Fugazi techwear

Is buying fake techwear shit worth it? I love the aesthetics of it but can't rly afford a real acronym jacket or some Guerrilla-Group pants.
Also don't think about wearing this shit all the time so is copping replica shit from aliexpress or something? Never bought fake stuff till now but I'm spending too much on clothing already

Other urls found in this thread:

guerrilla-group.co/collections/new-releases/products/17s-es-tk03
daniel-chmielewski.squarespace.com/news/2016/12/2/headporter-for-haven-x-pac-equipped-bags
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To me the main point of techwear is the performance of the clothing. I imagine the quality of fake clothes would be worse so you'd lose out on that.

No, IMO - The entire cornerstone of techwear is unexpected notions (ie buttons, clips) that must often be manufactured to order. Even larger is the notion of "Tech Fabrics" as introduced first to outdoor sportsmen after time spent in military service. I'm talking Gore tex, treated ballistic nylons of high quality, expense adding features like extra zippers, magnet closures and taped seams.

You simply can't get this sort of a product for a pittance. Too much goes into the very core of its DNA in the way of materials and construction.

And to add, your best bet is to go to an H&M or a Zara and look at the construction of their most relevant garment. Make mental notes. Turn the garment inside out.

Now go to someplace proper (Even Century 21 if you know what you're doing), and repeat the process with a coveted garment of your choosing. Compare that thread tension, the uniformity and precision of the stitching. How the fabric is cut on the diagonal when it suits the design and flow of the garment.

I GUARANTEE its an experience that will change your relationship with fashion.

thanks for the responses,
I think these thoughs mainly apply to Jackets tho right? I've got a black Sherpa Adventure Jacket that was like 300$, water proof and stuff, It fits the techwear aspects at least a little. I'm thinking about a tech like shoulderbag would already make it more of a tech wear look already, I got cargo pants and a whole bunch of dark shoes but it's just not.. I don't know, gimmicky enough maybe? Do you guys own some tech stuff you'd recommend?

You gotta look at all this stuff and decide what's YOU. Shit, if we hung out for a day I could tell you. But it's hard to know from text.

sherpa isn't tech

thats the thing, with even shoulder bags and layering shirts (guerrilla-group.co/collections/new-releases/products/17s-es-tk03 80$ for that, what the fuck) being very pricey I'd like to wear some cheaper tech stuff to figure out what I actually like aesthetically and wearing more frequently before I invest some real money.

Even thought about doing some DIY cargo tech pants but I don't have a sewing machine myself and stuff.

Most interested in the shoulder bags right now, love the straps on fits like pic related

Sherpa Adventure Gear is Rain proof Outdoor garments desu

Just buy used. It's cheap

where?

Lmao hes wearing a final home parka, techwear before hugh was ripping off filipino manlets. You dont need Acronym or GG to be le techwear. Acronym quality isnt even that good lol.

This piece of shit cost $500.
This is what you get from Acronym: a piece of material cut off the roll raw and sold to tragic nerds who know nothing about real techwear. E is laughing all the way to the bank.

w2c that jacket?? acr? sisp?

this is true, that's a final home jacket. nothing better than mall quality clothing

if you're buying a $500 neck gaiter that's on you. some people have the money and enjoy the stuff, and that's fine. personally i think stuff like that is dumb.

some of the acronym jackets are really cool. it's stupid/nerdy/fun to play with gravity pockets and excessive pockets. but there are plenty of alternatives out there without spending dumb amounts of money.

final home. garbage brand, rob admits the jacket is a guilty pleasure.

acronym and its fans are fucking embarrassing

this shit is cringe and not even well made

its not fashionable so anyone into fashion is gonna laugh at you, its not performance so all the actual techwear outdoors guys will laugh at you, and it is not even authentic because hughs a hack who just rips off concepts made by actual designers years ago and puts a flex hypebeast angle on it to appeal to dumb instagram kids like valdizbro and karlnikolai

shit brand and its funny seeing people fall for it

>his smile and optimism gone

Really? I have a pair of P-10s and they're exceptionally well-made. They also fit very nicely. I think that they shoot the clothes with everyday shoes like nikes and vans and such to convey that their shit is for actual use, not just for techninja LARPing. I don't really think that it's a hypebeast thing either. Couldn't disagree with this post more

>he thinks techwear is about fashion
lol

>techwearfags think its about function

This random hikerfag I pulled off of google is probably completely waterproof and breathable with lightweight synthetic garments. Now is he honestly techwear? Could he post this fit on r/techwearclothing and get upvotes?

No.

Its pathetic techwearfaggots actually think its about function when it is just trademark marketing to get them to justify spending 2k on a fucking jacket for their 75F California weather.

Modern techwear exists solely as Acronym, and anything else is just an attempt to fit in Acronym's vision. Functional textiles or not.

And Acronym is poorly made cosplay larp that you can't even hike or do snowsports in.

>Now is he honestly techwear? Could he post this fit on r/techwearclothing and get upvotes?

Yes he can. Go ahead and try it, see what happens, bitch.

what did acronym do to you lol

>durr this isnt techwear uhh where is the kakashi blade runner potion seller vibes durrr xD

techwear is actually a term used by the outdoors guys. faggots like hugh appropriated it despite their stuff being nike tier in terms of actual climate protection

lol no. multiple reports of p10s splitting seams and getting holes during casual use. They are a piece of shit for the price

How does a modestfag get into hiker tech? I don't want to get memed at REI, but I want good value for the money

REI co op is a good house brand
I have p10s too and the tore a hole in it after brushing up against a brick wall.

Acronym is populated exclusively by hypebeasts, stop lying to yourself, it came out of sufu which is the pretentious version of hypebeast forums. No one serious wears acronym. Serious athletes and alpinist wear Arc'Teryx. John Mayer is the only notable person to sport acronym, and surprise surprise hes a nike collectiving visvim dressed poofta.

>
>And Acronym is poorly made cosplay larp that you can't even hike or do snowsports in.
T. Jealous faggot who cannot afford it.

Fakes have no performance and only losers wear them who can't buy the real deal.

you people say that yet the dweebs posting techwear fits and the tech "community" gives literally no fucks about actual technical qualities of the clothing

It's actual simple as fuck
Just visit your local outdoor/hiking stores, take notes on the brands and start googling for shops selling similar shit and get more brands. You will probably have list of 20+ something brands that do excellent quality performance clothing, it's not even hard to go full ninja on the gear unless you have literally no imagination and creativity.
Oh and you can find this stuff very cheaply second hand or buy last season stuff. But the techear community won't give a fuck cause it's not acronym or gorilla group

what did this thread even turn into, jeez

this wasnt supposed to be a "does techwear shit looks good or not" dudes.
It's okay if you hate on acronym or whatever, I couldnt care less. I just love the look

To actually answer your question, I got burned on a fake jacket on eBay a couple of months back, I tried to return it but the seller stupidly shut down his account so I got awarded the full refund as well as the jacket. After wearing it for about 6 weeks on and off some of the stitches are already coming loose, the tab to hang the jacket off has broken and the zips keep getting stuck. As for waterproofing, it keeps me dry, although it lacks any real sort of breathability. I got it for free though so I can't complain

I have had multiple pairs of P10s, P23s, a j1b and another shell. I also own a lot of veilance, ACG, and mainline arcteryx.

So no, I can afford this shit easily.

Damn so the quality is actually on par with Acronym

can you suggest me a shoulder bag somewhat related to like last picture in the thread man?

I think @edg.e is wearing a head porter waist bag...or something similar to it.

daniel-chmielewski.squarespace.com/news/2016/12/2/headporter-for-haven-x-pac-equipped-bags

Acronym quality is meh in my experience. There is a certain level of quality with the gore-tex stuff because gore requires it for trademarking, but in my experience I always feel afraid im going to fuck something up if I take it hiking or to the snow.

It really is just for fat asians to wear from the subway station to their office.

>Acronym quality is meh in my experience. There is a certain level of quality with the gore-tex stuff because gore requires it for trademarking, but in my experience I always feel afraid im going to fuck something up if I take it hiking or to the snow.
In all honesty, I find this almost offensive of the brand, I feel like if you are going to do high fashion take on technical clothing, it's the base requirement to be at the absolute top in the actual TECHNICAL part, you can be the next deanna fernetti of knits on design department but who gives a flying fuck if you just order everything as cheaply produced acrylic from china
But acronym gets a pass
Massimo Osti the real king of techwear, Errolson is the streetfuccboitech presentation

>wanting to look like an edgy video game character instead of an adult.

>instead of an adult.
enjoy being a boring fuck then, 95% of Veeky Forums isn't exacly adult.

>uses the word edgy unironically
spot the numale faggot

>uses the word numale unironically
>is offended when called edgy

hello underage

Ur stoopid

how did u get butthurt by this haha
numales are so easy to trigger hehe

>u look edgy
>wow u r a numale xD

found the newfag

The best part about techwear is that REI has the best return/warranty policy.

>Buy a backpack
>Beat the ever living shit out of it for a few years
>Take it back with the receipt
>Get refunded the full value of the backpack and buy brand new TNF backpack

The problem with Acronym is they market themselves as hyperfunctional and "tech"...but all of their features are gimmicks that dont work.

>Force Lock
comes undone when you stand up (p10)
>gravity pockets
im possible to use quickly or put back, really have to get it down unless you want to break your phone
>interops
only works with acronym bags which are already waterproof, gives you a dumb poof look
>jacket sling
probably only useful thing that works

Point is, for the price you spend its loaded up with gimmicks no one actually uses. Atleast Arcteryx and TNF have alpinist on the payroll who abuse the gear as proof it holds up.

Look, I know ACR is expensive and thus unattainable for kids like you, but this bitter jealousy has to stop.

ACR is the best of the best when it comes to performance their designs are something no one else in the world is doing or has done before. It is literally the future of clothing.

So please stop trying to spread disinformation because of your jealousy.