Is there a specific name for this kind of aesthetic? I love the desert fox/1940s africa/WW2 look

Is there a specific name for this kind of aesthetic? I love the desert fox/1940s africa/WW2 look.

Rat Patrolcore.

Afrika korps

I prefer this style.

lawrence of arabia core

Underrated

>Afrika Korps
>Africa Core

WE

>Ywn hit 'n run a german airfield with your buds in tiny jeeps.
why live?

Heh

fuck u i joined this thread to post that

Africore

Bumping

Probably desertcore.
Can anyone identify that jacket he's wearing?
I thought it looked like a field coat but it seems too fitting and light to be one.

It may shock you to learn that field coats come in a vast variety and are called a lot of different things.

Sapper jacket
Utility jacket
Field jacket
Mechanics jacket
Cargo jacket
and others, no doubt.

In the case of OP it is a safe bet to call it a safari jacket.

That doesn't sound like a very useful op.
First of all airfields are usually a long, long way behind the front line so getting there and back constitutes a huge risk all by itself.

but then you get there - what are you actually trying to accomplish? You need to do a reasonable amount of infrastructure damage to justify the trip. If you're just going to shoot a few guards, you could have done that anywhere.

>a huge risk
That's why the SAS did it. It is all about high speed low drag. If the enemy drives a long way through the desert and suprises you at your base it will catch you offguard. And I think especially on the African theater where supplies were scarce destroying planes and fueltanks will have a big impact on the course of the war.

Tatooine core

It obviously was worth doing, or else the members of the SAS like Sir. Christopher Lee wouldn't have done it.

>You will never attack, harass and wreak havoc on Field Marshal Rommel's vaunted Afrika Korps

What's the point?

The SAS used specially rigged Jeeps or Land Rovers to travel at night and they camo'd up during the day. Then, when they got to the airfield, they used demolitions and incendiaries placed in the best locations to blow up and burn down the planes, fuel tanks, repair tents, crew quarters, etc. Sometimes, they just drove down the landing strip shooting armor piercing incendiary rounds into the parked planes, which had the same effect as if they'd gotten lit up by another fighter in the air.

Then they drove like hell off into the night and laid up in the day as they made their way back to Allied lines.

Being able to cover long distances and strike where they weren't expected to be enabled them to cause a lot of damage. And made it worth it.

Who Dares Wins.

sahara core

/thread