Raw jeans

sounds appealing to have a pair of trousers that never craps out.

how did that raw jeans meme go? anyone from 2012 here to tell how it worked out?

Other urls found in this thread:

taylorstitch.com/collections/all/products/14-25-oz-cone-mills-denim-slim-fit
taylorstitch.com/collections/all/products/14-25-oz-cone-mills-denim-democratic-fit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>sounds appealing to have a pair of trousers that never craps out.
'raw' just means the jeans in question have not been washed, so the dye is 'raw' in it
there is no other inherent qualities to raw denim

I'm wearing mine right now. I use them at work everyday otherwise I'd never have time to break them in. Next march will be year two.

They're pretty tough, but I'm comparing them to a pair of H&M pants I used to work in that split at the crotch.

washing less means wayy less wear. you can not wash other pants but none are quite designed for it like denim-- dirt doesn't show up as well and they're stiff anyway.
heavy weight tight weave denim is specifically hard wearing.
no elastic is harder wearing.
not treated with petro/ direct dye alkaline better for fibers longevity.
buttons not zippers, selvedge stiched, all meant to be longer lasting and more hardwearing.

so inherently, no, but by design, yes.

I got a pair of jeans that I have since 2013-2014 they are fine (no stains), washed once.

Everything craps out, it's just that the unwashed, thicker, better built jeans from the raw meme lasted longer. That and they're something you're meant to sew and mend and repair when they take damage rather than replace, which tends to work with that rugged style they were associated with.

They also gained popularity since washed jeans never had natural looking fades, since peoples legs are all a bit different in terms of proportions so the honeycombing, whiskers and would look really fucking weird and out of place on the majority of people with pre-washed jeans.

>but by design, yes.
the same qualities can be added to any denim or heavy duty fabrics in general, it's by no means a thing for raw denim alone
and there is so much shit raw denim out there that generalizing is not only retarded but very misguided
the small amount of elasticity also doesn't actually make jeans perform or last any worse, it's mostly a heritage thing with the brands that are in to the whole workwear/raw denim thing, it might actually have the opposite effect in lot of cases as the fabric can take the stress of wear better when the fabric gives in

Doesn’t matter how tight the weave is or how heavy the denim is if the stitching is done by slave labor in china

All the rappers moved on to designer jeans and sweatpants so that’s what happened here

>they're something you're meant to sew and mend and repair when they take damage
This. The appeal or raw denim isn't just in its ruggedness, but in having a garment that evolves with wear and washing.

That's another great thing about raw denim. You can pick brands that you know were made in the US or Japan or wherever by skilled garment makers. In the instance of these Railcars, I know the denim was made in North Carolina and the jeans were sewn in California. That's part of what makes it worth it to keep mending them and keeping them going.

Can I get a good raw jeans under 100$?

Yeah - unbranded
Have momotaro now and unbranded are even better in some respects

What cut did you get?
I'm about to order tapered since skinny raw denim doesn't sound comfortable.

Yeah I had tapered
If you don't know your cut you might be fucked, need to figure that out m8

Taylor Stitch DONOTBUY CHINKSHIT UNBRANDED

taylorstitch.com/collections/all/products/14-25-oz-cone-mills-denim-slim-fit
taylorstitch.com/collections/all/products/14-25-oz-cone-mills-denim-democratic-fit

DONT FUCKING BUY LAST DECADES SKINNY TAPERED FOREIGN SHIT GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH easy towear is in@@@

don't most guys get crotch blowouts from all the unwashed dirt rubbing on the fabric everyday?

bitch skinny tapered has been classic for 50 years, you've got autism

LOW RISE SKINNY IS / O U T / RAF SIMONS DON'T LACE 'EM

>that never craps out
That was the fucking meme. Raw denim is denim, not magic. I can obliterate expensive denim in under a year.

That said, I still wear raw denim if I'm wearing denim (though, I have been looking for a nice washed pair).

>washing less means wayy less wear.
Eh, maybe if you're a one wear, one wash kind of person. Otherwise, the denim will actually last longer if you wash it more regularly (every ~1 month). This is especially true if the denim are everyday or near everyday wear items. Not washing them means creases in high movement areas (mainly the crotch) are more likely to wear through.

dont get me wrong, i like raw denim. i have a few pairs, and i wear them with my red wings (suprise) , and flannels, and its a good look.

however, if we are aproaching it from solely "what looks best" standpoint, I dont think raws are the best. sometimes they get knee bags, which look shitty. sometimes they fade like shit, and dont look right. also, they require more care, ironically, because you cant really just throw them in the wash like regular jeans. you have to soak them in the sink, hang dry, etc. overall i think theyre kind of a pain in the ass.

in the end, if you have the money, id reccommend something like the AG slim straight fit, in a cool looking wash, that has a touch of spandex for comfort. theyre a bit expensive, but in my opinion, for fit, comfort, and good looks, theyre hard to beat.

>they require more care, ironically, because you cant really just throw them in the wash like regular jeans. you have to soak them in the sink, hang dry, etc
Except you don't have to do any of that with raw denim. I've washed every pair of raws I've owned in the machine. I don't dry them, but I don't dry most things. The only special treatment I give raw denim is that I'll shrink an unsanforized in a hot tub first, and I'm pretty sure I could just do that in the machine if I felt lazy.

if you care about how they look, i mean. if you dont care about them getting high contrast fades, and dont mind annoying white streaks, then go for it. but if you throw them in the washing machine you are basically defeating the purpose of owning raw denim. they will turn out with the vertical white train tracks, like pic related

On the contrary, high contrasted fading has to do with how often you wash, and I care how they look; but if you're trying to manufacture "the most perfect fades" then you may as well just buy washed denim. Raw denim is an experiment, and sure, I might be risking odd fades (though I've never had a pair fade like that), but anyone looking to manufacture perfect fades is the one who doesn't understand raw denim.

you can avoid that by simply taking them out before the spin cycle.

>sounds appealing to have a pair of trousers that never craps out.

raw/selvedge denim does not = higher quality or longetivity whatsoever. in fact many of them don't last anywhere near as long as "regular" jeans because people are worried about ruining their sick fades by washing their jeans more than once a year.

all you have to do is turn them inside out when you wash them.

It won't make any difference. You need to hand waash THE MACHINE WILL RUIN RUIN YOU'ARE FADES SHIT DON'T FUCKINGSHOOOOOOT