I know he is universally disliked by all of Veeky Forums, I’m aware he may be a complete hack...

I know he is universally disliked by all of Veeky Forums, I’m aware he may be a complete hack, but I just love listening to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=nkMWMBsCd9k

How does he do it? The way he talks about his designs and creative processes, he does it in such an articulate and interesting way, he can almost convince me that Off-White is a fantastic brand and I know it isn’t. And his appearance is that of a down-to-earth kind of guy, so I think it could be that too.

Anyone else likes listening to this dude?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=biFlrzTJets
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like Virgil, he seems like a great guy, I know OW gets a lot of shit, but he does some great shit.

>I know he is universally disliked by all of Veeky Forums

So you understand. End of discussion.

>>>/ktt/

Fuck off kid, this is a board for grown ups.

>great guy
>hoodie costs $600

>I know he is universally disliked by all of Veeky Forums,

No. I actually like his work. I also appreciate that he's actually educated in design.

>He received his Masters of Architecture at the Illinois Institute of Technology and his undergraduate in Civil Engineering at the University of Wisconsin–Madison

>great guy
>shoes cost $1k

>people buy it
Don't blame him

Rick's shoes are shit though

nah, i don't hate him, but i don't think his designs are all that nice
he does seem more sincere than i expected though, good on him

f u we don't need 2 Kanye west threads. fucking shills

don't bring brick into this

i like him, don't really fuck with the brand outside of a couple pieces tho

just watched his lecture at Harvard and i was surprise with how good it was

to anyone attempting any artistic endeavor i highly recommend listening to him

Do you got a link to a good one? I’m genuinely curious.

Isn’t that what OP linked?

youtube.com/watch?v=biFlrzTJets

Just watched it.

Not “BAD” for a “NIGGER”.

He articulates himself in a compelling way but his practice really acts at a defecit

I think it's just thinly veiled self help with a young dudes vernacular.

his personal projects and foresight are refreshing compared to a lot of his contemporaries.

but I would say his perspective is of little use to young creators- his approach is unrealistic for a up and coming audience but it's aspirational.

hes just a good talker. OW is legit fucking trash.

I definitely think he's an interesting guy, with some good ideas in design and obviously in marketing, and his lectures are pretty interesting.
Like a few user said, he isn't UNIVERSALLY disliked on Veeky Forums, just enough so he doesn't get talked about much. I think The Ten are amazing pieces, and as obnoxious as people may find it, the industrial belt is an iconic look.

Ricks shoes have actually come down. They were almost always $1,000+ about 5 years ago. Now you can cop some geobaskets and ramones for less than $500 retail.

They’re still trash and shouldn’t cost more than Chucks.

people have different talents
he is compelling speaker but not much of a designer

Just because you or anybody else doesn't like it doesn't make it bad. Off-White is good in it's own right.

“NIGGER” and/or A-White 16 y.o. “HYPEBEAST” spotted.

>/r/The_Donald

Show your favorite pieces

lol, nigger

you sound 16

Why is everyone praising his Nike collab? They look like ordinary Nike shoes to me, can you show me the original shoe so I can compare them?

Seems to me like all he did was adding shit like “LACES” to them?

They have a "deconstructed" feel to a lot of them, with visible stitching on some design elements, along with his signature "words" in "helvetica".

I'm 50/50 on the collection, where some do feel just branded with the text, but others like the vapormax and presto better realize the concept behind the shoes. Pic related is my favorite of the ten, and one of my favorite sneakers of all the, the presto. The body of the shoe is inside out.

Here's the regular presto.

Note the differences in text and zip tie, which are more boring and typical off white, but also the irony color on the specially molded sole (not 2 tone), and the deconstructed look I mentioned reaching their final form in the faux moc toe created by the shoe being turned inside out, the tongue on the outside, and the strap on the back.

Wow, Virgil Abloh is a genius.

I guess you can only appreciate these if you already know and are a fan of the original.

id wear this. would cut off that ridicilous zip tie tho.

i watched the Harvard one live, he's not the best speaker at all but he knows his craft and ideas very well, thats a fucking priority if you're a creative

not a fan of OFF WHITE either but i like the Nike collab a lot

even virgil said its meant to be cut off and left alone

Yeah, it's like a "remove before flight" tag, looks retarded/tryhard if you leave it on.

“this” “nigger” “virgil” “really” “stepped” “up” “his” “viral” “marketing” “game” “didnt” “he” “?”

go back to pol child