Is it worth, guys?

Is it worth, guys?

just buy docs hehehehehe

no...

yes, it is.

yeah if you want ugly mfa tier brogues

I say yes, thinking of copping myself but can't really do it, gotta save money for Christmas gifts and such, they're top nice though

Post a picture of your face, OP.

I can almost guarantee you'll look ridiculous in brogues, pretty much every young guy does.

Holy shit why would you buy those

Because they are great quality boots. But i agree that you have to be deep in tweed&barbourcore to wear them properly.

>you have to be deep in tweed&barbourcore to wear them properly
>ever considering another core
disgasutingu desu

no

I feel like brogues and wingtips always look bad on boots

>Is it worth, guys?

Not if you have to ask

>grain calf

absolutely disgusting

ayyy did you start this thread after they were mentioned in the britcore thread?
If so meermin has a very similiar pair at less than half the price

if you want a superfluous "Country" boot, that is basically a rich man's way of being rich while walking in the country, then yes.

I don't understand the first thing about fashion, but those thick soles feel wrong on those boots.

yes, those thick rugged rubber soles look absolutely wrong on a country boot.

beep beep, mf.

dainite soles aren't really thick, a bit more than leather, but they can still be pretty elegant

brooom

>bringing brogues to walk in the mud
I'm sorry, I thought those were meant for casual wearing.

>inb4 autist claims brogues were farmer's shoes.

I'd like to use them for casual stuff, like jeans, shirt and jacket.

then you should be looking elsewhere, find something that has a thinner sole, and isn't made for walking in shitty terrain. these are special kind of boot, with metal eyelets, they are not casual City walk around boots. the broguing is irrelevant really, it's just a style choice. I would choose something more like

C&J offers great quality. Their shoes age really well if you take care of them. If you are sure about the style and if you have that kind of money to throw on a pair of shoes, go for it

Are you seriously trying to compare Meermin to C&J ?

>Are you seriously trying to compare Meermin to C&J ?
Meermin typically uses better leather than Crockett. In particular, the sole leather C&J uses on full leather soles is deliberately too soft so that there will be a short to no break-in period and instant-gratification dumbos will believe they're high quality. The consequence is you invariably have to resole them after a year or two of moderate wear. Crockett do have better QA so there's less unevenness in the finish, but Meermin have gotten a lot better at this as well in the last few years.

That's not to say that there's anything BAD about Crockett and Jones as such, but they're deliberately entry level for "good shoes" and no sane person would get assmangled about them being compared to Meermin, whose price difference is almost entirely down to cutting out the middleman and doing online-only sales.

>Meermin typically uses better leather than Crockett.
lol
>they're deliberately entry level for "good shoes"
No. Loake are. A fair comparison would be Loake with Meermin, and I prefer Loake 1880.

>allen edmonds
Lmao

>I have literally no idea what I'm talking about: the post

lol, says the guy comparing C&J to Meermin.

>wearing boots that cost under $1000

You guys have heard of eBay right?

Get Cheaney ones instead. They're a bit cheaper, great quality and used to make shoes for Prada.

lol I'm the dude who first mentioned Meermin, chill out guys no need to fight it over, let's all just laugh together at the cole haans and paul evans plebs

Meermin > CnJ

what are you smoking boi, not even /r/goodyearwelt people are this misinformed.

good lord this is so wrong lol, Meermin are the step above 'glued together in China' - which is actually not bad and they can be a good deal depending on the currency youre buying with, but guys dont listen to this silly sausage

please just tell us your age? i wont trash you as everyone else has but just stop dude, you dont know what you are talking about

In fact i think Meermin are mostly made in China by relatives of the owners of Carmina. I dont undertand the hyle with them here in Veeky Forums.

You can buy proper Mallorca made shoes like Lottusse (good value) or Carmina (best ones). And from mainland Spain you have Berwick retailing for 160€ with decent quality or even Pedro del Hierro for 140€ or less.

>a thinner sole
I don't see anything wrong with the sole. Check these chukka boots. Same sole.

>Berwick
I'll pass close to their shop in Madrid. Any recommendation?

If you're looking for cheaper options, look at Grenson Fred and meermin.es also have a version.

their split-toe.

cool cuck boots user

yea those are both thick soles, if thats what you want. these are borderline chukkas, they are more desert boot due to the size of the sole in reality. if you want t a chunkier, more "country" style boot, then get that. just don't try and wear these boots with anything other pure casual.

They make good enough versions of most of the classics.

>feet fedora

just buy this from aldo for 1/4 the price

>aldo

>poor fag

Rubber soles? Fuck no.

Some people live in cold wet places. Like, you know, England, where those shoes are made.

>look 99% as good without paying 500 bucks

tell me how it is being stupid?

>look 99% as good without paying 500 bucks
>tell me how it is being stupid?
you are doing it pretty well.

Don't buy grenson unless it's triple welt.

Also Fred is different from these Islays, heavier look altogether.

they'll look 99% as good for 2-3 times before the weather and conditions catch up to the shitty leathers they use. This shit doesn't last a proper winter. After that it's a matter of the lasts they use ,which is subjective and I respect that. However comfort is not subjective and after they've been busted, the leather cracked and faded and your feet full of calluses you'll just spend another 150-200 bucks on the same pair while you could have gotten a way better deal elsewhere for the same price.

> implying a bunch of pimply-faced teens obsessed with rick & milsurp know even a fraction of r/gyw

case in point

>t i think Meermin are mostly made in China

If you're gonna lie, at least make it half believable

Meermin are made in China, you mongoloid.

Protip: no shoes in the Western World sold at any major department store are handmade.

Brotip: the lie that cedar shoe trees are the best in the world, especially for absorbing moisture, is a lie. It's an American con to try and sell the over-abundant wood that they have in their country. No other country peddles Cedar shoe trees like the US does.

All shoes with the exception of very very very few (mainly made in Eastern Europe) are made in a factory, with shoemaking machines that are simply controlled by a human who is guiding the shoe through the machine, but not doing the actual labor themselves. And that is NOT handmade. That is factory production!!!

No. The uppers are made in China and the soles are fixed to the shoes in Spain. This is common for even Made in England brands. The Made in England brands tend to have their uppers made in India instead.

Is common for shit brands. And only the Meermin Maestro line is finished in Spain. So they can trick mongoloids into thinking that all their shoes are finished in Spain.

>Is common for shit brands.

Like everyone?

Lobb's start at £4000 for Lobb England. For Lobb Paris it is £5000. Any brand selling under €700 is not all hand made! THE ONLY TRUE HANDMADE SHOES FROM START TO FINISH ARE BESPOKE ONES.

>This is common for even Made in England brands. The Made in England brands tend to have their uppers made in India instead.
No, it's not. If you do that, you can't call them "made in England" shoes. Only brands like Grenson and Loake do that with their cheaper lines which are made in India. Tricker's, C&J, Church's, and Edward Green are all hand made in Northampton (from start to finish).

It's not stupid. These fags think paying arbitrarily high prices somehow make the quality better when really they're just paying for the brand like a bunch of women.

t. a fucking buffoon

What's better than cedar then? Cedar shoe trees are pretty fucking cheap (in the US at least) and look nice/smell nice so I have no problems with buying them really

Good one, simp. Keep buying overpriced clothes like the feminized nu-male you are.

you're on Veeky Forums Veeky Forumsg be a big boy and quit with the terminology

I have to agree with . I have owned an Aldo shoe and Aldo boots and they lasted all of six months (granted I did beat the hell out of them wearing them everyday). The construction is low quality, the zipper snaps off, the lace rings fell off, and finally the sole separated from the upper so dirty snow water flooded into the actual inside of the show and the rot set in. I highly recommend you spend more money or search harder for a good boot that is actually durable and has a robust construction because Aldo is the H&M of footwear: looks nice wearing them out of the store and completely falling apart in an unreasonably short period of time. Even my Clark Gobi High Browns have outlasted them (3 years now) and I have never taken them to be repaired or even done the most basic of maintenance on them, and they have been completely submerged in water and had bleach spilled on them.

>What's better than cedar then?

Beech

>all hand made

Not true. It's all leather uppers are cut by lasers.

whatever, mangina

Yea I personally don't like that on a boot. Looks too busy and "frilly", if that makes sense.

>Looks 99% as good
>Lasts 1% as long

try a cheap shoes and then a 500 buck shoes. you can feel the difference, i can at least

omg Aldo? are you retarded? yes you are why am I even asking.

England? we are talking about England? England 60% Paki/Indian/Shitskin.
>people buying boots because they are Made in "England"
they are made in England, by Shitskins

if you can afford it
dems look clean

I've owned Allen Edmonds, Loake, Fratelli

No you don't feel the difference.

Also enjoy the shoes being worthless in a year if your feet grow out.

No one needs $500 footwear

>Allen Edmonds, Loake, Fratelli
Shit tier

omg, you truly think you are paying the origin of the worker's hands?

>Any brand selling under €700 is not all hand made!
Bonafe.

>Loake
>Shit tier

nah

yah

they are very good shoes. The 1880 is quite consistent: good uppers, good soles, overall good construction. They are definitely shoes that will last 5+ years.

1880 is fine, but overall they haven't got shit for more expensive shoes
>last 5+ years
5 years is way underestimated

>anyone not buying shoes that have expressly been crafted by milky white Briton fingers

>Briton
They already got cucked by the romans, angles, saxons and normans. Full cuck nation

Celtic animals got destroyed and left behind the glorious anglo to cuck the entire earth

Are you pubescent lmao

Certainly looks handsome.

Is it worth £470? Nah. You can probably find the same look for much less somewhere else.

lol, defintely not
im sure they are nice but definitely not

tfw buyers remorse

Reminder that the average modern day Brit is half Celtic/half Germanic.

half the board consists of contrarian underage b& faggots, no surprises here

These are fuckin beautiful. Did you end up copping, OP?