens-footwear/6-inch-boots/blacksmith-copper-r-t-03343
amazon.com/Chippewa-Mens-20028-Lace-Boot/dp/B00INUOOU6
amazon.com/Obenaufs-LP-Boot-Preservative-Preserves/dp/B0002X520S
grailed.com/listings/3440355-Visvim-7-Hole-73-Folk-Combat-Boots
endclothing.com/gb/visvim-7-hole-73-folk-0117102002017-bk.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Iron Rangers
Nike ACG Komyuter lows are pretty water resistant....
Get some hydrophobic clearcoat outta home depot.

Are you in your teens-early 20s? Timbs are pretty practical streetwear staples. Do you want to look a little more grown up? Get some slip-on boots that'll keep your feet warm and dry like Blundstones

bumping due to similar interest

sad that in late stage capitalism it's come down to only these two options. esp. considering that cold and rainy describes most city winters.

Why do people dislike Timbs? They look like, are practical for most situations, and can be incorporated into a variety of fits. Is it the streetwear meme?

I personally enjoy the profile of Timbs but won't buy any specifically because of how much of a meme they are. People just buy them because they have name recognition and only look at them that way now.

>it's come down to only these two options
Not really. They're just two of the easiest options to recommend because they're readily available, safe and versatile for casual wear. There's dozens of other styles around that you can wear for general city living if you really bother to look around and especially if you don't feel the need to follow the current trends

>sad that in late stage capitalism

Here we go

>complaining about late stage capitalism on a board about fashion

Im saving for these memes, doing the shia look next month

Palladium Pampa Hi (not baggy) are pretty good

id on these pls

dumb phoneposter

Are Dr Martens (I've never owned docs) any good for winter? It usually snows where I live but as soon as I go to uni it's just cold/rainy outside. If so, which model is good and ''cheap'' (I can't buy $180-200 boots)?

I forgot to mention, I usually wear low tops chunky sneakers. I'm looking for a model that's not too high.

I heard that they aren't waterprof

Newfag/10 , can't you see the nike logo? they are the sfb

>bothering with any other boots

I don't have a boot fetish.

thoughts

Red Wings are pretty cool

+1 for redwings.

i have the blacksmiths. redwingheritage.com/us/USD/product/mens-footwear/6-inch-boots/blacksmith-copper-r-t-03343

look bad for rain

Why would you want to wear canvas/fabric upper boots in cold and wet conditions?

They're just like any other lace-up leather boots. Docs are not the warmest or the most comfortable cause of their cheap leather (made in UK shit is different though) but fine for cold weather. Don't expect to keep your feet completely dry if you step in any ankle-deep puddles. Any leather 1460 works but they also have the slip-on 2976s if you don't want laces

This.

what's the difference from beckmans? besides the sole

What are some good boots for cold fall/winter, which doesn't look like shit? I'm on a budget of $130. Don't know if I'm just blind, but I can't seem to find anything good looking.

w2c solovair 1460s in Canada? how much would be a non-cuck price?

Which one for my first boot?

which one

The leather looks the same shit quality as the docs from asia. innit?

Ssense?

left
btw igor where are you coping?

They're shit quality and overpriced nigger shoes.

right

but that leather looks flimsy

>canada
>purchasing power

being a leaf is suffering

Docs/Solovair soles are trash. Gonna get word down in an months.

Would only cop if I were a millionaire.

A pair of the regular 8i Docs will last a couple of years of regular use, and theyre cheaper than a pair of Nikes. How fuckin poor are some of you guys?!:o

that is the ugliest pair of shoes ive ever seen

Can someone help me with these boots or similiar ones?

just brush them when theyre dirty and maybe apply some cream or polish to them every couple of months

I mean like w2c and shit

learn to articulate

I'm thinking of getting these in Khaki. I have the regular SFB's in the sage color and I absolutely love how they look.

Visvim 7-Hole '73 Folk Black Sense

Pain in the ass to try and find these in a 10.5 or 11. I'd pay pretty high for them too. Very rare.

If anyone knows of a boot with a jungle upper (canvas+leather) and a Vibram sole like pic related please let me know.

How come fa has been sleeping on these? You can buy them in USA any time at this price. I only copped now because they suddenly dropped in price on amazon.ca for 5 minutes.

Damn, they even come with a gore-tex upper. Might get these for work.

they look WIDE af. this big guy is wearing baggy pants, imagine how they look with skinnies on a manlet?

Are they wider than your standard boots?

*shrug* copped them with free shipping & free returns

Doc Martens, red wings

Solovair is made in the UK.

Bull Boxer boots
affordable, great quality, and comfy

absolute trash in rain and snow, very slippery.

They have a long break-in period. Good boots though.

Docs kind of suck. The leather on them is pretty much always bad, with rare exceptions depending on colour/material.. you pretty much have to hope on luck. Also nobody really ever mentions it but the shape of them is really disgusting when viewing them top-down. There are Made in England docs which are higher quality but be aware that many people who have owned them would attest to the fact that they are one of the most uncomfortable shoes ever made.

Very expensive, ordering process is a nightmare, and the heel is pretty fucking ridiculous, would never recommend White's as someone's first or only boots.. they're good though.

Realtalk, most people won't notice 90% of the shit people care about with boots. In all likelihood having a goodyear welt on your shoes doesn't fucking matter and you aren't going to resole it anyways.

My personal recommendation for "basic boots" is Chippewa Service Boots. Not LL Bean Katahdins and not the "handcrafted lace-ups" you find on Amazon that have the little american flag on the laces. The Service Boots.

Why do I recommend these ones?

> Good silhouette, no bulbous clowntoe which people seem to dislike about RedWings

> Actually practical boots that are much more comfortable out of the box vs. Redwings

> Fair quality leather, roughly on par with other options in this price range

> Come in a wide variety of colours and designs, including all-black monos and wedge-soles.

> Slightly cheaper than Redwing Heritage, steeper sales with higher frequency.

Chippewa is pretty underrated IMO, in particular the service boot they offer.

Their burgundy boots look kinda like Wolverine 1000 miles except with the added benefit of not having to spend $400 for some of the worst clicking of any "handcrafted boots" and a fiberboard insole.

Also I'm serious when I say they are more practical than both Redwings and Wolverines. They have better traction in winter (obviously still not as good as actual winter boots), and if you look up reviews you'll find that people who do things in their boots like ride motorcylces etc, vastly prefer these boots over the others for practicality/comfort.

Here's a pic of the all-blacks, btw.

I vastly prefer these over Docs for "generic black boots".

Thinking about copping pic related. Never owned any boots before. Is Ann Demeulemeester a good place to start?

I have some bull boxers and can also recommend. The rubber bottom detached from the sole tho, so I had to reattach with plastic glue. After that it's been fine. Definitely ok for the money

thoughts on AE Vancouvers?

I can't recommend blundstone. The company closed all it's australian factories and shipped off to china and thailand with the usual result (complete drop in quality and longevity compared to before). It's not as if they lowered their prices according to the new standard of quality either.

Disgusting

I 100% agree with where this user's coming from, and I'm also a great fan of Chippewa 20028s. I've had two pairs, black like pic related, and also a color called "Sorrel Crazy Horse" which aged really fucking beautifully. In my opinion, boots are something that really reflect and illustrate a person's intelligence. Do you want to be seen as some dumb faggot who spent a thousand bucks on a pair of trendy weak-ass fashion boots that don't last long and function poorly? Because trying to make a fashion statement with boots is entirely in your own imagination - other people are not going to see you as someone making an exciting fashion statement, they're going to view you as a weak-minded snobby victim. But Chippewa's are the real thing, completely opposite. They're practical and wise in an endless number of ways; they're extremely high quality and they're handmade in the United States without the ridiculous price markup that boutique shit always has. And that communicates a lot about a person at a glance. Always remember: money can't buy taste. And just because other boots cost more, it ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT mean that they're better. These ones are about as cool as they fucking come, in my arrogant opinion. They run about a half-size big:

amazon.com/Chippewa-Mens-20028-Lace-Boot/dp/B00INUOOU6

And hands down the best boot care is a waterproofing compound called Obenauf's, which consists of two ingredients: beeswax and Propolis. That's all you need, a pair of Chippewas and some Obenauf's. That's it, get both of those and you're fucking set for many years.

amazon.com/Obenaufs-LP-Boot-Preservative-Preserves/dp/B0002X520S

Oh, and I'd also like to point out that if you go for the black ones, you can very easily make them all black by applying black shoe polish to the brown leather in-between the burly Vibram soles and the killer uppers. That's what I did as soon as I bought them, as well as removing the Stars and Stripes pin.

what are some boots that look good with regular fit jeans and t shirt?

Thoughts on the Wolverine Kilometer boot? Also considering these in black. A very comfortable sole is a priority to me since my are a bit injured, I will get some insoles with any pair of boots I buy but just want to get the most comfortable boots. Also thinking of some military surplus boots. I used to just wear basketball sneakers in the snow but they don't make them like they used to.

Used to wear that style as a kid but it's been negrofied by streetwear rapshitters

I wish Timberland still made these.

I have them in a slightly different colorway.
Size 9.5 but they fit like 10-10.5.
There's also size 10 on grailed grailed.com/listings/3440355-Visvim-7-Hole-73-Folk-Combat-Boots

And a variation with a different sole is still available here endclothing.com/gb/visvim-7-hole-73-folk-0117102002017-bk.html

w2c

white people wearing boots look like nazis

they're desert boots, not made to withstand extreme weather. They're lightweight and keep sand out. they have certain traction to walk quicker in the sand.

Where can i get some nice winter socks for winter boots?

w2c?

what boots are these

solovair

>dark blue jeans and light brown shoes.
Is this even legal today?

Just bought these, read good stuff about them

Why do you give so many fucks about rules and shit?

pic related

>nigger is /pol/

what do I wear amber boots with

what colour chinos

My man: where do i find boots which have the same shape like these guidi 995?
Every boot looks the same except these but their price is too steep.
Pls, w2c similar boot

>late stage capitalism
Wishful thinking, commie pig, we live in early-stage capitalism.

holy fuck that is a horrendous looking toebox

These look like they're made of soft leather like what you'd make a satchel or jacket from. The finish is nice, sure, but I wouldn't want to wear that on my feet; seems like it'd get worn through in no time flat and then look like shit and be impossible to repair. Boot leather has to be tough, even if that does limit the look.

I bet you wear pointy boots and think you don’t look like a pansy.
Dunno but this reddit goodyearwelted sub likes them too. Pretty sure they’re durable.

which of these black boots should i get? or something different?

Right. Leather all the way

>cockroach shaped upper
>zero toespring
>that last
>reddit

has jose feliciano gotten into shoemaking?

thoughts? i know theyre cats but i kinda like them for some beater boots

don't buy boots branded by a tracked vehicle company

makes me want them more actually. those machines are some of the most rugged durable things ever made

yes and they are using the name to make you think the same about their other products.
I owned a CAT phone, really, don't waste your money

>reddit
not op, but r/goodyearwelt is most certainly better place for this sort of thing than this place

What the fuck.

lmao a cat phone is different then cat boots. for sureeee dont ever buy a cat phone