So, I've saved up some money ($10,000) and I'm ready to start buying stuff...

So, I've saved up some money ($10,000) and I'm ready to start buying stuff, but first I'd like to hear your honest opinions on these things. It would be nice if you could tell me how you feel about these things and whether they're good or not, thanks.

>Fear of God
>Off-White™
>Supreme
>Palace
>Ultra Boost
>Bape
>Cav Empt
>Kith
>NMD Boost
>Y-3
>APC Jeans
>Saint Laurent the boots
>Yeezy Boost
>Vans
>Celine
>the guy from Off-White
>Tom Ford fragrances
>Yeezy Season
>Alexander to the Wang
>NM Joe Jeans
>Balenciaga Speed Trainer
>VLONE
>YSL fragrances
>True Religion jeans
>Goyard belts
>Givenchy jeans
>Calvin Klein creative director

Do you want to dress like a recent immigrant?

Why do you need Veeky Forumss approval to buy stuff? Just do it. And fuck true religion

all shit.
Buy ACRNM, Nike, and Rick Owens exclusively

>Supreme
>Off-White
>Cav Empt
>Vans
>Tom Ford

>shit

the fuck

>vans
I hope you didn't write this because of the meme skools

You'll be the coolest kid in high school

>Fear of God
No
>Off-White™
Very few good items
>Supreme
Good cut and sew shirts, becoming near impossible to buy regularly due to HYPE
>Palace
Decent quality, Pretty much Supreme Jr
>Ultra Boost
Meme
>Bape
Ching Chong
>Cav Empt
Pricy but great
>Kith
Sneakerhead clothes, pretty corny
>NMD Boost
Mainstream street sneakers, some okay colorways
>Y-3
Expensive, often not worth standard retail, but has some great items
>APC Jeans
Good quality jeans and clothing, nice and minimal
>Saint Laurent the boots
Ching Chong
>Yeezy Boost
Hype, Ching Chong, Comfy
>Vans
Great for the price, Black and White Old Skool are MEME
>Celine
Why is this even on this list?
>the guy from Off-White
Same as off white, Smart guy though
>Tom Ford fragrances
Smell great
>Yeezy Season
Trash
>Alexander to the Wang
Pretty mediocre
>NM Joe Jeans
Decent jeans
MEME
>VLONE
RAPIST BRAND AVOID
>YSL fragrances
Smell great
>True Religion jeans
Bix Nood
>Goyard belts
Meme
>Givenchy jeans
Just don’t
Raf is cool

You have the down payment to a small home or a decent car and you're buy meme fashion with it?

Are you... Nah. This has to be bait. I mean, you could start a small business with that kind of money. You could just drop it into an independent fund full of Blue Chip stocks, gold backed bonds & shit, then be nicely equipped at 30 ..

But you're buying these things instead?
.Nothing will change within you, once you 'resit alone in your room surrounded by empty boxes in the end. Ever. Know that.

>all these retards falling for the bait

>>Celine
>Why is this even on this list?
lol because my gf asked me to buy her Celine stuff when I told her how much I saved

Don't fall for the memes, dress how you usually would, buy cheap stuff, overpriced shit is just not worth it, because literally no one gives a fuck, and those 1 or 2 people who will recognize your brands are usually extremely superficial people and not worth talking to. You gain nothing from this.

All fashion is made ironically. The whole goal of the industry is to make things look as ridiculous as possible and see who actually emptied their pockets for it.

Save more money and buy an apartment.

i refuse to believe you're a real person

Celine is a high end luxury designer in which you’d spend thousands per item.

Save up 20k and then buy 7k worth. Spend money where it really matters, unless the only thing you love in life is hype clothing.

I didn't see Acronym on that list, looks like you can afford about 2 fits head to toe full tech ninja, or maybe 1 depending on the pieces. worth it

(you)
>>>/gonna/
>>>/pump/
>>>/my_gas/
>>>/one_day/

Why would you say that?

I don't think they can afford these clothes though.

I just want to know how Veeky Forums feels about these brands/people.

"lol"

I didn't thank you for posting this, so I will now: Thanks.

Why are you even here?

Why? I really did save $10,000 though, I've been working super hard for the last 2 years.

>blowing $10,000 on fad brands
This is why you're poor.

lol cav empt is literally no better than other stuff, trash streetwear brand for r/streetwear kiddies

Unless you spend your time around people who will recognize those clothes, it's a waste of money to go designer, IMO.

this is what real fashion is, kid

Just don't let the clothes wear you :O)

This.

For me, when I buy a designer piece I need to be totally okay with the thought of somehow destroying it. Clothes are meant to be worn and I can't be thinking about the items resell value every time I scuff my shoe or something. If you're tip toeing around in your clothes and constantly have their safety on your mind then you aren't wearing the clothes, the clothes are wearing you. That being said, I try not to wear them in situations I know I'll get sweaty or dirty but it's not the end of the world if that happens. In the end, they're just clothes. I typically wear them any occasion I'll see friends or go out to socialize.

I sold or donated most of my non-designer clothes to force myself to confront the idea of destroying them. I kinda just think of them as clothes at this point and wear two or three articles everyday.

Invest it and not waste it all on stupid shit like a lot of these kids would.

I'd roll at least some of it into long term investments, keep that money making money. Maybe with an eye on future property acquisition for my golden years.

Take a nice vacation. Even if you can't cast it all off and go /trv/ for a year, spend a few weeks in Vegas or Ecuador learning to surf or something similar.

Spend it on stuff you honestly like regardless of brand, I wouldn't really go for any of that streetwear/hypebeast shit unless you are really into it, never pay resell. Make sure your wardrobe is cohesive and don't get too much of the same stuff. Don't spend all of it at the same time, figure out what is most important for you right now and fill the rest accordingly. Inform yourself about the specific piece you want to purchase and if possible try them on. Check grailed for the items you are looking for, sometimes you can make some really good deals there. 10k is a lot of money but not that much to spend on designer pieces so always look to get the best bang for your buck.

Don't listen to the h8rs, spending 10k on clothes that you probably can't put together or look good in is 100% worth it. Do it.

Do you feel pain with autism?

Why don't you just respect what other people want to wear? Not everyone wants to dress fashcore, not everyone wants to dress in menswear. This is why this board has turned to shit. Everyone is too busy sperging out on each other to contribute to good threads.

This didn't need to be it's own thread btw

uh id just get a bunch of uniqlo and maybe a few personality pieces

All I'm saying is that they should definitely buy all those clothes, it is a sensible and rational financial decision to make.

No one will know you're wearing Tom Ford or Raf, you're better off just being a normie and getting some Yeezys.

Yes, they are all shit. Especially off white

holy shit this has to be bait right?

If it aint bape it don't rate

why?

>telling your gf how much money you have

Wow hahahahahahahahaha

buy a full wardobe of uniqlos and buy anything another thing with the rest of your money

Develope your own style retard.
imho being a poorfag is better for fashion since restriction brings innovation

Its really lame to see wealthy people get into fashion since the first thing theyll cop is either
>full [insert expensive brand here]
>the most hype shit aviable at the moment
their fits look really bland and the person wearing them lacks respect for the individual pieces they own.

10K of regret and awkward fits. Boyyy you will be getting all the middle schoolers

Here's the best advice, buy what you like

maybe that’s what he wants

spend 3k on a fursuit, 2k on full OFF-WHITE "GARMENT" 5k on an undercover cloak

Same guys who shit on all streetwear wear full Rick

Really makes you think

those clothes are trash .. and too expensive .. how can you want to wear such thing ?

If you truly want to be fashionable invest in some Haider, period pieces from Helmut and Margiela(from when they were still designing), Dior Homme under Hedi, Alexander McQueen.

Get some jackets from By Walid.

>So, I've saved up some money ($10,000) and I'm ready to start buying stuff,

Nigga wat

How many layers of hypebeast is OP on?

>spending $10,000 on clothes..
Nice money management you high school dweeb

You don't need alot of money to dress nice, invest your money or use it towards something that you actually need.

>Develope your own style retard.
If you're so smart why don't you post your own, "developed" style? You fucking imbecile.

Wait, why are people assuming that OP is going to buy anything by those streetwear brands?

He's just asking you how you feel about them, he never said he's interested in getting their items.

>>spending $10,000 on clothes..

Why are you even here?

Damn I got the APC jeans.
Damn, rockin the Givenchy jeans.
Yeah, you rockin New 7 Jeans.

listen to this man

But user, you're the retard.
>I'd like to hear your honest opinions on these things

>good threads
where?

FOG and V Lone are great when you are in middle school

what in the fuck is up with your periods bro

The 5th yeezy season is pretty cool
New off-white is decent
Hedi SLP is decent
All boosts are pure shit
Old supreme is good
Palace is cancer
Cav empt is decent
Y-3 is shit, Yohji mainline is much better
Raf simons Calvin Klein is pretty good
Thom Browne is decent
All others are shit

Regardless of how much money you have, if you're just now going to start investing in your appearance, and going to blow your financial load everywhere without any grounding in the understanding of clothing and appearance, tailoring, pairing, and et cetera, you will just be wasting your money.

I am warning you now. You will spend all of your money on overpriced threads that you won't look good in (99% chance you aren't some tall, lithe korean pretty-boy), and it seems most people in this thread are suggesting the same. If you're going to spend a lot of money, at least spend it on high quality standard items that you can swap around in your wardrobe, not that overpriced nigger shit you're bringing up.

If you're not looking at specific items you like but just at entire brands (and that based on how trendy and memey they are), you're not dressing based on your fashion sense or personality or even hobby, you're only doing it to impress other people and gain their approval. As showcased by making this thread.
Spending money you took two years to save on that kind of thing seems crazy to me.
Tom Ford and YSL make good fragrances though and you're not going to regret any money you spend on either. Unlike all of those brands once you're older than 25.

Great girlfriend you got there..

This, wtf. Have fun waking up one morning to an empty wallet, cards stolen, and her having blocked your number on her new iPhone X.

>gets substantial sum of money
>spends it on clothes

>nigger
whole point invalidated

go back to your shitty cancerous board

What are you doing on this board?

>APC Jeans
>Celine
>Tom Ford fragrances
>YSL fragrances

only acceptable things

Wut

Y-3 shoes are alright, but the clothing is cheap quality tech wear and no one likes tech wear

h'HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 sjw point earned.

So you need to write another fashion piece and fishing for something here? Fuck off and write your own shit

Why are people here such hypocrites?

They support Bape but act like Off-White is the worst thing that happened to fashion ever.

>Fear of God
No
>Off-White™
No™
>Supreme
Okay at retail price, don't buy otherwise. Don't by pieces for hype.
>Palace
Okay at retail price.
>Ultra Boost
Meh, not a fan of "athletic" shoes in fashion.
>Bape
Some good pieces, mostly not.
>Cav Empt
Good.
>Kith
Some good, most trash.
>NMD Boost
See Ultra Boost
>Y-3
Good, but doesn't match anything else wardrobe-wise on this list.
>APC Jeans
Good, not the best, a little expensive for quality.
>Saint Laurent the boots
Overpriced
>Yeezy Boost
Some good, only buy retail if so.
>Vans
Good basics.
>Celine
Meh.
>the guy from Off-White
You don't even know his name...keep it that way.
>Tom Ford fragrances
Good
>Yeezy Season
Overpriced trash
>Alexander to the Wang
Okay
>NM Joe Jeans
Trash
NO!
>VLONE
Dead and gone, don't support rapists.
>YSL fragrances
Overpriced
>True Religion jeans
Garbage
>Goyard belts
Tacky
>Givenchy jeans
Overpriced
Raf? Better on his mainline.

If you wanna be a hypebeast, be a hypebeast, but at least learn how to style yourself instead of falling "hype" brands, otherwise you'll look like an idiot. If you just wanna suck rapper dick, I'm sure you could use that 10 g's and one of em will let you. If you actually wanna try, people will help you, but that's up to you.

>>Cav Empt
>Good.
I'd like to know why?

What makes it so different from Supreme/Palace/Off-White?

kys yo selve

You should fucking kill yourself you irrelevant niggerboy

The_Donald

you think supreme is not-shit tier? please get banned & hanged you underage faggot

Well, first off, I never said Palace or Supreme were bad, just overpriced/hyped. Although I think it's still a little too early place Palace anywhere, as I feel that unless they start doing really amazing/memorable shit, their hype will eventually fizzle out, mainly because they aren't Supreme (no matter how much they want to be).

Supreme is very off and on, each season usually has a handful of good pieces, and I like that they take risks with some of their products (like all the different hats they produce), but a lot of their ideas, especially with their collaborations, tend to come off as lazy or uninspired past said one or two great pieces.

To understand the reason why I consider Cav Empt as good, you have to go back to when they started. When they first launched in 2012, it was a very different/refreshing idea. Sk8thing (the creative director) already had a decent amount of design experience, and had an aesthetic he was looking for, and absolutely crushed it. The only reason nowadays it doesn't seem as inspiring, is because of the amount of other streetwear brands, both big (Yeezy, Brain Dead, TINT, Vans, etc.) and small (too many to count), that have copied their ideas. But even so, CE has pieces that to this day people still look for (the plague hoodie and icon pullover come to mind) because they've remained true to their aesthetic, and still do it best.

tl;dr CE is good because they have put out good pieces and remained stylistically consistent, even if so many other brands have copied their ideas and watered down the aesthetic.

Shop basics to develop your taste and style, you're basically spending thousands to look like every other rich kid

>>Fear of God
no
>>Off-White™
no
>>Supreme
no
>>Palace
no
>>Ultra Boost
depends on the color
>>bape
only the old stuff
>>Cav Empt
depends
>>Kith
no
>>NMD Boost
no
>>Y-3
no
>>APC Jeans
yes
>>Saint Laurent the boots
yes
>>Yeezy Boost
no
>>Vans
yes
>>Celine
yes
>>the guy from Off-White
no
>>Tom Ford fragrances
idk
>>Yeezy Season
depends
>>Alexander to the Wang
no
>>NM Joe Jeans
idk
>>Balenciaga Speed Trainer
yes
>>VLONE
no
>>YSL fragrances
idk
>>True Religion jeans
yes
>>Goyard belts
yes
>>Givenchy jeans
yes
>>Calvin Klein creative director
yes

I'd say don't spend all of the 10k all at once, maybe 1-2k on a few hype pieces or sneakers and see if you still want to invest that much.