Anyone know any tricks to make yourself seem more attractive

Anyone know any tricks to make yourself seem more attractive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yia923Eg8Xs
hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/140529495929/how-to-be-attractive
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

body wise, its pretty much just lifting while being skinny

face wise.. not much can be done

Act confident and dress the way it would match your face, personality and body type

wear clothes that fit, get a simple haircut such as short back and sides.

be Veeky Forums so you look good with your clothes off
be Veeky Forums so you look good with clothes on

worse things is guys don't work on their shit personalities and faults though, so trying to be a better human being (which is both easy and hard) is good practice. The older I get, the more I understand why people become monks and shit.

ive been a neet since teenage years, and have since upgraded to monk status. its pretty nice

A good personality.

Dress according to your morphology : hide what needs to be hidden and put the emphasis on your positive features

Regularly go to the barber. Well kept beards and haircuts make a very huge difference on your overall attractiveness

Stand tall, keep your eyes off the ground, pay attention to your posture

Hit the gym, it will improve your body but also your confidence (and confidence is a huge attractiveness booster). No need to become huge or anything, just go there 3 or 4 times a week and aim for a well-balanced body. Moderate dedication and healthy eating habits wil at least award you an ottermode body

Also if you really want to appear attractive to the pleb, just go for a casual chic style

you can be below average and still be a Chad, visit Veeky Forums

That is, if you actually have a personality. no amount of fitness can change boring

Lift, carry yourself confidently, dress in a way that hides your flaws as much as possible, and accentuates your positive attributes (ie if you're a manlet wear boots),get a haircut that fits your face

#1 is to have confidence.

>OP asks for tricks to SEEM more attractive
>People just try to tell him how to become more ACTUALLY attractive

>Anyone know any tricks to make yourself seem more attractive

Wear visually complex garments and accessories. It works. Strange but true. No accounting for taste.

>monk status
>on Veeky Forums
>on Veeky Forums

Yeah, no.

Yes yes to all that's already been said. Obvious stuff as it's all visual and we're on Veeky Forums afterall.

However, there is one thing that always seems to be neglected, and I only recall it being mentioned a couple of times during my captivity here (though I've not been back in a while so I dunno for sure).

Voice.

How you sound. You can be one ugly motherfucking manlet chublard, but if you have that intriguing, charismatic voice?
It helps.
People will actually want to converse with you, rather than just be repelled.

Work on how you speak. Breathing etc. There was once an actingstudent-user that came on here a few years ago and mentioned how they made voice recordings of themselves during their first lesson, then compared that with recordings made after the year. They all sounded completely different. They sounded good. Less nasally, deeper and more resonant.

It's not merely about the words you choose, though eloquence and the art of brevity are both equally effay, it's about the cadence when you speak, modulating volume and tone necessary and leaving the listener hanging onto your every word.

It's a trick, a skill, an art. Not easy, but infinitely rewarding I think.
I don't like this faggot, but this vid of his illustrates what I'm getting at to some extent:

youtube.com/watch?v=yia923Eg8Xs

Neglect the way you sound at your peril. It's all well and good to look effay but if you open your face hole and some whiny, nasal bitchboi screeeeeeetch comes out and you'll just leave people laughing, like david beckam was a barrel of laughs before he had coaching or whatever; he's less laughable and more resonant now (though that dude just has to keep his mouth shut and he'd drown forever in pussy and money, the rest of us are not always so lucky)

Yeah I honestly think you're right. I'm 6'4, alright looking, but a bit overweight - overall nothing that would normally turn heads or get any sort of extra attention. However, I've noticed that if I'm in a public place and start speaking to a friend of mine or a worker or anything, people will turn and look at me to see where the voice is coming from. I often get compliments on it from random people, and I've even had girls say things like, "Oh my god your voice..." and look at me with those adoring eyes.

So bottom line is that you have a lot of control over your voice - you can easily augment the voice itself to sound more attractive as well adjust the cadence to draw attention to what you're saying. And if something like my voice can draw attention to someone that's otherwise unremarkable, then I say that it's worth it to consider it as something to make you more attractive overall.

If you already have such a voice (and some people are born with it), you owe it to yourself to refine it and see how good it can get.

I'm not really sure how I could go about refining it. Any tips?

posture is such a big deal imo. looks good, and makes you feel more confident and present.
may feel like your puffing chest out and looking down on people, but it'll settle in.

confidence and the right personal brand. being able to be conscious of how you come off to people is a very underestimated thing. you should be able to have a conversation with anyone, even if you don't want to. its an underrated skill that makes life a lot more easier.

the main thing that seperates you from Joe Everyman is identity. chicks love identity. you can be ugly or have infinite bad traits, but if you have an individualist "cool" identity, its easy to persuade anyone into being impressed. if you make music, write, into film, then talk about it ~the right way~. not too much, but don't be withdrawn because people are very slow.

also, if you are trying something new, like maybe a new look or style or persona, or even something creative, don't be discouraged if things go over peoples heads. people need time to catch on. some of the coolest ideas creatively take a long time to catch on, but when it does, thats infinitely cooler than just choosing the ""safe"" route and being a follower.

"This is how fashion works. Unfashionable people can be too flashy or underdressed, but in both cases, the question is the same: “Who are you supposed to be?” A well-dressed person is essentially wearing a costume: if you put an ugly guy an expensive suit, his face is irrelevant, he becomes the suit. Strippers use a similar technique. “Geek chic” accentuates nerdiness (glasses, bow-tie, buttoned-up shirt), unattractive nerds downplay it (brown hoodie, loose jeans, hobo beard). Wearing half Ed Hardy and half Lululemon = weird, but picking either half will make you attractive…

…to poor souls who are into Ed Hardy or Lululemon. Let’s be clear: it is impossible to be attractive to all of humanity. Race is a rule-out criteria for many people, physique for many more. Classic post-coital conversation: girl says “I don’t think I’m mysterious enough to be really attractive,” boy says “I don’t think being mysterious would make you more attractive.” Both are right: mystique makes you attractive to more people, but specialization makes you more attractive to those who have the relevant prototype [8].

In this respect, behavior is no different than appearance."

From: hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/140529495929/how-to-be-attractive

TL;DR for the entire article is at the end:
"If you do not feel attractive, work to become your nearest prototype. The nice thing about Halloween is that there’s a sexy version of every costume. You can’t sustain “be confident”, but you can become confident. Get older. Level up in your chosen class.

You don’t have to have confidence in asking your crush out, you have to have confidence in yourself, even if that means—weirdly—that you have confidence in the fact that you’re not confident."

Teach me how to fix my voice
I fit all the description of a bad voice ie nasally, poor control of pitch, no screetch though, I've been told I'm pleasant to listen to in person and on phone, but I know I definitely have a "clear" voice

>this

im a dude but i sound like a girl, what do i do?

>speech impediment
kms

How can I correct my posture AND get really thin/skinny? From what I've heard so far it's either hit the gym or join pilates, but I have no interest in getting really jacked/strong, I just want to be thin and have good posture. So I may try out pilates. Pic related

for what you want do pilates

Fuck, that is bad. Are you exaggerating your posture at all?

What does this even mean? If people tell me that I’m handsome then how does a handsome person supposed to dress? Just curious

Just b urself.

starter kit
Grab a pick and a shovel, dig and cover a piece of land.
Farmer walk
Wash your clothes with your hands

Nope, that's my relaxed, normal posture. Didn't really realize how bad it was until I went on /adv/ asking how to get thin and instead got told to improve my posture. So since then I've been trying my best to improve my posture. is my posture in this pic what good posture is supposed to look like, or is it still kind of weird? I can usually maintain this posture if I'm standing or sitting or walking, but if I exercise or bend or whatever I revert back to my normal fucked up posture, since I'm so used to doing everything with shit posture.

accidentally replied to myself fuck i'm retarded

lift, it really helps

>seem
How about BE more attractive. Find your bedrock niche and stay with it.
Stop pleasing others.

What kind of lifting/workouts/exercises should I do? Sorry if this is kind of a dumb question, I don't know shit about working out, all I know a lot about is dieting. I wanna do just enough exercise to improve my posture, as I don't want to get ripped.

you need to start lifting, you look like a soyboy

Any noob-friendly programme will do. The internet is full of them

Make sure to go to the gym 3/4 times a week (not any less or more) and to eat well. Get a nutrition programme at your gym or online if you need it

Watch youtube videos to understand how to do things and ask for the help of a coach during your first few sessions, it is very important to learn proper form right from the beginning

Do not skip leg day or any other day

Also don't worry you cannot and will not get ripped overnight lol

get a tan, whiten your teeth, get a nice haircut, take good care of your face (sounds contradictory since i said get a tan but you know what i mean.) stand up straight, it will automatically make you look skinnier and more confident, and make eye contact with people. really just learn to carry your presence.. and be confident bitch

I think I've got dieting down pretty good, I've been doing a low carb diet since around February 2017 and since then I've lost 35 pounds. I've been eating plenty of proteins, healthy fats, and fiber. A huge part of the reason why I do exercises at home and not the gym is because I haven't learned how to use all the machines yet and am really anxious about using them and possibly fucking up in front of other people. I think I'll try doing a beginner program for a while at the gym after getting comfortable with the machines, while at the same time doing pilates, as I plan to do pilates for longer than I plan to go to the gym. After going to the gym for a while I think I'll just do exercises at home + pilates.

People at the gym are nicer than you think, if they see you fuck up they'll probably help you out

Machines are pretty straightforward to use, free weights are where you are the most likely to do it wrong

Realize that good looking and attractive aren't always synonymous
Become more comfortable with yourself.
Stand up straight, smile, make eye contact.
Have hobbies, skills and interests
Dress in clothes that fit both you and the social situation
Learn to dance

alright, once I get time to hit the gym I'll be sure to keep all the advice you gave me in mind, thank you!

Being healthier makes you look better in the face, hands down.

Why do you think well-balanced athletes like soccer players, basketball players, tennis players and swimmers are usually attractive? Low body fat % and a healthy lifestyle goes a long way.

I mean, even in myself, going from 24% body fat to 20% body fat makes me look so much better. And then down to 15% and I'm the most attractive I can be.

just be yourself

Drink more water
Smile uncreepily
Exercise (anaerobic and aerobic)
Dress well
Be authentic
Stop having social anxiety
Speak articulately
Don't radiate insecurity
Fake It Till You Make™
Acquire wealth
Be genuinely funny
Attain charisma
Have friends
Get some sun
Eliminate acne
Cop a new fade yo (or whatever haircut suits your skull)
And for the love of god: don't try so goddamn hard (but don't not try either)
Passion is good

Only good advice in here that actually answers the question (appearing more attractive without becoming more attractive). If you want to seem more attractive by dressing a certain way, dressing in a way that is eye catching but that still looks good will bring people's focus to the outfit rather than to your body.

This makes people sound like fish: attracted to bright shiny things. It's generally speaking not untrue, but quickly calls into question the notion of quality over quantity.

you have really thin layers of fat under your skin with 0% muscle, so at that point with your goal, you only need a thin layer of muscle to achieve it, and of course loosing that bf, just do a lot of reps with low weight and mixed up with cardio, and also work your posture

> dress the way that would match your personality
Did you seriously suggest that to a room full of people who browse Veeky Forums?

Grow you hair longer so that it covers your face.
Always wear sunglasses, even indoors.
Be extremely skinny.
Only wear black, white and grey.

This but don't get some sun, sun exposure ages your skin and increases your chance of skin cancer. Just take vitamin D supplements.

lmao

I can't help you, I'm sorry. I posted merely to point out the importance of how you sound; for actual remedies you'll have to help yourself.

All I can suggest is to look up some vids on acting on youtube. Public speaking, rhetoric etc. Join a dramaclub at school if you're still there, or the equivalent at community college (or whatever the hell that is you americans go on about or whatever - it's free, right?).

Practice exercises in front of a mirror and record yourself. This is important to help, as you need to be intimately familiar with how your voice sounds outside of your own head, only then can you identify what's "wrong" with it and what you may wish to rectify (louder/softer/lowerpitch/whatever). Too many times have I thought that I don't sound annoying only to hear myself incidentally via video recording or sound. Some of you will be familiar with that realisation.

Breathing and cadence you'll just have to find some literature or tutorial on if you can't get an instructor. The web should have some resources.
Rinse, repeat until the sound of your own voice doesn't make you want to rip your tongue from your throat.

A book that the acting-student user guy recommended was "The Actor Speaks" by Patsy Rodenburg. There's no pirated ebook version of it that I could ever find so I bought it.

Is it useful? Without some external coach? Dunno. Been meaning to actually go through it properly for years, but since I'm rarely totally alone in the house anymore I'm too self conscious to try out the exercises in the book (thin walls). Besides, on the oft times I am totally alone reading some book is not usually highest on my list of priorities.

I've been told by multiple people that I have a deep/"radio" voice, but even with people complimenting me on that, I'm a reserved/shy dude, and while I'd like to think I can speak well and hold a conversation, I'm terrible at initiating them.

Also, brevity is something I could use more of. I don't think I ramble, but I do carefully consider what I'm going to say, and sometimes that leads to me pausing while I think of how I want to say something while avoiding the pitfalls of using "like", "uh", "umm", etc.

Any tips?

>Being healthier makes you look better in the face, hands down.

Since I stopped sitting down as much and started drinking Bulletproof Coffee my face seems to have more colour in it and the skin feels more "full." (I don't think it's just that I got fatter, lel.)

I guess I'd say the same shit as everyone else, mostly.
*Do everything it takes to correct your posture
*Focus on developing a thick neck and thick forearms
*BE SOCIAL. What I mean is, go out there into social situations and fuck up. Fuck up again and again and again. Spend the same amount of time grinding your social skills as you did training your Pokemon.
The reason normies are at ease in social situations is because they care about being around other people and have done a lot of that since they were little kids.
There's nothing we can tell you in this thread that will let you avoid being seen as a total spastic. You have to just learn to not care about that if you want to get good at things.
One trick for that is to sort of see "you" as being a separate being observing yourself. You can be amused by the dumb shit you do because that's someone else.

You're gonna need to lift and eat. You can cut later. You're in garbage shape and super thin as it is. As for your posture, you need to buy flat shoes. Stop buying shoes with heels. Stand in the mirror and learn what a good posture feels like. Practice it. Do it all the time.

be in a work environment with a limited pool of people

Kill yourself and reincarnate into a more attractive body. Repeat until you find the perfect body.

be funny desu

>I have no interest in getting really jacked/strong
not happening anyway dude...

get some muscle definition, flab ass

b8

holy fuck, eat at a deficit until you hit whatever weight you want to be and go see a chiropractor you look like shit

>tfw don't give a shit about fitting in
>now worried because I don't know shit about survival
I should have gone to the army, I should have worked at farms, I should have studied permaculture and hunting... I am so far behind in these respects and it will become so essential.

Am I really super thin? I feel really fat. I've lost 35 pounds since around March but I still don't feel comfortable with how my body is yet. Just wondering, do posture braces work at all? I heard that they don't because it doesn't train your muscles to have good posture and you'll always need to wear the brace to have good posture, but I think it could be useful in the short term just to get used to moving with good posture. Like for example for every 1 day I wear it, 2 days I don't wear it, and lessen the amount of days I wear it as my body gets more trained to having good posture.

Stop talking to morons like us and start seeing some professionals. Your shit is fucked up and you don't need to be thinking about losing weight right now.

>tfw i could probably lose my virginity but im too afraid to talk to women

whiten your fucking UGLY-ASS YELLOW TEETH

lmao

for fuck's sake varg

Start running and 18:6 diet. It will make you thin.

Stop being so judgmental.

just always talk in a Dick Van Dyke cockney accent - you can add to it by doing little ditties and skits, broads will eat that shit up