Ok so after a lot of research and calculations, I'm 100% sure Tesla will collapse within the next 3 years...

Ok so after a lot of research and calculations, I'm 100% sure Tesla will collapse within the next 3 years. I'd actually bet my entire life savings on it.

But 3 years is a long time to be shorting and long puts are going to be ridiculously expensive.

Any ideas Veeky Forums??

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/03/01/tesla-tumbles-as-short-seller-warns-on-stock/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ok so after a lot of research and calculations

oh boy, we have a researcher here. now let it ripp boy, we wanna read your analysis.

>calculations
Right

musk can pour his musk in it and keep it floating for decades imo.
i wouldn't bet shit on it's collapse.

Based on what exactly? That's a bold claim after all

Hope you're not just trying to rustle some jimmies

silicon valley resident here, I see a tesla every seven cars. You're fucked, OP. This company aint going nowhere.

>Lives in a city with extremely irregular demographics (disproportionate amounts of wealthy people with STEM degrees from top universities)
>Entire area is literally full of overpriced memecorps on the verge of a huge bubble bursting
>"Every 7th car is a Tesla, therefore the company will do fine"

user, this may be hard to believe, but what if Tesla AND a lot of the Silicon Valley companies go bankrupt/lose a lot of money in the next few years?

Or what if the tiny proportion of people working in IT firms and startups who drive Tesla's aren't enough to make up for the colossal amount of debt and terrible business model of Tesla, an international corporations with billions invested in its product?

Anyways OP may not necessarily have done any research, but his view is not exactly stupid, BoA for example is predicting a TSLA collapse. Or how about the fact that TSLA is the 14th MOST shorted stock? blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/03/01/tesla-tumbles-as-short-seller-warns-on-stock/

But no you're right, someone on Veeky Forums who works at Silicon Valley sees a lot of TSLAs, better go take out another mortgage on the house and buy some stock!

You can't really short a stock with the 200 dollars in your savings account

Enron accounting. Still safe. Unless elon leaves.

I live in the north bay, only seeing a growing number of these cars on the road. Sounds like baseless speculation.

bro,
>his business gets mad subsidies from the US Government
>people have/are preordering cars for delivery 2-3 years from now
>constantly finding improvements in technology and manufacturing to make cheaper versions of vehicles

Three years to collapse is not a good bet. Hell, you'd be better off trying to short the dow, sp500, etc

It's the apple of the motor industry. Eventually other car makers will be in par with tesla and be able to offer competitive alternatives but Musk planned for this by making sure they purchase the batteries off him therefore he wont loose.

Underage bait post... or just a simple guy that compulsively lies.

>after a lot of research and calculations
have another beer

There are already automakers with affordable all-electric vehicles in the market.

The model III comes out by when, 2018? Tesla at this point is a literal meme company. They'll stand NO chance with competition

They still offer best range for electric car. In Norway Tesla is huge, because Norwegian government offers huge incentives to buy Electric cars, there is one cloud coming thou, Volvo is starting to make electric cars, specifically XC90. It might eat they marketshare, thou to be honest Tesla is 2 years ahead of competition on the surface and hopefully even more underneath.

>It's the apple of the motor industry.

Except that apple makes a shitload of money by selling things for 2x their real value because they have insane brand recognition and prestige whereas Tesla loses money on every car they sell.

tbf apple started off with net losses but they turned that shit around. They didn't have issues with delays or recalls though

>Ok so

They turned it around when they started selling ipods because nobody would buy their shitty computers.

They didn't sell ipods at a loss for a few years then start turning a profit.

>shorting and long puts are going to be ridiculously expensive.
Ever hear of LEAPS?

i am also bearish on tesla. wait a year before you do anything though. mid-year next year they'll announce that the model 3 will not actually launch in 2016. the stock will go down. then when it actually launches, it'll go down again. the model x launch was a disaster and that is a $100k+ car. i have no faith in their ability to produce 10 times as many cars at 1/3 the price.

>launch in 2016
meant to say 2017