ZeroHedge: Put up or shut up

If you believe a "2008-style correction (or worse) in the financial markets is likely overdue", then why have you not pulled out of the market?

Why have you not invested in a short position of the S&P 500? Inverse ETFs? Credit Default Swaps?

BECAUSE YOU DON'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE MARKET IS GOING TO COLLAPSE YOU FUCKING IGNORAMUS

Other urls found in this thread:

moneymorning.com/2016/06/02/a-stock-market-crash-is-near-when-hedge-fund-managers-do-this/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sage

thousands of people predicted 08' perfectly without putting their money on it

on a few people had the balls to actually bet millions on it

ZeroHedge is based af too

>ZeroHedge
you know that the woner of ZH is a slav right?
you're literally reading a site written by a Untermensch

If you are not willing to put the money down, you are not predicting a FUCKING thing.

>tfw none of the fundamental problems that caused 08 crash have been addressed
>tfw they just pumped money into the system to prop it up
>tfw 08 Crash: The Sequel is coming and it will be worse than it would have been otherwise
>tfw not much precious metals yet

JUST

Ahhh... silver, the poor man's gold.

I can't fault you, though. At least you are actually making an investment based on your predictions for the US economic outlook.

More than you can say for who probably doesn't have any investments at all.

b-b-but silver quadrupled in value at the peak of the last recession, which is the one we're still in but whatever.

All of what you see there I got late last year on sale, before metals went up 17%. I got the little gold bars for only 5% over spot, insanely good for the small amount.

I have a lot of money in my 401k, thinking of taking some out and getting some good shit, maybe some 1/2 oz gold bars or rounds, and maybe a meme Combi-Bar that I can snap into individual grams.

moneymorning.com/2016/06/02/a-stock-market-crash-is-near-when-hedge-fund-managers-do-this/

At the end of April, activist investor Carl Icahn said in a CNBC interview that the stock market is nearing "a day of reckoning." And he's put his money where his mouth is. According to SEC filings, Icahn Enterprises (Nasdaq: IEP) has a net short position of a whopping 149%.

Likewise, billionaire investor George Soros cut back his holdings in U.S. stocks by 37% in the first quarter of 2016. An SEC filing revealed that Soros now owns bearish options on 2.1 million shares of the SPDR ETF Trust (NYSE Arca: SPY), an exchange-traded fund that tracks the Standard & Poor's 500 Index.

personally i've been toying with the idea of buying long term puts on the SPY. i also trade futures so the ES is a good opportunity for me. we'll have to see what the SPX does at the 2100 level.

if it drops below 2030, next legs are 2000, and 1980. after that, it's a big drop to the next support.

silver is hard to store as fuark but way undervalued compared to gold. so it's more like silver is the smart mans gold if he can stash it away that is.

>just started index couch potato investing
>everything is about to collapse

ZH is click bait

haha ok sure...

I did. I pulled everything out of the market last year

I'm going to wait 3 years

zerohedge has been wrong, what, 10 years?

they are like peter shill, buy gold, sell stocks. then when they got it right once in 10 years they are like "AHA TOLD YA" even tho you are still running 100% behind in returns.

they are right about some things but doomsday calling is just hilarious.

bears make headlines, bulls make money. that how is has always been. i guess people just want negative news by nature.

im doubtful that's a correct move while we have 1000 years or something low interest rates. bonds are out of question and you cannot shovel the moeny under a pillow. pension funds are only getting to start switching to stocks

let me guess, you unironically support hillary too?

What the hell does presidental elections have to do with economics? not much if you look long term statistics.

They might be right about hillary in general who knows who cares. I would vote trump but president dont even have much power in states it's the congress

i just wanted to know what type of person you are, i would have more respect for you argument if you choose trump over hillary

i am a huge fan of gold tho

>everything is about to collapse
>implying it wouldn't be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to buy the market at dirt cheap valuation levels

this

bump

bump

what are some good stocks to short?

>tfw finally opened a margin account

>mfw most of the jobs added have been minimum wagekek shit

Fantastic job America. This was just a brief bull run before the real crash. The Great Recession is nothing compared to what's coming.