Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums
If you will ever own 1 wrist watch on all occasion,
be it formal, casual, sports and outdoors
What watch would you pick?

Rolex explorer because I have lanklet wrists and I only wear a suit a couple times a year and likely will never in my life wear a suit more than a couple times a year. So that's the best looking small sports watch imo.

However there are no watches that go with both jeans and a t shirt and a suit and tie. Literally none. Don't even attempt to cover both situations with one watch.

Divers do both quite well. They only start to look bad with black or white tie (if you are not 007) o while actually doing non nautical sports.

Divers are too chunky for a suit. Your watch should always easily fit under your shirt cuffs regardless of formality, and when you're wearing a suit in a relatively formal context (i.e. western business or more formal) your shirt cuffs should be pretty tight. You can *maybe* get away with it if you have large wrists or with a French cuff. But regardless, a watch with a leather strap and numbered indices is more fitting in formality.

Rolex Sub Hulk or Grand Seiko Snowflake

rolex 126300 or 126303

Rolex Submariner 14060 or the white dial Rolex Daytona 116500LN.

Should I?

for €18? what can go wrong?

get the budget phantom pain watch

yes, but get a nato strap aswell since that original resin one will break within a year.

GS Snowflake

$7.88 at Walmart, keeps time pretty well. Parts are all cheap and easily replaced if broken.
Only downside is that the stainless steel is only a thin layer, so over time it wears away to copper, but I think it looks better that way regardless.

Pic related mine after the stainless wore away

> Divers with a suit
If you want to look like a cheap salesman, sure. If you're a fat fuck, sure.

Modern suits are streamlined. Divers are chunky. Contrasting ethos is bad contrast.

Stainless Steel Apple Watch, with the link band and the brown classic buckle famalam.

So cufflinks are off the menu as well? Get a fucking life retard and stop giving advice to these kids troglodyte

Speedmaster pro

AP Royal Oak or VC Overseas

This AP

Here

>should always
just shoot yourself in the dick now.

this user has good taste

But you have to be rich if you'll wear it as a beater. So I'd personally pair that with a Seiko turtle+nato for outdoor stuff and I'd be set for life.

My first 'luxury' watch.

Thoughts?

Good buy. Don't sell it.

36mm Omega Railmaster
very practical, very clean, extremely versatile
feels more rugged than the Explorer, dressier than the Luminor - both of which I like very much.
Also there's this slightly casual/active vibe about the Omega brand that I just like more.

Rolex Explorer is most versatile

if it had date would be perfect for me, but that's why I like the new 126300

>wearing a wristwatch with white tie

Hell, even for black tie it's not exactly traditional, though you will get away with it

rolex is a trash brand form plebs with 0 taste. it's tacky and I've never seen it look good on any1

Buy a real grown up watch like a Jaeger leCoultre, Patek Philippe or A. Lange und Sohne

1/10

does the truth hurt?

Post collection.

Something like pic related, but with a solid caseback with custom emaille would be great. Unfortunately not robust enough in gold and also way too expensive for me to afford

So realistically I would get something like pic related and put it on an ostrich strap

>Only downside being that the stainless wears away

You forgot the downside that it's an abhorrently ugly watch user

Nobody uses white tie, but given the case id rather wear a watch than carrying a fucking phone as everybody does.

Is like black tie, some people say that its not proper to wear a watch while carrying a fucking brick sized phone that prints like shit and even TAKING PHOTOS WITH IT (wearing a watch and caring about time is not proper but it is to carry your fucking phone???)

>JLC
I'll give you this one

>Patek
>Lange
overrated trash

Explain yourself, i hapen to like many Pateks quite a lot.

I've handled Pateks in their store while on a vacation. They are really underwhelming.

There is a Patek boutique near my former home and i do like them. I wont pay retail for them (as i would for better value brands as Omega or Grand Seiko) but i find them great stuff.

>be undisputed "top" luxury watchmaker
>has to ape Audemar Piguet for designs

similary. Over the years I've been wearing only overcoats and slp-style stuff. And i don't feel like any sports watch matches with what I wear so end up wearing a "dress watch " on casual situations most times.

I'm thinking of this for an all rounder. It's also steel which is more durable.

If I was going to buy a moonphase I'd get this Maurice Lacroix instead. More complications and much better designed for half the price of the JLC.

It has a manufacture in-house movement to boot.

You know how the Royal Oak and the Nautilus were designed, dont you?

by a guy who didn't like watches and it was ment to sell a watch that would otherwise be rather cheap at exorbitant prices just so that the wearer would have to say that they have so much money they can spend it that way. and thats how swiss watches became luxury and survived the quartz apocalypse

Mostly right. But Patek didnt stole AP anything->my point.

fuck yea. You're right about that, my daily driver is the Seiko Zimbe Turtle and my dress up is the grand Seiko Hi- beat GMT with the solar burst dial. Def want the snowflake too.

I also wear the MM300 on my days off, pretty big but really nice

>copper
doubt it

please don't let this be an unironic post

Yeah it’s pretty plebeian to carry a phone with you to a white tie affair. If there’s anything worth photographing the host will generally have booked a photographer anyways.

Of course some people do need their phone for work, and desu if you just leave it in your pocket and only check it discreetly and when not around others that is fine too. You can also carry a watch to white tie btw, just make it a pocket watch. Same principle, you can have the device so long as you’re not constantly displaying it

I usually just go with sweaters and chinos, polos and other slighly-more-dressy-than-t-shirt clothing. Imo many dress watches work just fine with that, and if I could only have one watch I would certainly pick a dress watch over a diver or something like that.

My ideal two piece collection would be a steel JLC Reverso on an Ostrich Strap as a daily and a watch from the Lange 1815 series for more formal outfits and just when I feel like it. Unfortunately at least the latter isn’t looking too realistic anytime soon

>Maurice Lacroix

you're fucking joking right?

Rolex red and blue diver

>idiot memer who doesn't know watch companies

you're a fucking joke if you think deriding ML in any way is warranted.

>unironically buying an unsellable complicated cheap patek ripoff

get the real thing, look for something simpler, get a fake one or just fuck off

Speedy Pro

Oh I like this one a lot

>patek ripoff
>no observable design taken from patek

you're a clueless moron. stop talking and kys.

I love simple stainless steel diving watches.

What I would like:
Tag Heuer Aquaracer
Breitling Aeromarine
Rolex Submariner
Omega Seamaster
IWC AquaTimer

What I have:
Certina DS Action

It looks like a Swatch Irony - which is not terrible. But as it's a Rolex, you probably can sell it for a good price.

Does anyone know if this is real or not? It was given to me by a friend, however I can't find it online at all, any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP asked for a watch that can be worn on any occasions, including sport. Leather bracelets are absolute garbage for water sports.

Modern diving watches (like mentioned in ) have normal sizes and fit under a shirt and a suit perfectly. The really big ones that don't fit with shirt and suit are the ones designed for tec diving: e.g. Seiko Prospex, Citizen Pro Master, Oris Pro Diver, Omega Seamaster, etc. Also, all those pseudo operator watches like Luminox or Victorinox don't match with suits.

Nah he asked what we would get if we could only own one watch. I don’t do much water sports, and I can just not wear the watch when going swimming.

No point getting a diver just for those rare occasions when most of the time on most occasions it doesn’t work as well

Well, ask yourself this: Is your friend a multimillionaire who is willing to give out Patek watches? If he arrived at your home in his Porsche 918 and left in his 300 SL Gullwing then there is a slim chance it may be real.

All you need is a Series 3 AW in Stailess Steel and you're golden.

The fakest I dun seen.

> Cufflinks are the same as watches

Found the retard.

>36mm
Patrician size

he just doesn't have fat wrists

derp. misread what u said. ignore me pls

>disproportion bezel not even fluted
>mix of plain and lumed indices
>g..guys its boring what should we do? Sprinkle some fucking mickey mouse neon dots on it!

That's gonna age real fucking well, fucking retard. Also same fagging for validation is pathetic.

u mad