What are some adjustments I could do here? We agreed to shortening the sleeves and making the chest a bit smaller...

What are some adjustments I could do here? We agreed to shortening the sleeves and making the chest a bit smaller. What are some additional adjustments to be made here?

slimmer waist

Don't do this

whats with that retarded stitching op

can't really tell from his build but I think he would benefit from it. What's your take?

it's obviously not finished retard

It's called basted stitching. Most likely this is a fitting for a bespoke jacket. Basically this is where the tailor makes adjustments to the for before finishing the jacket.

That's the new look for winter 2017.

It's called "Just fuck my shit up senpai I can't even watch a 5 minute video on JewTube about bespoke suiting"

Also here's the back

what the fuck is going on on the back.

It has a pleated back with a yolk. It was a sporty detail common in the 1900s till about the late 40s, made a comeback in the 1970s. Always wanted a jacket like that but it's not for everyone.

Jacket looks a bit bottom heavy. Ask them to open up the bottom quarters

Nice back detail op

You look like a 70's game show host. Please stop.

>gets bespoke tailoring
>asks Veeky Forums what to change
Are you retarded? It's your fucking tailor's JOB to do this shit, don't ask a bunch of underage plebs on a Batavian tulip-trade exchange what you should do like they'd know better. Jesus ,why would you even go to a tailor if you have that low confidence in his skills?

Fucking Christ. I hope you'll be embarrassed as hell about this one day.

>yolk
Yoke, mong, yoke!

Jesus, all I asked is for second hand opinions. I know the man knows how to do his job, he's done jackets, shirts and pants for me in the past and I trust him and I've seen him doing paper patterns, doing the cutting himself with his wife so I know he's also not outsourcing his work like some tailors do or doing mtm.
All in all, I'm just asking for second opinions. I know what I like and I know he's competent but it never hurts to ask for other's opinions.

>
>Jesus, all I asked is for second hand opinions. I know the man knows how to do his job, he's done jackets, shirts and pants for me in the past and I trust him and I've seen him doing paper patterns, doing the cutting himself with his wife so I know he's also not outsourcing his work like some tailors do or doing mtm.
>All in all, I'm just asking for second opinions. I know what I like and I know he's competent but it never hurts to ask for other's opinions.

Geez guys give him a break. IMO only need to take in the waist and chest a bit more bro

>man
>slim waist
slim waist makes your hips bigger, you will look like a bitch

Depends. People like to slim down the waist but at the same time eschew any padding in the shoulder s. Now for some people this might not be w bad thing if they got the physic. For the average person if they want any shape in the waist they will need padding lest they look pear shaped in their jackets. I think the waist is fine here.

Are we all going to just ignore this terrible color scheme?

it also makes your chest and shoulders look bigger, that is if you don't look like a bitch to begin with

The sleeves are a good length

Looks good, who's making this for you? Rec your tailor

Yes, because we're not idiots and we know he's worn a different coat on the way to his tailor, then taken it off for the fitting. This isn't him posting a fit, it's literally a WIP shot.

He's an older Mexican tailor here in Houston. Has been tailoring work back in his teens when he apprenticed with his older brother. So he's been in the business for over 50 years. Mostly focuses on the more conservative side of things but he can do different styles if you ask him.

>he's been in the business for over 50 years. Mostly focuses on the more conservative side of things
Shit, das gude. Shame I don't live anywhere remotely close to Houston.

Oh what the fuck, user?

If this is your first bespoke jacket, you're a tryhard for getting that shit. Same for true blue.

If you've gotten several, why do you even need to ask about the fit? You should know by now.

Yee I've gotten a few. I got the basics covered down, I thought this time I would go with something different this time and it's nice fabric. Pure cashmere with weight to it, not that flimsy cheap stuff, with a nice sheen and touch. Now thinking about it the style might have been better served with a more rougher fabric. Either way it's a casual piece.
But as I said earlier it doesn't hurt to ask others

Better close up

Looks nice, I like the colour.

>Pure cashmere
nice