Cyberpunk Thread

Last thread
Ignore this shit Posting my favorites from the last thread. Hopefully more people will contribute with new inspo and/or pieces.

>What is cyberpunk fashion?
It seems Veeky Forums is having a hard time defining what cyberpunk fashion may be, but in terms of cyberpunk fiction, I believe this user's definition is the best. Discussion of what actually is cyberpunk fashion is allowed.

>I think it's a mix of utilitarian and drapery, leather and canvas, with techwear/milspo design and functionality, saturated in 80s retrofuturism, noir, 90s grunge and 00s cybernoir aesthetic, with strong influence from avant garde like Helmut Lang and Carol Christian Poell and actual weeb/film influences like Blade Runner, Akira and Ghost in the Shell, durable and engineered clothes that would last and fit in in an inclement weather neon future, somewhere like Seoul or Hong Kong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/APOAmxFEMkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sLxxbfsj8IM
google.com/search?q=syd mead blade runner&num=100&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjuyqzx3rPXAhUTySYKHfQhC6EQ_AUICigB&biw=1143&bih=545
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

W2c?

ma julius leather zip-up boots

some techwear can be considered cyberpunk if pulled off right

youtu.be/APOAmxFEMkQ

youtube.com/watch?v=sLxxbfsj8IM if you haven't seen the new blade runner or the original you MUST, they're both great movies imo

i saw that from a thead in /vr/. were you there as well?

What jacket is that?

Oakley Factory Pilot Tech Fleece Crew Sweatshirt from backcountry

Not him, but the Law Hero is a pretty well know character

Ha, thanks Op, I'm the guy who posted 9/10 of the pics in my last thread. Glad you enjoyed it and picked out so many!

Is this worth watching?

it's about actual bio-hacking, implants transhumanism CYBERPUNK IS NOW. i say it's a good watch, except the speaker is kind of hyper so that might throw off some people, but i think it's cool how unique she is.

google.com/search?q=syd mead blade runner&num=100&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjuyqzx3rPXAhUTySYKHfQhC6EQ_AUICigB&biw=1143&bih=545

Just a reminder, Syd Mead laid the foundation for a lot of this shite and You should follow the link. I dont have the energy to post it all.

im too sleepy to keep posting ill be back once i wake up. i hope this thread gets more anons contributing

why just ignore the other thread? because the image has people in techwear and cyberpunk fits? if you’re so interested in the topic why not try and have a discussion in the thread that is already dedicated to it.

Because techwear/cyberpunk/lunarcore is far far too broad, it's like saying "future clothes". Might as well throw Mad Max core into the mix too. Cyberpunk is a specific style, and the first Cyberpunk thread was around before the combination thread. Can you see Lunarcore kids wearing leather, Yohjo and Poell? No, but I can see it being relevant to Cyberpunk. There's also an element of /fashwave/ and discussion of a very possible race war and pandemic future, which lunarcore isn't relevant to and you literally have a guy called Spacejew (nothing against him, but his stuff doesn't engage with Cyberpunk).

That's why

oh that actually makes a lot of sense haha

I own this and its crazy big with the hood on. Its the most amazing piece I own but can rarely wear it. Need it for a blizzard or the coming apocalypse.

The term you're looking for is Neo-noir, cyberpunk is dead.

this guy has such good fits and i just hate his face and everything else about him

His face is all busted and ugly. Looks like a huge faggot with that metrosexual grooming, bleached eyebrows etc

faggy neck
ton of makeup

looks annoying tryhard

w2c?

Van Damme in Cyborg has a god tier fit and hair

the warlocks from destiny are good inspo

Construction worker

Try to keep them grounded in real world, civilian gear, preferably with existing designer's works and recognisable materials and features like zippers, canvas, rubber, cloth and leather

From here on there is a /ban/ on posting any inspo that involves face visors, magic space helmets and video game concept art

agreeable as that may be its easy to see why i find the concept art Veeky Forums

Where's this from?

This

Blackmeans. It is probably a one of a kind. They make random one ofs a lot.

Blackmeans are so good

Black mountain seeulater

Blackmeans again

This idea is cool as fuck

Christian Poell

nice but pretty much meme gloves

Pertubator interview

Thanx for trying to keep Cyberpunk separate from Lunarcore

Also SpaceJew doesn't post on this board anymore, he hasn't In yrs, it's just he was integral in lunarcore threads in the beginning and he hand makes pieces and fits and draws all the time, so I grab stuff from his Tumblr and post them in lunar threads.

Also his name was given to him because of his jewfro hair and the fact he loves lunarfits hence "SpaceJew"

And whats this about you guys discussing race wars??
We don't talk about that stuff at all, we try to keep pol out because it just spirals the thread and turns into left vs right shitposting

We just try to be comfy imagining being a random space freighter or smuggler in some off world cantina in some godforsaken system.

Reminder that the cyberpunk future underground "rebels" will be Ted Kazynski and Varg types fighting alongside widescale partisan warfare by European Identitarians

Because Lunarcore is an optimistic future, a bright and distant dream of casual life in the stars

Cyberpunk is the idea of a grim near future, where technological advances clash with the cold reality, romanticised to a degree. Cyberpunk futures are never utopia societies, whereas space exploration is a golden dream, an "us against the world", and it will only happen once a population (like China) has united and stripped the world of the rare earth necessary to get off world. Cyberpunk is very much about the coming conflicts and urban life in the next century.

Also don't get me wrong, I like space Jew, I'm not trying to descend this thread into debate. But if our smartphones are going to evolve into flying cars in the future, our racial tensions, search for identity and kickback to antiwhite sentiments are going to evolve into war in the future, as well as the likely future of a dominant Chinese AI which would not be a fun outcome.

Without going /pol/tier, this explains why cyberpunk and noir includes low key innawoods and milspo inspo and an element of makeshift/well worn gear, whereas Lunarcore is bright and draws on astronaut clothing and NASA's colour palette

I think having an undertone of reality also separates Veeky Forums cyberpunk from gross gutterpunk fashion, or the Reddit Rick and Morty x Steampunk fedora tier idea of cyberpunk where everyone has a glowing robot arm and a Tron bike, which is the number one reason I think cyberpunk has a bad name and is associated with neckbeards, transhumanist leftists and gaymers

I don't think lunarcore is as bright and peachy as you make out, theres quite a few sub genres of lunar that are depressing grungey utilitarian futures of lunar, like deadfuture/milspo/giger etc.

It sortve depends on what sci-fi movie/game, etc, you draw inspo from, where as with cyberpunk there isn't too much deviation from the typical material/themes

Raf 2018

I fuckin love these shoes, they are so huge.

Ah perhaps I need to explore Lunarcore a bit more, always liked Herr Urst's fits

Spoil the magic

Yohji 2018 (I think)

They're great

Do you have a pair? I'm wondering if they fit TTS, might try to scoop a pair up in the upcoming sale season.

That's the nice part of lunarcore, is that it's very much based around reality, with little "tweeks" or "futuristicky" bits or pieces mixed with very familiar themes and clothes and materials

It's familiar but *different* and if not done overboard, can easily be worn everyday without too much ppl giving you the "wtf is he larping?" Face

What I tell brain ded ppl that come into lunar threads and dont know how to start or dont want to think about fits and themes and materials, is essentially take one futuristic looking piece or 2, and have the rest of your fit be ground in real everyday materials and themes like cargos, plain tees, or mono tone casual sneakers like PF flyers, etc

And you are encouraged to DiY pieces yourself, since alot of lunarstuff isn't sold. it's usually made independently, and paired with random futuristic looking pieces ppl hunt for, Psuedo could talk your ears off about that

>tfw someone saves your pic that you posted in a lunarthread, that you saved from some steam punk costume on aliexpress months ago..

techwear is cyberpunk moron

No, keeping my eye on them though

Ah I'd been looking for that inspo sheet for a while!

Got any cyberpunk inspo for us?

Only cyber punk inspo I know is shadow run and blade runner
Lunarcore is my forte

Shadowrun was fun, you might like Beneath a Steel Sky

no, it isn't cyberpunk. techwear focuses on utility. cyberpunk isn't just all utility, it's about the resistance which happens from a cyberpunk world and governance, or those who blend in with the crowd of everyday people, due to fear or indifference. cyberpunk isn't just about function as techwear is, it's all a mix, like stated in the OP. it all depends on what style youre trying to go for. you cant just find some random techwear fit and claim it's cyberpunk without looking at actual sources of cyberpunk fiction and knowledge of what kind of world it is and trying to bring it into that world.

This guy gets it
There is zero reason for a techwear guy to wear a cloth coat, or a leather bomber, or a torn and ripped article of clothing, or an idiosyncratic accessory or hairstyle, none of that can be considered performance wear, but theh can all be used to pull off a cyberpunk look