Post Veeky Forumstorical maps

Post Veeky Forumstorical maps

That is one lazy fucking map considering the Romans knew damn well where to place the Hadrian and Antonine walls by determining the thinnest part of Britain with accuracy.

But you gotta be fucking kidding me about southern Italy though. That there has simply NO excuse to fuck up, while getting southern Greece somewhat correct.

First map to show the Americas as a separate continent from Asia (1507)

This is my kind of thread. Anyone has any wishes what I should post?

Forgot to mention, I have a bunch of everything; linguistic, ethnic, historical,...maps.

Another Hungary

Hungary it is.

got any larger scale historical maps? i fucking love looking at how all the historical empires were laid out and interacted and shit

I would say that this map is a nice representation of interaction between different groups of people. No empires in this one, though.

On the other hand, you may prefer this one.

This is actually pretty damn cool, the perspective is kinda funky though.
I didn't realize that there was an independent kingdom of burgundy in ~1000, learn something everyday I guess!

As far as I know, it became part of the HRE pretty soon in the 11th century.

jesus the HRE had some ugly internal borders...

This Burgundy was actually a vassal of France. Blame feudalism for borders like this all over Europe.

Why are map threads always the most fun?
>no shitposting
>no shitflinging
>no muh opinion is right
>no religious arguements

Truly, map threads have remained the same since day 1.

You can only be vassal of a person, not of a country.
So the Duke of Burgundy wasn't a vassal of France. He was a vassal of the King of France. But only for his western possessions (Flanders & Burgundy).
For his eastern possessions (Holland, Brabant, Luxembourg, Franche Comté) he was a vassal of the Holy Roman Emperor.

>You can only be vassal of a person, not of a country.
Alright, you've got a point.

Thanks for the clarification on the division of the Duchy. I asn't aware of that. I didn't know that.
I suppose that's what the red border in this map represents, then.

Martin Waldseemüller and Matthias Ringmann who made this map also came up with and established the name America for the New World.

I'm tempted to point out that they explicitly named it America, not the Americas.

I've got something similar.

>using mercator projection
why are fugging turks such white supremacists?

>Piri Reis
Absolutely based.