I recently hired an employee that I don't really like. They passed the interview well, but upon working with them...

I recently hired an employee that I don't really like. They passed the interview well, but upon working with them, personality wise they are just kinda a fag.

The new employee has done adequate work, shows up on time, but has never really wowed me.

Is not liking someones' personality grounds for firing them?

My guess is you can get away with it, as long as you're not a dick when they file for unemployment.

Sadly, no. You'll have to come up with another reason to avoid any hiccups he may cause afterwards.

You might grow to like them.
Or just cut their hours till he or she quits.

Unless there's a contract or other stipulations involved you should be able to fire them. Be careful if it a women or minority's though

Depends on the industry. Skilled trades? His ass is grass. I've seen guys get thrown off of jobs for the dumbest shit and then they never get put on the schedule again. Other industries you need to have like, a paper trail of complaints to fire em. If its your own business you can do what you like. If you have a boss, you should know the process and whats required from you to be firing people. Just be careful if the new guy feels he was fired for no reason might go around town bad mouthing you and your business too

>has never really wowed me.
kill yourself mr shekelberg

It might depend on what it is you don't like about them.

Are they just kinda gay? lol

I think this is happening to me. Fug I need a new job

Assuming you work for a corporation where you have to go through HR to fire someone, just say they aren't a good fit with company culture or some shit like that.

If it's your own company and it's at will/no contract, just tell them to hit the road.

Hire a guy to shank him in a alley and you don't have to worry about him again

He'll probably quit before you fire him, you sound like a faggot

Just tell him straight up that you do not like him and it might be a waste for him to continue working for you. If he isn't a cuckold, he'll the the message and leave

If within the probationary period, you do not need justification to terminate them.

>he does his job
>but i don't like him so i'm going to fire him

kill yourself

Le Iacocca was president of Ford and spearheaded the development of the Mustang in the 60s. Ford became the first billion dollar moneymaker among the auto giants

Henry Ford the second fired Iacocca later because "I just didn't like him."

Cut his hours and tell him you won't give him more hours until he becomes someone else who you like.

Sounds like you're the fag in this relationship.
If he does his job well, only a women would still fire him because of personal feelings. He's not there to wow you, unless you're paying him to wow you.

Meanwhile,
>the job seemed OK when I applied but the pay and leadership has never really wowed me. Is just not liking the job enough reason to look elsewhere?"

Pl... please don't be my boss, OP.

Though I live and work in a "Right to Work" state, so you I literally could be fired for not getting along with my boss.

yes, if your leader does not inspire you, he is a bad leader. if you cannot move into a position where you are challenged to grow within that company, look elsewhere and stop wasting your time and energy

Yeah... He's your employee, not your friend. Stop being retarded.

If he's making good money for you and gets the job done who cares? Be professional about it. It could be a lot worse and I talk from experience.

>I hired an employee
>They passed the interview
>They have done adequate work
>They show up on time

employee=/=friend