Nike: Why the swoosh is a bad logo

Nike ruins all their sneakers and products by adding the swoosh to their products. It doesn't fit any of the sneakers they place it on and looks out of place.

Unlike Adidas, who adds their parallel bars that look abstract and aesthetically pleasing, Nike forces the use of the swoosh so people see it in every product. That is ridiculously stupid. They need to rethink their branding approach.

The swoosh isnt even that bad of a logo when compare it to the the Autism flag new balance logo

The N is an annoying attribute of logos as well. Same with the Swoosh, they make them so retarded ly big so you HAVE to see it.

The swoosh beats the New Balance "N" logo in the overly marketed category to. People try and defend the swoosh cause "it's timeless" but that's really the marketing talking for them.

Agreed, this is why I prefered these over the Roshe back in the day. Nice silhouette, no stupid logo and not fucking everywhere

Logo can be a neat design sometimes, but for most shoes it's tasteless.. they should make it more subtle by stitching it in the shoe with the same base color

That's what I'm saying it's horrid that they can't make it more subtle and easy to the overall design of the sneaker itself

i find the n aesthetically appealing does that make me autistic?

N isn't really aesthetically pleasing unless you're in he south or midwest

It's not like Nike or New Balance have never done this you know.

what about UK?

They rarely do it, they purposefully make the logo the center point of the designs they do. It's one of the reasons people don't even know what model of New Balance you're wearing, same with Nike to a certain degree.

When you buy a product the brand is "important" but the design should be more than enough to sway you. Not a artistic icon, we're humans not lab rats attracted to light.

I got bad news for you. I like the N and I'm autistic.

you'd have trouble finding a more disgusting shoe, shit taste

i dotn visit Veeky Forums that much but when i do there will be atleast 5 niggas whining bout the nike logo

the swoosh was the entire appeal of Nike shoes to begin with, without it they wouldn't have sold as well. It was smart of them to integrate the swoosh into the design of the shoes

No that may have been back in the day but nobody really have a fuck about what the logo was.

That's why shit like Onitsuka tiger was so popular. People cared about performance back then, not the overall designing.

That's why bill bowerman was the one who made Nike so set in sports and ability. In today's world they would do better to lower the big oversaturated use of their logo like Adidas has and focus on design and innovation.

I wouldn't be so against their logo if they made it more to the modern day in terms of how it is presented instead of "here you bought a NIKE PRODUCT OH WOW".

They need to take notes from Y-3

oh fuck

retard, bowerman essentially sold nikes as knockoff onitsukas
ask yourself how nike propelled itself to be top dog when it came out 2 decades after adidas and onitsuka
the fucking branding! nike was an innovator in sports marketing first, learn your fucking history before mouthing off about shit you know nothing about
that's why it's laughable when you tards say nike would be better without the swoosh, it shows complete ignorance

not the branding, but marketing.

and to say they need to take notes from y-3, jesus
vastly different markets, y-3 is not performance wear in the slightest, it's high street sportswear
y-3 total sales wouldnt make a dent compared to nike's sales of one of their 60$ walking shoes
i don't think you understand anything about anything, why would they care what some enlightened hypebeast teen thinks when the high end fashion wear is fucking minuscule to their total sales
the fucking delusion

Dumbass that's marketing not branding clown. Also you do realize Nike is bigger than Y-3 but their designing is far better and innovative than what Nike is doing.

Nike is re-releasing everything under the sun and not doing the best in terms of innovation that's why adidas has been taking their grounds.

talk shit post fit

go wear qasas on concrete and tell me how they do, y-3 isn't bound by practicality you retard, which is why they can make more "innovative" designs
if you're gonna compare high street design, then nike acg's footwear has been lightyears beyond what mainline adidas has been putting out
of course, that's not the comparison to be made but for some reason you really love talking about y-3 like a know nothing pseud

go look at the cortez vs the tigers theyre based on and tell me which looks better, then tell me what the only design difference between the two is
you clearly said nobody cared what the nike logo was when talking about their success, then proceed to name onitsuka for their success based on performance capabilities, ignoring the fact that nike would overtake onitsuka which had a 2 decade lead by starting off with a knockoff model, the only difference? the logo

not to mention that while having innovative design, acg shoes actually hold up well

not him but cortez are fucking ugly shits. looks like a bulldog

say that to my face phaggot
looks great on foot

...who the fuck wears acg's in 2017, you realize they don't sell as high as they once did. They're not even hyped as much , quality wise they're the same. You're only throwing up small instances. Argue Nike Design and Innovation to all other companies and how they're holding up. There is a reason their company stock is becoming more high risk.