British army info?

Hey, Veeky Forums here. I am an avid 0layer of historical war games and war games in general. I just started a ww2 British army. I am a yank so I have very little idea about the British army during this era as nobody really talks about the Brita here in burgerland.

I was looking to see if any of you could give me good sources to poke around for info on British army organization during that era.

If you have any info that you would like to post here about the British army and it's organization in the 1940s (especially 43-45) I would be very grateful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1o9q5Xh69AM
mega.nz/#F!IMpzGSpb!UDnCCWNtBuo2QRdyuT6bzQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That Brit has a Thompson and is literally just Sean Connery.

Sickenkng

I just pulled the pick from online. Any sources boss?

Give him a STEN or bren gun

I didn't draw that shit tho b0ss

Depends, senpai. What units are you most interested in?

what are you lads talking about, the brits used the thompson too.

Mostly infantry but I need to know it all b0ss

dude why are they all manlets lmao

What guns are they supposed to be holding? They look like giant versions of SMGs but I could be wrong.

>everybody forgets about lend lease

on a trip to Russia years ago, I saw a demilled lend-lease Thompson 1928 with Russian proof marks.

>giant versions of SMGs
>SMGs

I know this isn't /k/, but c'mon guys

posted before clarifying that while the Brits got Thompsons lend-lease (the SMG the USGI and the Brit have), their SMG was the Sten (with Aussies using the similar Owen)

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

I do. Saying that they "all look like SMGs" is stupid. Because submachine gun is a class of automatic weapons firing pistol cartridges. That's like saying "those all look like sedans" when people are saying the wrong sedan is in a picture.

I feel your pain bro. I've made dumb fucking posts before, and realized I can't delete my posts until a longass time passes, during which someone would reply to me anyway.

>all those cumbersome uniforms and equipment
the japs were the only ones doing it in style it seems... they might have to resort to eat their fallen comrades due to lack of food and a broken supply chain, but at least they didn't look like a fucking juggernaut

WILL ONE OF YOU PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION? Just give me a source PLEASE.

The theme of the brits seem to be torn between dogmatic outdated doctrine and being absolute madmen who pull off some crazy shit and make do with what little they have.

I'll probably catch some flak for this but Jeremy Clarkson's documentaries about the victoria cross and the greatest raid of all are great. Dunno how accurate the telling is, but it sure is enthusiastic.

The British had a shit ton of Thompson guns. The Stens appeared when they started expanding their army in preparation for war on the continent in order to keep their growing army armed. After the war a lot of the Thompsons got shipped over to Northern Ireland where they would sit in RUC and B-Specials barracks until they got stolen by the IRA during the raids of the 50s and 60s and were let loose on the British Army and RUC throughout the early days of The Troubles.

they paid out the ass for them too

youtube.com/watch?v=1o9q5Xh69AM

Pic related

mega.nz/#F!IMpzGSpb!UDnCCWNtBuo2QRdyuT6bzQ

any specific battles/campaigns?