Invest in stocks now and will probably get wiped out in the coming global economic depression of 2016/2017

>invest in stocks now and will probably get wiped out in the coming global economic depression of 2016/2017
>don't invest now and put everything in cash and my bank will collapse once they default on loans as global consumption falls in the depression
>buy gold/silver and the government confiscates it to defend their fiat currency
>buy bitcoin or crypto and the electricity grid shuts down due to the peak energy crisis caused by the global depression

Literally what the FUCK can I do that doesn't result in an outcome where I lose most of money Veeky Forums?

Bonds? Money market funds? What the hell can I do to ride out the coming global depression???

>inb4 guns and ammo

Land.

Do a bit of everything to minimise the risk

But "EVERYTHING" is going to be affected in the global depression.

First post, best post.

If you're so convinced of a collapse then start shortselling you cucks.

Its going to be a slow demise. The bottom won't be reached until 2018/2019.

Also long puts are prohibitively expensive for such long term shorting

Land and real estate, doesn't matter if the market value drops to zero, you will always have a roof and soil to grow your own food

options muh nigga

Ammo is actually not bad. Gold and silver can be good too, just don't let the government or anyone else know you have it. If you own your house just install a small safe under some floorboards. It's a really simple operation.

>implying the government won't seize property from landholders to finance the new world order
>implying property ownership isn't an illusion
>implying owning the land your house sits on will somehow protect you from the marauding hordes that will surely sweep the landscape when anarchy sets in

Canned foods and Trumpcoin.

>tfw I live in a State where you a handgun until I'm 21

Fucking Illinois, had to give my Ruger to my Uncle, gonna have to drive 20 minutes when the happening starts to pick it up.

No bullets is a good idea because hopefully one day you will use a bullet to kill yourself.

Which way does it go until it goes down? When it goes down buy spy puts sell spy calls. If you don't risk money you shouldn't talk about which way the market is going because you don't believe it yourself. Why would a global econ crisis happen? Fucking auto loans? Student loans? These things don't matter to every other sector.

>where you a handgun until I'm 21
>where you a handgun
>until I'm 21
why am i handgun in your state until you are 21?

>buy forrest
>and a rope

Assuming you actually own it.

If you know the direction the markets are headed, its literally impossible not to make money. Stop making excuses and short the markets.

You're 100% wrong with your wild-ass guesses, of course, but I think it would be funny to see you lose everything.

Gold bullets. Use them or stockpile them. You're covered either way if things go to shit.

Usable investments, led light bulbs, energy efficient appliances, water efficient plumbing, upgrades to your heating cooling system, possibly solar panels, better mpg car.

bitcoin, gold, and ammo

>muh electricity grid
the internet is literally designed to route around major grid failures

Buy gold and melt it down into the shape of a cross, say you have it for religious reasons. Or buy bitgold. Or buy Silver, which doesn't yet have a law saying it can be confiscated.

Youd need to invest in real estate of currencies that are bouncing back from the bottom, and sell out quickly to try and avoid dead cat bounces.

Or just dont give up your gold? Bury it in your basement under the concrete.

All you doom and gloomers crack me up. The world economy survived 2 world wars and a great depression. What do you think will damage the economy to the point of collapse? It's a ludicrous premise.

That being said, if you're truly worried about your economic assets being lost by the banks or confiscated by the government, I think there is only one logical solution. Have no assets. Spend every penny in the meantime so there's nothing to be lost or taken. Makes sense, no?

If the economy goes to deep shit like you're assuming then you're SOL no matter what. Seriously, if you're expecting an economic collapse of that magnitude you'd think investing would be the least of your concerns.

buy crypto currency and switch too chinas currency

>muh doomsday

ummm, you should challenge that in court. 18 is legal constitutional age, they can't prohibit you from buying a handgun based on age.