General techwear thread

/AFFORDABLE/ Tech Wear

Looking to buy some gear for jogging, but my job pays minimum wage and I have little money saved

What techwear are YOU wearing? Any recommendations on things you actually bought? Any good cheap stuff out there by Nike or smth? I just wanna be all black and jog through the neighborhood..

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/01KfOAn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where can I find some nice undershirts?The long ones that goes past yer waist. I'm a longboye so it's gonna be heard from the bet go, but it seems like they're hard to find. Not sure what to categorise them.

these techwear niggas always hide their faces

does nike have any nice puffer jackets for a roadman look?

can I get a fit check?

Your hair is a crime.

cool pic but meh outfit

uniqlo airism

>affordable
Inb4 techwear is about function fags

you're a fatty first of all. besides that, bad qasa colorway, pants just flopping around down there. you look around 20 years too old for this hair color and well, it's very basic in general, all black, but no interesting silhouette. the pieces themselves are fine.

Does this work? I think it's okay but my friends seem to have mixed opinions. The top right is a parka by the way. I think it works with the jacket nicely...

I think that jacket is a lil raggy, but what do I know. I like the parka though. W2C?

Puma Evolution Lab packable cape (~200)

Alright, how about this. Too many layers?

What you are talking about, nigga? Its about eurosdallasyenis spent on outfits not a function. Hey guys did you heard this faggot? He thinks techwear is for function. What a joke.

>those pants
>those glasses
>that fucking jacket

I changed the pants and the jacket. I ACTUALLY tried to go for function over form this time.

is my second try. Everything there actually serves a purpose (hard shell, soft shell, warmth, water repellent clothing) so is it better?

But I liked the glasses. are they not cool :c

you changed the jacket to something that resembles a cheap Assassins Creed cosplay replica. The whole outfit is fedora-core.

So what do I do?? This is a bigger version of the coat - it's not leather. The other smaller jacket is uniqlo. That's okay, right? Could you rate the individual parts out of 10? I'm struggling to figure out what to change.

Do you have a picture of the jacket on a human? The length makes it a little cosplay-ish in my head but it could be better than expected.

Great interior.

Can you post a pic of yourself? If you're overweight or not attractive you won't be able to pull this off and you'll look like a school shooter, sorry.

>literally a cosplay piece
holy shit, I didn't buy into the "techwear has turned into cosplay" meme until now. You people legit are trying to LARP with this garbage.
>designed by fashion label ACRNM
this is too good to be true holy shit

I'll get one from about a year ago. Just a minute.

I didn't know it was for cosplay... the webpage said it had water repellent material and shit.

Thanks.

pic related

you aren't getting a good technical trench coat for under $600

start with monochromatic outlier/TAD/arcteryx/TNF fits and go from there, you don't have enough experience to wear that shit yet

Forgive me for being ignorant, but what kind of experience do you need exactly to wear a coat?

I'm not much of a looker, I won't lie. I can find a better picture of my thinness if you want. I'm about 6 foot 3/6 foot 4.

>Forgive me for being ignorant, but what kind of experience do you need exactly to wear a coat?

you'll need experience on how to put an outfit together that doesn't make it look like you're cosplaying Blade

regardless that trenchcoat is shit

>that doesn't make it look like you're cosplaying Blade
Touche. What about the coat is shit though? I mean, will it really look like a shit cosplay with the rest of the ensemble? It doesn't immediately stand out as a cosplay style jacket to the average person.. or am I mistaken? I kind of like it. This is what it looks like out in the wild. , do you personally like the jacket? Since this is your picture and all.

Sorry for asking a shit tonne of questions. I just want to figure out what exactly I'm doing wrong. Am I right in thinking that the rest of the outfit (minus the glasses) is okay? I did kind of like the glasses, but if they look stupid I can get rid of them.

>Watching farfetch, notice Veilance Field Overshirt
for ~$399
>LOL 30% OFF SALE
>increase price
>now at $444

I get the feeling that black friday this year is once again going to be shit for the techwear realm.

>Touche. What about the coat is shit though?

shit construction with garbage materials

I'm not sure why you're asking him his opinions when his fits need a lot of work (putting it nicely)

techwear is not all goth ninja stuff and it's a mistake to jump in at that point

dress like a slightly normal person for a while and build a nice collection of base layers and staple pieces (while saving to buy quality central pieces) instead of buying a chinese video game cosplay coat as a personality substitute

kek

>garbage materials

Well fair enough then. Guess it'll have to go.

I've learnt the hard way that I can't just jump into the cyberpunk deep end haha. What kind of base layers am I looking for? I'll need to compile a list of what base layers I'm getting and what central pieces I'm saving for. I feel like the pants are decent quality (enfin leve urturi technical cargo pants) and I've heard the brand is reputable. I was going for the Schoeller Dryskin because the Technical Poplin doesn't repel water as well? However, these are fucking expensive for me so I guess they'll have to go into the save pile.

The windbreaker by uniqlo is much less expensive and I can get it within the next two weeks. The red top isn't too pricey (nike x undercover gyakusou kniw). Those two seem to be likeable amoungst the community at least, so I hope it'll be alright for me to get those. I'll keep em on the board.

The shoes (Presto mids) look good and are DWR apparently. Not sure if that claim actually means much. They seem comfortable and work well with the pants? I'll keep them on the list for now.

The neck thing (heattech fleece neck warmer) doesn't seem to be controversial and it's cold where I live. I'll get that I guess.

The glasses...not sure what to do about them. They do look stupid I guess? But I want to hear your opinion since I'm the newbie here.

So it looks like I'll need cheaper pants and shoes, or some sort of cheap alternative to them. Should I just wear normal stuff until I can save up? I don't see a necessary rush to buy anything. I'll also need a hard shell. I'm looking at the brands suggested but not much looks good. This one by guerilla group seems to be okay? Fairly pricey at 400 though. Will definitely have to save if I want it.

You're lucky, being black you can wear all the black clothes you want and you won't look like a school shooter.

I know, right? My asian friend who is basically a fashion designer want to get me into afropunk and colours and shit. Nope, I'd rather just sit around in black, thank you. Colour's one less thing to worry about.

W2c sweater?

I said in , nike x undercover gyakusou knit

how are Outlier's basics? their modeling/site design/descriptions make everything look really attractive but I don't want to pay a markup if the quality is subpar

This any good? Asics fusex urban adapt jacket. Claims to have MotionDry technology. Less than £100. I don't want to spend too much on a fit to be honest but it might do for a lower price? Also, is this an inner shell or an outer shell, I'm a retard lol

very good

only thing I don't like about them is that they're pretty standard pockets/carrying capacity wise

Real techwear is about function

The shit you refer to as techwear is just nigger clothing that looks Spacey for niglets playing high school football.

Same fucking polyester bullshit since 1986

But teh boost from Kanye?!

This is made out of milk jug material stopping .338 Lapua from 50 feet

Adidas sold you polyethylene foam for $550

In my opinion, if you want to get a techwear fit and you're broke, learn to taobao. You can get some decent techwear-esque fits for cheaper. Not cheap, cheaper. Go to r/fashionreps or some shit and search techwear. You may find some pieces, you gotta put them together to find the answer yourself.
>Inb4 leddit boogeyman
Yeah, it's shit, but it's convenient .

Tbh looks rly nice, would only be good for sporty outfits used with actual runningwear. Its a soft shell, and "inner shell" would be a mid layer, which this could be used as.

I'm really into the SLP aesthetic and very slim silhouettes.

I like techwear for functional clothing, I can't exactly run in my wyatts or be in rain.
What are some techwear pieces I could incorporate into SLP type silhouettes? (i.e. slim and well-fitting as opposed to baggier)

shit thread. there is already a better one up
sa.ge

Eh I've used reddit for years anyway. Thanks man

Alright, here's my next fucking try. What works, what doesn't, should I just kill myself.

Should qualify by saying I'm getting almost all of this from Taobao, that's why it's so cheap. Also, it seems like the Acronym is a replica? Are replicas for this style even worth it (since it's supposed to be function over form and all) so should I just get a different, genuine jacket for the same amount?

help

Stick to one containment thread you retards

>acronym form aliexpress

please dont do this to youreself

So I should go for the cav empt jacket?

what are those pants

hey retard, you've already gotten advice

if you're doing all black, at least start with basic garments and go from there

alternatively look like a fucking yugioh player

up to you

Enfin leve

What ARE basic garments you fucking mong

How are people meant to do that if you don't tell them what they fucking are. You'd rather sit and condescend and feel like hot shit for 10 seconds than just be more bloody specific

Reposting here cause this thread killed the other one:

xx

Hey Veeky Forums, I was looking into packs to cop on Black Friday and bumped into this brand called Crafted Goods. Anyone know anything about it?

Googling gives a couple of reviews but it seems to be a pretty small brand. Not a lot of info

Looks good. Link?

craftedgoods.com

everything there's a fucking replica, retard

TJ has some Adidas x White Mountain stuff on the clearance racks

>he thinks he can buy a J1A-GT for 75 pounds
>and a cav empt jacket for 35
>GG long-line tank for 11

wtf is wrong with you?

any tips on hiker core aesthetic

looks faggoty

full TAD

Fix your hair homie
Also did you post this to reddit as well? lol

Where do I find this mask? What should I even search for?

This thread and lurking Rick Owens for the last half hour has inspired me on my wardrobe change over the new year. Something along the lines of urban-hacker-ninja type guy.. but I'll have to lose some weight because at 5'11" and 270, it might not look right.

good thing i don't have kids or a wife to nag me about buying this shit.

i've only recently been buying pieces and have acquired items for 1 total fit worth 2 grand and some change, how much have you spent in total on techwears? and is it justifiable? i mean it's not bullshit like supreme right?

>5'11 and 270

yikes

this one?
I searched for cloth/fabric (surgical) mask
a.co/01KfOAn

Have good forearms and ALWAYS ride up the sleeves, wear a hiker backpack with straps, wear high lace boots, wear pants that you can use a solid ass belt on, typically wear a light shirt, khaki or OD/ranger green pants look good, sunglasses are a requirement, don't be an unfit faggot and have an interesting or unique personality and cool hobbies

Thanks user

w2c pants + socks (?)

So you can't see the insane amounts of acne all over their faces from wearing masks like autists.

>it seems like the Acronym is a replica?
>£75

No fucking shit you retard

Post links to reps.