Look into university history curriculums

>look into university history curriculums
>60% courses are about national history of my irrelevant Balkan state
>the rest is minor courses on european history

Why are national programs so terrible? This is why Europe needs to be violently integrated and cured of its national myths.

Bump

Any State sponsored university has a unstated interest in keeping the State happy. Be too controversial and they pull funding.

That last panel would work better as a pompei graffiti. Real reason why I posted.

I don't want to live in the same country as Slavs and Swedes, go away.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing, you post-nationalist fuck?

Not everyone else's fault your nation's history is irrelevant.

It is you fucking retard balkan history is uninstresting as fuck and we learn about it from grade 1
Also that woman is subhuman teir ugly

>This is why Europe needs to be violently integrated and cured of its national myths

Yeah, that went well.

Why do balkaniggers love black women so much?

I wish I would have been teached more stuff about my region, be happy that you guys actually care for your heritage.

Based shaped country in history.

Fucking Serbs ruining everything.

Is it true that Gavrilo Princip is a hero in Serbia?

I'm not particularly nationalist but I enjoy the amount of Irish history in education. It's very interesting to learn about stuff that was once happening pretty nearby.

Sure beats learning about the many, many trans-continental wars over fucking nothing or reading books written by diverse authors or some shit.

He led to the death of half the Serbian men in Serbia, he's a hero everywhere in the world.

But private universities in the Balkans are widely known to be shit. You can basically buy a degree, and state universities are pretty strict because they aim to lower the amount of students that get free tuition.
>he doesn't want to learn his own history
Don't get me started.
Depends.
He's somewhat controversial, he is considered a freedom fighter.
1/3 of the Serbian population died, and half of the male population died.
But blaming him for WW1 is the most narrow-minded thing i can think of, as it was an event 30+ years in the making.
There is no doubt that WW1 was going to happen, but it could have avoided the Balkans, something else could have triggered it.

>studying history in uni
>a state uni in the Balkans

Don't do that, my friend. Each semester I have one or two history exams and most of the old people who teach there still think the way they did before 1989. You don't have to pay money to be taught how to read sources.

Not true, not every state university, unlike in the US, here (not everywhere granted) public schools are better by miles.

Also, it boggles my mind why people interested in the history of any period before the end of the Medieval ages would choose to focus on history and not archaeology.

This. Actually studying history in uni is not worth it. Just buy some books.

Who else is best for studying the history of an irrelevant country than its inhabitants, who live over its archeological record, know the language, and actually have a vested interest in preserving their identity?

I feel like irrelevant has become a dirty word on /int/ and similar boards.
But it shouldn't really, since there is only one relevant country in the world, but each country should work to preserve it's own culture.