perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

basenotes.net/bn_todaysscent.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So is anyone a participant in fragrance stuff anywhere else on the net? I've purchased stuff from /r/fragdecants and I've lurked around reddit/fragrantica/basenotes for info but haven't gone much into the forums for now.

I don't want to become a fragrance "hobbyist", I feel like those guys have no other hobbies and those with 300 bottles in their collection are just fragrance neckbeards.

Basically, I'm asking is there anywhere that's worthwhile to participate or should I just lurk and gather info for myself?

Use the Basenotes scent of the day tool to track and share your autism.

basenotes.net/bn_todaysscent.php

I throw up the odd review here and there on fragrantica and basenotes. Only occasionally with frags I really like, though. Other than that, not much.

Just blind bought a 2oz of this stuff for $30. I've smelled the original MiB and enjoyed it. What do you guys think?

I haven't tried Versace Pour Homme but its supposed to be very similar to Allure Homme Sport which I have tried awhile ago. I don't think Dylan Blue is similar to it, it is certainly closer to BdC with a bunch of ambroxan underneath

Just got my Gallagher delivery. Amongst Waves really is the king of fresh-melon fragrances. Fantastic longevity and sillage.

He included samples of Tobacco Silk and Tulip Silk. I'll check those out in the next day or two and report back.

wtf

I would have blind bought this by now if it wasn't for the god awful name + presentation

what didn't you like about it?

Anyone got azzaro chrome united? It's on sale here pretty cheap.

What fragrance would fit with c o m f y c o r e?

So this arrived.

I also have CDNI.

Never smelt aventus.

I'll start off with saying I have a fairly shit sense of smell.
Now saying that, I prefer IPII. CDNI is definitely stronger and projects further but the 'smoke' component is far too nauseating for me.

IPII smells less harsh at the start (but who really judges fragrances on what they smell like in the first 30 seconds). IPII has less of a 'smoke' smell.

I say 'smoke' cause I dont think it actually smells like smoke

>IPII is less 'smokey' and doesnt project as far
>CDNI is more 'smokey' and nauseating (to me)

I wouldnt wear CDNI but I would IPII
I doubt many people wear aventus or anything similar in aus.

Is Spicebomb Extreme better than Spicebomb

My shipment of Eros is coming in today. I'm so excited.

So, I have to go meet with my condo board tomorrow. I'm trying to do some renovations and they're being difficult a refusing to let me, despite the fact that there's nothing in their bylaws saying I can't do what I'm trying to do.

I need an idea of a frag I can wear to smell powerful. A little psychological warfare. Make them think they'd be better off just giving me what I want. I was thinking maybe something very "rich" smelling. I have options, I could go with Roja Enigma, Jubilation XXV.

Thoughts? Any ideas for fragrances that might make someone think I'm a guy they don't want to say no to? I don't mean like making them think I'm sone sort of badass or anything autistic like that, I mean like smelling like a powerful man. A boss, a high-powered lawyer, someone that'd just be a headache for them to deal with, y'know?

They don't really know me and it is a pretty high-end building, so as far as they know, I could well be a billionaire or some shit.

Spraying less than 6 times for most fragrances is stupid.

What's the point of wearing a fragrance if people will only be able to smell you in a really close distance such as when hugging you?

You gotta be a fucking cloudman, people need to smell you.

6 sprays and beyond is Chad's way of wearing a fragrance.
Any less than that you're just wasting your money

I like the chocolate and sweetness of A* Men, the patchouli not so much.
For a designer price point, is there anything that fits the bill that isn't Lynx/Axe tier?

The virgin fragrance vs. the Chad miasma

2 completely different smells to them. Not relatable besides by name

A*men pure tonka?

answer me fragfam

Gucci pour Homme II?

Will give it a try. Thank you

Burberry Brit perhaps?

amouage reflection man

manly scent. I think it's better than acqua di gio profumo

go for it if you're the kind of guy who wears leather, has an ass like chin and can grow a full beard

>ass like chin

Why does everyone judge frags based on the first 30 seconds of spraying? That's not how you're going to smell throughout the day after applying it.

Do any of these youtube reviewers properly judge frags?

I can't tell if I'm going to like it in 30 seconds, but I can tell if I'm not going to like it.

If it doesn't have a good opening, it's not worth wearing. Why should I have to wait hours for a scent to get good?

>hours
15-30 mins

I have Reflection, actually, but I kind of think it might be a little too soft and subtle for this occasion.

well, you don't want to smell like a tryhard, right?

True, I just don't know if Reflection gives the impression I want. It's a great clean scent, but it's not really a "power" fragrance, y'know? Like, Jubilation smells like what I'd imagine a sultan would smell like.

>CDNI
That shit never gets good, period. Give it up, shill.

>thinking there are shills in these threads

M8, we're like 20 spergs and the odd normie who wanders in and usually never comes back. I assure you, we are not even remotely on anyone's radar to the point that they'd bother paying people to hawk their smelly water here.

I'd say go for a frag that has a prominent ingredient that most people think "power/expensive" when they smell it, the people you're meeting with might differ anyway but it's more likely if you go with the popular vote. Although the image may not just be there prominent accord but how it blends with the other accords too.

Loud fragrances can make people think of "power" but sometimes not necessarily "refined" based on how it's blended. Bottom line id say find a frag that has a prominent note that most people think of "power/wealth" when they smell it, but is also blended well. Instead of spraying in one place I'd say it's best to do a couple on the collarbone and each wrist depending on the concentration. If you have to gesture a lot or move around they will definitely be able to smell it without being overwhelmed. Getting the right balance will come across that a frag that can project to an obnoxious degree.

Fuck AC
*across better than a frag

You're not fooling anyone, Daniel.

Layering these tonight (M on the collarbone, BaV on each wrist)
The contrast in subtlety is lovely.
What frags do you guys like to layer?

the favorite thing to smell for girls will be fresh fragrances up through their 20s and into their 30s. a lot of dark and sweet fragrances are nice to smell but that's where it stops. if you're going out with girls or to meet girls the best fragrance will always be something fresh no matter what. wear a luxury niche fresh scent or something if you have to. just don't be surprised when nobody cares about your $800 xerjoff oud tobacco piss juice while they're loving some $50 mass pleaser from sephora

Ok, I'm leaning towards Enigma. I really need this to go well. I don't know what these dickheads' problem is, but I bought this unit after reading their bylaws and bringing in a contractor to make sure nothing I wanted to do would be a problem, and now they're basically saying I can't do anything at all with the unit other than putting in new flooring, which makes this unit not livable for me. If I can't get them to stop being dicks about this, I'm gonna have to sell this unit and probably take a 20k loss or so, if not more.

What are you trying to do?

Open the kitchen up and put in an island and new cabinets, replace the flooring, expand the bathroom about a foot and put in a new bathtub, shower, and toilet. Nothing too crazy. Certainly nothing I'd have thought would be a problem.

Main thing is, I cook and bartender and need a lot of space and storage in the kitchen and as-is, if I can't change things, I won't have space for all my kitchen stuff.

c/n?

stupid question, how do i learn scents?

Start with linear incenses or oils, learn what you like and what you want to smell like.

MFK sample pack just hit lads....gonna meme it up this weekend

aqua universalis forte, aqua vitae forte, masculin pluriel and grand soir. hopefully at least a couple will be good

I smell like stale farts but I dress good
When you keep a certain distance between yourself and other it should be fine

also for anyone who has tested/owns any MFK: my nose gets anosmic to stuff and i can't tell if i've over sprayed and am choking other people close to me. is MFK very strong? how many sprays should be good for the aqua fortes

Never worn frags before, decided to find a scent last week. I have now sampled 8, all just designer stuff available at sephora.
Versace Eros
Dior Sauvage
Acqua di Gio
YSL La Nuit de l'Homme
YSL l'Homme
Versace Pour Homme
Bleu de Chanel
Jimmy Choo Man

Sauvage is my favorite, I like the very clean scent.
Versace Pour Homme might be the worst. Maybe I just dont react to it well, it gave me a headache, and the smell was just very sharp, cheap, and generic.
Bleu is pretty good, dont like the sharp top notes, but after the first half hour I liked it.
Acqua di Gio is pretty good; again, sharp and generic.
l'homme was decent, just not my style, a little mature.
la nuit smelled like cheap rubber, again, not my style.
Eros smells good but is too sweet for my liking.
Jimmy Choo was cheap generic garbage.

I ordered a sample of Dsquared Rocky Mountain Wood, couldn't find it locally. I like the sound of it - I live in CO and am outdoorsy, I think I will like something very foresty, I love jasmine also.

I really am just looking for something that is unique, but still has mass appeal. I want it to be wintery. Something young, yet sophisticated. Deep/warm, yet fresh/clean. Can all this be satisfied? Suggestions please!!!

if you live in canada ill sell you my 200ml sauvage bottle

I would recommend PdM Layton

his post says he lives in colorado. L2read bruv

tldr

I love The One edp so fucking much

This

As far as I can tell though isn't the performance fucking shit?

Shame

Performance is fine, sillage is lacking.

The EDP has a better performance than the EDT, of course, BUT I still find that the EDP's performance is spotty sometimes.

Sometimes it lasts hours, sometimes it lasts as long as the EDT. It's still a better choice over the EDT, but it's weird with its performance, in my experience.

This general is getting stagnant

Post a fragrance you've had experience with and make a short review.

I think Kiehl's musk is pretty underrated. It's a fantastic scent for cold weather. It smells like a luxurious wood cabin spa up in the mountains. It's too musty and warm for summer but if you live in a cold climate it's pretty top tier.

forgot my picture

are these NOS? they look like they should be in a museum

>Post a fragrance you've had experience with and make a short review.

Old Guerlain Dry-Down: The Scent

I love it.

Amouage Beach Hut. I wound up picking up a bottle at the duty free at Schipol on the way back from Amsterdam.

I think it's one of Amouage's best scents in years. The name might mislead a few people, I think it should be called "Desert Hut", honestly. It is not an aquatic at all, rather it's a very green scent with very heavy, fresh, slightly sweet mint mixed with patchouli and myrrh, and then various dry woods that become very apparent in the drydown. It does smell like an old, weathered hut that nature has reclaimed. It's very interesting, very classy, and just smells good.

Great scent for anyone who likes green, woody scents, and one of the best mint notes I've ever experienced.

So do you, Dr. Jones!

normie shit
but smells a bit like honey on my skin

Andrea Maacks Coal.

Full of Iso Super E. Poor performance and sillage, but god, it's so lovely. Somehow niche and mainstream appeal at the same time, definitely not challenging. Perfect for work but also for a stiff white shirt. Male or female, to be honest.

>when you're feeling shitty and you spray yourself with a nice comforting scent and you instantly feel fine

Anybody here wears Prada Amber Intense?

(Repost with pic)
I'll play (especially since CdG gets mentioned in almost if not every /frag/ thread).

Blue Santal - Comme des Garçons:
At the start after buying a decant of this, it seemed to open nicely then dry down into your average generic fresh woody fragrance available anywhere. And that's what it is, a fresh (cool) woody fragrance.

I got my decant it in the winter and it didn't do much for me (felt overly cool). Then in the summer I wore it and it felt overly fresh. It wasn't until a dark cool Fall night that it recently clicked. Don't get me wrong it's still a fresh sandalwood scent, but I could more easily detect the more delicate notes pine, juniper, and peppery spice behind all that fresh sandalwood. I'm glad I wore it on that night I saw that girl, because otherwise it would've probably gotten a dislike from me and some criticism.

cont.

I myself wouldn't spend $100+ a full bottle of this. I'm not a fan of fresh fragrances and I expected it to be more natural which disappointed me, but it's not quite all the way at the synthetic end of the spectrum (like your average mall fragrance). I'd put it somewhere in the middle. I'd say it's easily wearable and is suitable for all times of day and all seasons (even though a specific time worked for me).

I'd recommend it for someone who likes fresh/woody fragrances and wants something interesting to separate them from the pack, but not a zany /niche/ tier fragrance that's inaccessible. I could see a lot of anons liking this one based on stuff posted in these threads.

sounds nice, but mature. am I right in that assumption?

isnt it great?

sounds up my ally, eh

kek

I've got enough samples of stuff suited to colder weather already.
Should I have more bottles of spring/summer suited frags than autumn/winter ones if I want more of a rotation?
Just asking for input here. Was looking at Azzaro Pour homme L'eau, as I could make it work as a year round office scent what with offices and such never being cold enough that freshies struggle to project

Depends where you live, I guess? Colder regions vs warmer ones.

I live in England so it can get a bit cold in January/February time

Heh user I didn't see your post. Nice coincidence.

I'm very unfamiliar with the most popular designer frags so I can't say based on your experience trying them. There might better/other recommendations but it does seem up your alley.

It is unique in that it's different from the ones you listed but I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone new or someone who likes popular designer frags because it has that trademark freshness. I'm not sure all your criteria can be satisfied, but it's definitely wintery (it's cold), young, and fresh. But not very sophisticated/deep/warm. It's quite a linear fragrance and it's a bit simplistic. If you're looking to add warmth to the mix maybe look for a fragrance with amber? Maybe something like Diptyque Tam Dao (I've never tried it though).

I'd still recommend trying to find a sample/decant to try on your skin. There are also two other fragrances in the CdG 'Blue Invasion' line.

Oh right, forgot to mention that if you're already spending $75-100 on whatever popular fragrance off the shelf, you might as well get something interesting/different than the rest of the crowd.

Well now i have 3.4 oz of true tobacco vanille and 1.7 ounces of russian copy, which are basically exactly the same.
Should i sell little splits of the stuff?

>not wearing the GOAT everyday cologne

Can't find a sample online :( how similar is it to VPH? or is the eau extreme not similar at all

Not as similar as the regular Allure Homme Sport is. Eau Extreme smells like original but with a much richer, creamier tonka note that's balanced out by mint and mandarin. Despite the heavy tonka it's amazing in the heat.

Definitely my thoughts. Thanks for the /adv/ and recs, I will seek out some samples.

I just ate 3 pounds of ravioli. Am I gonna die?

Also, what's the best Ormande Jayne scent?

Blanche is better

Who ya got lads?

no, EB is the worst in the line

How does VUI smell compared to DHI? Do you find it's actually better?

Dior homme. Never hear around it here but amazing scent. Really strong opening, full of iris but gets this woody dry down. Performance was okay, somewhere around 6 strong hours and then a dry down i can still pick up after the fact.

That being said I'm not sure what vetiver smells like still, so what should i test that's purely vetiver?

Get Prada L'homme

Antaeus if it's not too warm where you are.

I don't own either I have just tried samples. I really like both but I think VUI just explodes off my skin

I literally just want female attention and don't give two shits about artistry or whatever. Is there anything better than Dior Sauvage for that right now?