Seiko

what do you think about this as a starter auto?
Really good price, I think almost the lowest since march of 2015.

yeah seiko is a good brand

snk809 is probably goat starter mechanical

my only issue is the 15 seconds per day loss some people are experiencing

you really think so user?
is 37mm to small for a 9in wrist?

>9” wrist
I’m jealous

its the worst fucking thing user. All my watches are nato or zulu bands cause nothing fits. I mean I make it work

I'm wondering if I should wait to see if it will go lower. Might be a bad idea

Might as well get it

I may, reading more reviews seems their qc has gone down lately.

Not sure if I like the strap desu
Thoughts?

Just stick with a Casio F-91W until you can afford a grownup watch like an Omega.

Don't waste your money on this trash. Seiko is garbage.

How can you be so ignorant about horology? Omega has been coasting on the Speedmaster Pro for the last 4 decades. They haven't done a single worthwhile thing since then while Seiko continuously innovates. Dumpster tier opinion, I was embarrassed just reading your post.

I can't fucking stand people like you.
>LOL YOU'RE NOT COOL OR ADULT UNTIL YOU WASTE 100'S ON SOMETHING THAT DOES THE SAME THING AS SOMETHING YOU CAN GET FOR 10.
You're a fucking idiot.
I bet you never even leave the house to show off your overpriced bullshit.

>wanting to buy a cheap Seiko just because it's Japanese and you saw it recommended in a fucking infographic

Grow up, user.

maybe it is just me, I'm not into natos with that design. How about black nato with a single red stripe on the side

I have a few f-91s, cool little watches.
I'm assuming you drive a Bugatti?

here is the issue, I have huge wrists and I'm just not sure it would look right. Also, I couldn't make it seem larger with a nato because the lugs are 19mm. I have to think about it, maybe it will go a bit cheaper closer to black friday.

Good goy

Purely from a horological pov it's a pretty remarkable mechanical watch - very practical, minimal and has impressive build quality for the price.

From a Veeky Forums pov it's a fairly small, fairly simple watch, the case looks pretty cheap, the NATO strap looks cheap and from what I was told isn't too comfortable.

I've seen some nice mods of it though but they're mostly too expensive.

If the watch being mechanical is a big selling point for you then go ahead - within its price range and niche it's an undisputed GOAT.

Are there any other really cheap mechanical field watches? I've had a Tissot Visodate since January and it's been fun but it'd be nice to also have something more military and utilitarian. And has anyone ever put a nice leather strap on the SNK809?

Probably will be small for you, but Orient (seiko sub brand) and Seiko have other mechanicals for not much more money at bigger sizes.

Longislandwatch.com, Jomashop.com, and amazon tend to have the best prices for them and will be doing black friday sales. I'd take a look at some of those.

Obviously you can wear any watch you want, I would personally recommend 40mm minimum for your wrist. Also, some small watches can look bigger and some big watches can look smaller. Generally the busier the dial (indices, digits, complications, etc.) the bigger the watch looks without actually being bigger.

Hope some of that helped. Just for the love of god if you buy a seiko (especially the 809) replace the strap with something else, anything else. They are notoriously shit to save on manufacturing cost so the watch itself is better quality for the price.

I've worn seikos all my life, I've heard good things about that one for the price too.

did I fucked up by getting seiko with stainless steel bracelet for $65?

no but it's probably a folded steel bracelet, not much to write home about. But as long as it's comfortable who cares? It's a beater watch.

If I get it soon, I'll come back to this thread if it's still up, and give you a good (you,) senpai.

Guys,what's your thoughts on a SNXS79 with NATO strap as a poorfag's all- occasion watch?

It's one of the smarter looking watches of the 5 series I know, but it will be my only timepiece for a while so it needs to look good (maybe I might buy Casio too if you think it's too formal for everywhere).
What colour NATO would look good on it? I'm thinking Grey or black and for formal occasions, a leather strap.

As a side note; how does one attach a NATO? I see Ebay listings for spring bars and strap pins.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Spring bars it is then.
Oh, and what's your thoughts on colour?

>I bet you never even leave the house
Wtf does that even mean?

I dropped mine once, and now it looses two minutes a day. Since the second hand doesn't hack, you can't get it to be too precise anyway. Considering how cheap it was, I don't mind pulling out the crown, backing the minute hand up two lines, and going on with my day.

That's just your opinion man, the constellation series is a really nice dress watch and I like the design variety when compared to the Datejust/Day-Date.

so for $47 should I chance it and see if the price drops lower next week?

sorry forgot, how precise is the crown? Does the minute hand jump at all when pressing it in

For 47 you should just buy it. It sounds like you should also just come to terms with the fact that it's not going to be especially accurate - it's an extremely economical mechanical watch. Expect it to be thirty seconds per day off and be glad if you happen to get a better one.

thanks user

i'm thinking of copping this

purdy

best seiko5 mod i've seen

how poor do you have to be to make three separate posts asking if you should wait to save a maximum of 5 dollars?

just buy the fucking watch and be satisfied with it

are automatics more expensive than wound watches?
I don't mind quartz if it has some kind of lighting like super illumnator or indiglo

That is a dumb question, I'm assuming you are still in college or just don't give a shit about your life beyond right this moment.

sauce on watch?

Not him but if you consider the average price and the deviation $47 is pretty good and he should buy it now if he really wants it.

Good watch, a bit too small and comes tuned like shit from factory. For cheap end i prefer Orient, and keep Seiko for upper range. But by no means a bad watch.

casio amw-320 with clockwork synergy 22mm nato

also watching this one on the bay
no strap but I only wear natos

Why does every watch need to have those glow-in-the-dark shits in them. It's such an ugly greenish colour, it ruins the whole watch

every watch does not have them...

that grid is disghusting.

I just got a timex weekender chrono and im in love.

>timex weekender chrono
>in love

they do look sexy in black.
does it have indiglo?

You hurt my fragile sensibilities.

>what do you think about this as a starter auto?
its fine. or you can get any other seiko 5 or a vostok. the stock strap on that watch is horrendous, so you'll need to cough up extra for a new one

>What is co-axial?

its pointless to get a watch that isnt expensive in modern times. you just look like a highschooler.

HALP!!

I'm trying to figure out the lug width for the snxs79k.
But it seems Seiko and every phucker on every forum post doesn't know what lug width it is.
It's really stressing me out. I want it and a nice NATO strap before my birthday but not any two people say the same number.

Japanese brands (esp. Seiko) are usually good for nice solid starter-tier watch. Good variety of styles and usually decent stainless steel (as opposed to electroplated crap) too.

right, thanks user you are really contributing.

just measure in mm next time

Yeah that's one of the sources I was on about. It says that same measurement about other models too and I've heard people on youtube sayuing those other models are different sizes etc.

just measure between the lugs, most lugs you can go up a size just dont go to small

I can't measuring something that I am yet to own.

This is the Clarks Desert Boot of watches. I wouldn't wear one for this reason. It announces to everyone, "I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm trying to get my shit together."

is this too dressy?

2nd best?

I dont like how the 809 has that cheap plastic look
i want one that looks shinier

You can polish it up with one of those cape cod clothes to get rid of that matt look

Seiko it's good, but I rec save up for vintage omega. Immortal, classic, tasteful

No.

I love everything about this watch except those square hands really turn me off.

c or n?

I really wish It was a black strap.
I guess I can replace it but its 21mm

Having a hard time deciding between an Orient Ray Raven and a Seiko SKX009. Which do you think ismore versatile? Can you dress up an all black diver?

Maybe I'll just save up for a Samurai, a Hamilton Diver, or a Glycine Combat Sub

What's the best starter Omega?

Speedmaster Professional MAN ON THE FUCKIN MOON

But seriously, don't buy any Omega other than the 3570.50.

Looks ugly desu

it was my starter auto and i regret nothing!
the strap quality was pretty shit tho, but i had it replaced and now its a-okay!

Too big and looks like shit

damn user why do you care so much what people think? Sorry you're like that brah

I've had this watch for a couple of months now, and I'm loving it! I'd say go for it!

Cop

Are any of my watches Veeky Forums?

Also OP Seiko's are great watches. I did have a vintage 5 that I gave to my brother because all he ever had were no name walmart watches and skeleton wrist fedoras. Its now the only watch he ever wears.

w2c

You might want to save up, if you buy an skx or raven while already thinking about something better you won't be satisfied. Saving up will get you something special instead of essentially a slightly more expensive beater.

nice 5600, cant go wrong with that

I like it, user

This argument could be applied to all of fashion. Why spend hundreds on Common Projects when you could get shoes from Payless for $10? You're in the wrong place if you think that's a valid argument