Why I despise fashion nowadays (specifically hypebeast culture)

Found this YouTube series during the week and rustles my jimmies something serious.

"How Much Is Your Outfit? ft. $3,000 OUTFITS!!!!!! PART 12"

youtube.com/watch?v=US0vk8O0Ohc

Seems to be that to be "fashion forward" nowadays you just need to blow money on name brand garbage

What annoys me most is a lot of them are teens so you can be sure 90% of them have mummy and daddy paying for their shit I find that so sad. Spending a k on a pair of limited trainers? Bruh you could go spend a few weeks inter railing for that and gain some life experience and have a great time.

I'm not as big into fashion as I was. Being 24 and putting myself through uni every bit of extra money is spent on expenses and travel but even if I wasn't a poorfag atm I still wouldn't be shelling out my cash on some name brand garbage. Like if you want to pick up a Raf jumper that looks class and you have the disposable to do so, shit do you man I aint judging.

But 90% of this trash is ugly af and if there wasn't a supreme, gucci etc. logo on it it wouldn't be sought after.

In the vids it's the people who have a mix of name brand and highstreet fashion that look the best.

Kids these days IDEK know man...

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/08/the-age-of-entitlement-how-wealth-breeds-narcissism
healthland.time.com/2013/08/20/wealthy-selfies-how-being-rich-increases-narcissism/
psychologytoday.com/blog/ulterior-motives/201401/rich-entitled-and-narcissistic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_community_of_Düsseldorf#Demographics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Brazilians
youtube.com/watch?v=oQ1kAz_LviY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this isn't new or something people don't realize
big reason why streetwear is on the rise and gucci is successful doing exactly what they are doing is because of internet culture and 'instagram generation'
branding, huge noticeable and loud things look better on social media and photos and gain more popularity than something more muted and subtle

>What annoys me most is a lot of them are teens so you can be sure 90% of them have mummy and daddy paying for their shit I find that so sad. Spending a k on a pair of limited trainers? Bruh you could go spend a few weeks inter railing for that and gain some life experience and have a great time.
and this is fucking retarded desu, they are rich as fuck they probably afford both
and even if they chose fashion over travelling, so fucking what, maybe they would have never thought about interrailing and spent the money somewhere else, people don't all think like you, better tear that band aid off at this point before you embarrass yourself in real life

>and even if they chose fashion over travelling, so fucking what, maybe they would have never thought about interrailing and spent the money somewhere else, people don't all think like you, better tear that band aid off at this point before you embarrass yourself in real life

I can still have an opinion on it you narcissistic faggot. Choosing a pair of trainers over a few weeks of travel with mates seems retarded to me and not to you that's fine.

Normies are a mistake

>Money doesn't influence the brand on designing and appareling which audience

>I can still have an opinion on it
I didn't say you couldn't.
Despite what you probably like to think, you weren't the high concept free thinking critical individual when you were 14 either, like you said, they are kids, give them a fucking break.
how in the fuck is that related to anything I said

/congrats, you are not the demographic!

Wtf, why are clothes that expensive sold to literal children?

People have been flaunting their wealth with tacky clothing since ancient times, except instead of diamond entrusted tiger skins now it's cotton t-shirts with a stupid print on them

You're only mad because you're subconsciously jealous that they or their parents can afford to waste money on this shit and you can't

If you weren't jealous you wouldn't care one way or the other

You dont get to define tasteful spending. Not any more than you can define freedom and pursuit of happiness.

>You're only mad because you're subconsciously jealous that they or their parents can afford to waste money on this shit and you can't

I'm jealous that I can't afford a Gieves & Hawkes tailored suit not this stuff. And nah pretty happy being born lower-middle class gave me a strong work ethic and little sense of entitlement my privileged friends wouldn't waste their money on this garbage.
That's not me and your logic is strong.

>People
Yes, but not literal children.

>and spends his money tastefully
You do realize that these kinda categories are completely arbitrary and subjective to your taste right? Like none of these kids actually know what goes in your head, in fact, they probably don't care nor do they do anything they do to get specifically YOUR approval because you are irrelevant in every context.
You are saying that you have no issue with someone spending money on things you approve him spending the money on, that's kinda fucking obvious statement, don't you think?

>And nah pretty happy being born lower-middle class gave me a strong work ethic and little sense of entitlement
Damn that projecting, so all rich kids have poor ethic and sense of entitlement because that way you get to feel better about you being poor?
You are jealous as fuck aren't you

someone get these hotheads outta here

>Damn that projecting, so all rich kids have poor ethic and sense of entitlement
lol nope. Ithere are plent of upper middle class with the same traits but as a rule of thumb yup the wealthy have and unwarranted sense of entitlement. Try harder boyo

>tend to agree
Wow sorry didn't realize you have scientific objective data on analysis of what is 'tasteful'
>as a rule of thumb
Hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself, it's all fair I guess.
Maybe the kids dress in gucci and supreme for the same reason, you have lot in common really.

>Hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself, it's all fair I guess.
Dat passive aggression magnifique. Have a nice a nice day dude x

>passive aggression
That isn't passive-aggressive friend, I have no ill intention saying that, if it helps, then do it, people cope with all types of ways, if that is what keeps your spirit and morale going it's probably for the best

>so all rich kids have poor ethic and sense of entitlement because that way you get to feel better about you being poor?
now this is projection
bravo nolan

Cause who else would buy them?

the man actually admitted he thinks like that you silly goose

Yeah you can have an opinion by why so bitter anonatron

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/08/the-age-of-entitlement-how-wealth-breeds-narcissism
healthland.time.com/2013/08/20/wealthy-selfies-how-being-rich-increases-narcissism/
psychologytoday.com/blog/ulterior-motives/201401/rich-entitled-and-narcissistic

The real question though is why do they all look like utter shit? There's really fuck all co-ordination in most of those outfits.

they are fucking kids
you'd be lucky to find one in hundred who has some idea what they are doing

>chinks wearing $3000 outfits
Honestly, I live in Düsseldorf, Germany (biggest Japanese community outside of Japan). They dress super-nicely. No flexing, but everything looks good and not out-fo-place. Now chinks at my university are literally niggers with yellow skin color. Is there even an explanation for this? I udnerstand their parents run some factory with children, but howcan you have so much money and zero taste?

definitely the case here too, they are from drastically different cultures and the Chinese are probably of recent wealth.

(((Cultural))) revolution

I watched a couple of these and somehow it's always the asian kid who actually dresses nice and doesn't flaunt logos and brands that much.
Pretty ironic compared to what i'm used to

and I'm not talking about the kid in Vetements and Gucci. Jesus christ what an abomination of an outfit.

Just as expected nicest outfits are a mix of basics and some high-fashion interesting statement piece. Overdoing it looks like ass. Fa shits on minimalism all the time, yet irl it's mostly rather minimal fits that end up looking good.

so this?

>now it's cotton t-shirts with a stupid print on them
and goth ninja techwear

i personally dislike those gats but yeah you get the point.

That RRL cardigan does not pair well with the Margiela GATs

> Being tacky near fancy things
This is the most Arab thing I have seen today.

w2c jacket?

Would you prefer this or OP's kid's tryna to flex?

Their parents

>/v/ is calling you

You have brain-problems if you are over 20 and have successful job yet dress in hypebeast-wigger shit like you are still in high school.

Guys, doesn't the goverments tricks us all to waste our money on useless stuff, enforced by music industry and pop culture??

>fashion is consumerist crap
Nothing new here pal. Buying nice quality clothes that last you long or have itneresting artistic design and materials to them is okay. Now camping to buy a bogo or latest hyped sneakers "designed" by your fav. pop-star is capitalist's dream.

tricks brainlets ya

>Düsseldorf, Germany
>(biggest Japanese community outside of Japan)

Thats wrong tho. Its Brazil.

all of their fits are worse than a standard basic jeans and tee. disgusting

I like their casual positive attitude though, except for that one grimy nigger

The Jews are winning off of insecurity of teens. What's new?

rich coming from Germancuck lmao from pleb city

oh bloody hell, do I have to make a choice? The whole scene seems to be just about selling other peoples shit rather than the art of it now. This one knows .

christ, i will never understand these things

that gucci belt...looks like a seatbelt at a carnival ride for niggers...looks like a clown belt

You mean 100%

what?

Funny thing that the less they spent, the better outfits they had, lol

not to defend these spergs but this is not worse than people wearing all black (aka. what 90% of Veeky Forums considers to be the epitome of fashion, I mean just look at that Veeky Forums meetup picture) and shitting on hypebeast faggots as if their basic ass sense of fashion is superior and more sophisticated. I teach in a high school and all black + white sneakers is basically the graphic tee + jeans of this generation.

how are the people from the kunstakademie? Do they dress effay? There's this one cutie I like following on insta who loves blue

chinks literally have no soul and thus they have no fashion sense either

Germany overall is pretty un-effay. I don't study art, so I dunno, but people around the uni look like your typical art hoes. I know a girl who goes there and she is egomaniac and delusional af, but again her parents have a lot of dosh so she at least shouldn't be afraid of ending jobless like 80% of students who go there.

>so she at least shouldn't be afraid of ending jobless like 80% of students who go there.
sigh, so true. But desu I kinda dig the rich parents art hoe look.

Full black might be boring, but at least it really hard to fuck such an outfit up. It's cheap & looks good. Now hypebeast shit is expensive & looks like shit.

>looks ok.
>ftfy
also boring and unoriginal. It looks good when the materials are high quality but who does that in this shithole?

>Japanese community
>in Germany

> Akira Arikawa, stated that of all of the cities in the world outside Japan, Düsseldorf had the highest concentration of Japanese residents

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_community_of_Düsseldorf#Demographics

Link insta

If he had gone for the normal gats it would've been better or another jacket so that the paint splatter works better.

I laughed
I cried
I came
I can't even share this moment but I will treasure it

>People have been flaunting their wealth with tacky clothing since ancient times
yeah but quality, not hypebeast garbage

I have trouble understanding why u care this much

>As of the 2010s 6,500 Japanese resided in the city.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Brazilians
>According to the IBGE, as of 2009 there were approximately 1.6 million people of Japanese descent in Brazil, and estimated at just under 1.5 million as of 2014.

Brazil has 208M people and 1.6M are Japanese
Dussledorf has 6500 in a city of 60000
The other guy is right

it's private. She's a real QT though damn

average trash kraut cunt

i'm sure they're not evenly spread across brazil

>chinks at my university are literally niggers with yellow skin color. Is there even an explanation for this? I udnerstand their parents run some factory with children, but howcan you have so much money and zero taste?

This.

Also try living in London, it's all over my fucking city not just unis. But you get the occasional people that dress nice, typically it isn't branded shit when they do

hahahahahahaha
they got ripped off
hahahahahahaha
and boy do they look like shit

If that wasnt passive aggresive id hate to see you passive

oh hey, trash. speaking of trash, heres more trash that was released yesterday.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ1kAz_LviY

why is it always scrawny suburban white kids

no place in counterculture for cacs baka

>ywn be a rich white kid
fml

niggers cant into subcultures, leave it to other races.

>the nose
I mean...

>that nose
"white"
come on user haven't you learned anything on this website

Reminder that working out is modern couture and doing press ups is free.

well if it makes u feel better i dont eat mayonaise coz its cultural appropriation

leave it to #cacculture

asian dude in the gucci track pants spend 3k to look like he went out on laundry day lmao

Yup it's fucking cancer. Over here too the average 16 year old happily slaves away for a month in the supermarket so he can buy a Stone Island sweater at the end of it.

I think it's really bad for young kids getting into hype shit, they're going to grow up thinking wasting money on trends is okay, and their spending habits will be really bad

>kids working for money

Eww, absolutely disgusting!

I think parents buying 500 dollar sneakers is a new thing for sure

>their parents can afford
some parents take loans to buy stupid shit

back in the day people at least could tell when your clothes cost something cos you looked different, these bozos just look like every other kid on the block

maybe it's japanese vs rich chinese

if he wasn't sand nigger I would let him live

>have to tell lies even in the internet

>ebay
>item name
>cheapest with shipping
this saves me a lot but I often think the search doesn't work as good as it should cos you supposed to have chepest options there but then you go to item and see on related items same shit but cheaper price and that item didn't show up in your search