Oh shit son 'tis a Russian Civil War thread

Oh shit son 'tis a Russian Civil War thread.

Is user a white or a red kind of guy?

White Army PROS
>kickassь pre-reformь Russianь language
>anti-communist
>nationalist

CONS
>disorganized as fuck, their only driving ideology is being anti-communist
>retarded nationalism that alienates neighboring republics and causes some of them to join the reds when they could've helped the whites instead

Red Army PROS
>all is equal*
>all is shared*
>join us and let us march into a bright communist future together!**

Red Army CONS
>*not true btw
>**if you don't you're a WA collaborationist and need to be shot by the cheka

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVOFSYRWI&spfreload=1
youtube.com/watch?v=pcsYtHggelg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totenkopf
youtube.com/watch?v=7O3sdE9azMI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Civil_War
youtube.com/watch?v=uEmPaTc589M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

white b cause muh white Finns

White if I was a female.

Reds if I was a male.

Stupid Russians ruin everything.

I'm a communist so I'll go with the red army even if I know the CCCP went to shit.

What's the deal with both sides killing Jews?

If it's hilarious, don't question it user.

I'd argue not so much nationalism as traditionalim/reactionary.

By which I mean - the Whites were unwilling to collaborate with other nations seeking independence not for reasons of "muh Russians", but rather as they saw those nations as also tearing apart the fabric they were so keen to put back together - that clusterfuck of a tapestry known as the Russian Empire.

Btw - perhaps one of the more amusing chapters of this war is the Western Russian Liberation army, a mix of Germans and Russians, led by the asolute madman Bermondt Avalov.

I think possibly my favourite feature of Bermondt-Avalov is his military career, or lack thereof.

Dude went from conductor (the musical kind) to self-appointed Major General.

Russian nationalism doesn't exist per se, or at least the ethnic part of it doesn't. They don't want to segregate, they want to make everyone be Russian.

Reds all day every day

not even a communist, but the Whites were retarded as fuck

Whites, obviously. Why would anyone, with hindsight, support the Jewish Bolsheviks?

I honestly can't choose between the Reds or the Whites. I just like them both so much.

They really were. I especially like the propaganda part of that.

OP picture:
>Bunch of text, what the fuck does that mean? Not only you're supposed to show, not tell, but also most Russians were illiterate at the time
>Well-drawn but what's the point? You're to get your message across, not make everyone admire your artistic skills
>The ancient defeat of the serpent motive doesn't get the point across well at all because the allegory is too complex

Here's one of mass-produced Bolshevik cartoons:
>Text is small and the pictures can be understood by an illiterate person as well: Commies should help non-commies
>It's mass-produced in huge numbers
>It's a part of a long series of propaganda cartoons at that
>It's simple and to the point

I definitely don't support communists, of all people, but Russian Whites were a hilarious bunch of disorganized fuckups with no clear vision. They were bound to fail.

Or look at this one, it's even more direct.
>Your work makes evil capitalists angry

>the pictures can be understood by an illiterate person as well
unfortunately I am also retarded, translations?

Czech Legion FTW!!!

Yeah, I should've worded that better. Bolshevik propaganda minimized the text as much as possible, knowing that they aimed at people who couldn't read, thus they made everything like a comic book with heavy visual emphasis.

First picture is about "greys" by whom I think they meant indifferent people.

>Greys, we're talking to you from above
>Stop wallowing in bourgeois bog
>Communism is the only salvation
>Here, catch: the only ladder to happiness

Second one is more straightforward.

>Every absence from work
>Makes enemy happy
>But the hero of labor
>Is a strike against bourgeoisie

youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVOFSYRWI&spfreload=1

I would because white was retarded.

The second coming of Genghis Khan

Czechoslovak Legion would also apply
>in Russia to fight Austrians and get Allies to support their independence
>revolutions happen - just want to go home
>Germans sweep across empire's western frontier, can't go via land or Baltic/Black Seas
>welp guess we have to CROSS SIBERIA TO VLADIVOSTOK AND SAIL FROM THE PACIFIC TO FRANCE
>essentially fight their way across the continent, engaging with all sides
>refuse Bolshevik orders to lay down their arms, then give them Kolchak
>railway is Russian, one track, and in wartime: absolute hassle to travel on
>eventually get to Vladivostok and make it back to Europe
>war is already over but Czechoslovakia is free

Don't forget about the Czar gold they may or may not have snatched along the way.

This is the only correct answer.

Or Michigan Polar Bears taking Archangel.

"When the British commanders of the Allied Intervention arrived in Arkhangelsk on August 2, 1918, they discovered that the Allied war material had already been moved up the Dvina River by the retreating Bolshevik forces. Therefore, when the American troops arrived one month later, they were immediately used in offensive operations to aid in the rescue of the Czech Legion. The British commanders sent the First Battalion of the 339th Infantry up the Dvina River and the Third Battalion of the 339th up the Vologda Railroad where they engaged and pushed back the Bolshevik forces for the next six weeks.[citation needed]

However, these two fronts each became hundreds of miles (kilometers) long and were extremely narrow and difficult to supply, maintain, and protect. By the end of October 1918, they were no longer able to maintain the offensive and acknowledging their fragile situation and the rapid onset of winter, the Allies began to adopt a defensive posture.[citation needed]

The Allied commanders soon also came to the realization that they would not be able to raise an effective local force of anti-Bolshevik soldiers. Thus they gave up their goal of linking up with the Czech Legion and settled in to hold their gains over the coming winter. During that winter, the Bolshevik army went on the offensive, especially along the Vaga River portion of the Dvina River Front, where they inflicted numerous casualties and caused the Allies to retreat a considerable distance."

I think both sides were superficially extremely badass but at the same time extremely retarded and cruel. Russian history in a nutshell.

They should have a movie.

Also apparently the commies killed the Tzar because the Czechoslova Legion was near the town where they had the royal family.

This guy is the only side worth fighting for.

BETTER DEAD THAN RED

daily reminder that the parasite tsar was an idiot and was executed by a jew

youtube.com/watch?v=pcsYtHggelg

BOLSHEVISTS AND REACTIONARIES GET OUT

>dude what if we put a machine gun on this horse-drawn wagon

>omnious red figure shouts lighting bolts while holding a gun in his right hand, reminiscent of Zeus
>release the cyanide gas pepe
>Zeus man finds a flag and a wreath
>Zeus sends letters down from mont Olympus to the common men - Zeus is giving them knowledge like the good paternal god he is

Im sorry user, but that comic doesn't make much sense

Black army kind of guy.

Tell me about how the war started.
From what I understand, it took a while for the conflict to begin, after the Bolsheviks took power.
How did the main armies organize, both equipament and men?
And what were the main armies? I know about Denikin's, Wrangel's and Kolchak's.

It was a huge clusterfuck that's impossible to explain coherently here but I'll at least try to cover some lesser-known facts. Russian Empire was crumbling apart, some people just wanted independence, some wanted Russia to be republican, some wanted gommunism and some were just batshit crazy.

It took a while for the conflict to start because it was a clusterfuck and Bolsheviks did allow for the elections of Constituent Assembly that was a provisional organ which was supposed to decide what to do with Russia. Then they quickly dispersed it. The other factions were gathering their strength in the meantime.

Also Bolsheviks didn't know what to do with German Front until they were finally pressed into signing the Brest-Litovsk Treaty. Russian democratic forces were supporting war until the end since Western Powers were urging them to in exchange for their support. One of the reasons why Bolsheviks had support were their promises to finally end the war.

Then there was the problem of Ukraine that was essentially the wild card there. Ukrainians, unexpectedly for Russians, turned out to be very capable of organizing and seizing power after February revolution. That was the time when people didn't know much about Ukraine so sudden explosion of national sentiment all over the place came out as shocking for the bystanders, especially Russians who considered them nothing more but a weird peculiarity of days long gone. 1917-1921 in Ukraine is even harder to explain in brief, though.

In short, it was a clusterfuck. Reds were actually united, thus they won.

Reds.

Commies might be shits but there is literally nothing more subhuman than russian nationalists.

This t.b.h. The white message in the OP is way more clear. Whites=cool and reds=evil.

Black Army best army

Whites targeted urban Jews because of their association with communism

Reds targeted rural Jews because of their association with anticommunism

The birth of porky

this

Red army all the way.
Fuck the useless tsar.

>be Jewish
>support Communism
>get shot by the white army
>White Russian exiles go abroad and tell everyone about le Judeo-Bolshevik revolution

>be Jewish
>oppose Communism
>get shot by Red Army
>you and your family denounced as 'rootless cosmopolitans'

Just can't win.

>uses cyrillic like a dumb neo-soviet retard with down syndrome
fuck off kid

Occupational hazard of not assimilating. As long as you're an outgrouo, you're a target.

Why did they use skulls? Were they the baddies?

>occupational hazard of not assimilating

That they were not "assimilating" is more a result of how they were marginalized and kept as an out group than the Jews refusing the "welcome" of a "tolerant society" in the spirit of an exclusive ethnic identity. You are acting as if the people doing the pogroms, rounding up Jews and spreading antisemitic propaganda were doing it to help the Jews assimilate, and not out of the endless reasons to hate Jews. Bottom line is for a long period of time in Europe, Jews were intentionally excluded from society and barriers were put up to make participation difficult. Yes, Judaism is an exclusionary, communal religion, but given the opportunity to assimilate, Jews did in droves. See Germany pre-1933 and US - forever.

Jews were once excluded for killing Christ, then for refusing to convert, then in the context of the Russian Civil War, for daring to have political association. It doesn't matter what the reason, or how absurd or convoluted the reasoning, Jews as a ambiguously defined people were found at fault and deserving of isolation, scorn and death. That more than any other reason is why Jews retained their identity - because they were not allowed to take another.

>That more than any other reason is why Jews retained their identity - because they were not allowed to take another.
As far as christendom was concerned, Jews brought it upon themselves by being obstinate and unreasonable in rejecting Jesus as their Messiah. However, Jews could pretty much always be baptised, and many individuals took that step (although it could take a generation or two for the stigma to fade). From Luther to Prussian Pietists, Protestants went to great lengths to convert the Jews, who mostly refused. The Catholic Church used to pray that God should make the Jews see the light. Basically, they were always welcome to re-join Christianty (with a giant 'or else...'). It was only modern ideologies of race and nation that made assimiliation impossible.
Not the user you responded to BTW.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totenkopf

green self defence master race

LOL the whites killed more in Finland than the cheka anywhere

I'm with the Green army

>I'm a communist
>so I'll go with the red army
This is stupid no matter how you look at it

Good thing they already got rid of the tsar before the October revolution then

Not for good.

That's just cruel senpai

The one on the far right looks like a man in a wig

And had no Fifth column problems when the Reds went for round two in 1939.

Coincidence?

[citation urgently needed]

The two on the left just look like men.

Fuck man.

I don't get why they killed the children. They hadn't harmed anyone, and they could have been easily integrated in the soviet society.

They later deported entire families in cattle cars to Siberia. Most infants froze en route, and were thrown off at stops.

You really surprised?

Whites would probably have set up a kingdom in exile somewhere in yurop.

And as harsh as it sounds, killing the children may have been a strategically sound decision - can you imagine what would have happened during WWII if the Nazis had dangled peace, the church and the Tsardom in front of millions of starving peasant conscripts old enough to remember what life was like before the revolution?

>starving peasant conscripts old enough to remember what life was like before the revolution?

Shitty?

>06/16/16(Thu)04:32:59 No.1293545

That's superior Aryan blood for you.

Vlasov Army best Army.

youtube.com/watch?v=7O3sdE9azMI

>2016
>Communist
That's what capitalism does, it's like the post-apocalypse.

> Let's forget that city become like hundred times igger because one pretty house for 10 people is better than dozens for 10000 peoples. XD

>Unironically defending commie blocs

What exactly so bad about them? They don't look pretty at photographies is just one big meme.

Even the dumbest illiterate peasant knew who St. George was.

Literally no one who has ever been in one would ask.

The planning is shitty.
The rooms are tiny.
The ceilings are bomb-shelter low.
The sound isolation is poor. As in - hear the neighbours above, below, and on both sides of you.
External heat loss is massive.
All the piping is essentially derelict at this point, installed cheaply and crappily.
The electrical installation is terrible.

> The ceilings are bomb-shelter low.
I always forget about that. Mine commie blocks ceiling is like three meters high so you need to jump to even reach the ceiling with an arm.

Presumably a special project, my folks live in one as well - also about three meters.

But, say, in the very common 602. series of housing the ceilings are a miserable 2,55m.

Reminder that the Russian Civil War was the Syrian War of the 20th century.

Reminder that commies were the ISIS of their time.

Don't be silly user.

Russians don't kill Jews.

Only those nasty evil Germans do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Civil_War

Reds
4,500–5,500 killed in action
10,000 executed
2,000 missing
11,000–13,500 dead in prison camps

The Cheka killed WAY more than that, but still
>27 January – 15 May 1918 (3 months, 2 weeks and 4 days)
Damn, that's pretty impressive.

Those numbers are pretty much the low estimates for the Cheka at best

Not the guy who did the claim, but as a proportion of populace, Finnish whites killed something like 1.1% of the population. In USSR, 1.1% of the population around 1918-1922 would be something from 1.1 to 1.3 million people. Cheka's repression killed perhaps 150 000 to 200 000 people, which would make Finnish whites 5.5 times more deadly.

Their overall activity across Russia and post-Russian states as part of the Red Terror campaign estimates at least a million.

Bump

> Red and White, two sides of the same coin.
> Black is the only choice.

I'm a "not a dirty slav shitter" kind of guy

Sneaky germano kind of guy I take it?

Who was white had become red
Blood had stained him crimson.

Who was red had become white
Death had bleached him pale.

Anyone have some decent anti-commie movies about the period worth watching

Preferably with subs

>i'm a communist

bump

:0)