My mom's brothers were all bald by 30

My mom's brothers were all bald by 30.

Am I fucked?

How old are you?

22. I'm like NW 2 right now and have been since 18 or so. I haven't gotten any thinner on top and my hairline hasn't gotten any higher.

For what it's worth, my dad and his brothers have been NW 2 since their teens and only started balding in their late 40s

Sounds like you might be reasonably safe but keep an eye on it and draw up a plan to get yourself on finasteride and minoxodil the moment you start losing.
Don't use minoxodil if you have cats, though.
And be aware of the potential side effects of fin'.

how is your father ?

Forgot to add I'm 23. My crown is actually a bit thin, but even as a kid I had a big whorl. I also had a really bad bout of trichotillomania when I was 18, and it never quite grew back in as thick as it was in the first place.

Hasn't gotten any thinner.

Yeah I'm kinda mixed on fin. I'm not a fan of taking long term medication in general. I think if I really can't embrace buzzing it if I go bald, I'll get a system. Or, if it's available and I can afford it, hair cloning.

He's 63 and balding on his crown. His NW2 hairline is intact, thought. His brothers all have the same hairline and so does his mom.

The only older male cousin on my mom's side had a bald spot that was fairly obvious at 24. Now he's in his early 30s. No idea what the other side of his family is like in that regard.

I did 23andme a year ago and they said I have a 63% chance of not experiencing hair loss before 40, but I don't know how accurate it is.

What's the big deal if you start losing hair? Just accept it and go bald. There are plenty of worse things you could be dealing with.

Being bald doesn't look good on everyone. Luckily these days we have finasteride, transplants, and high quality toupees. Plus stem cell research is constantly advancing.

Is this an effay way to be bald?

I'm really mixed on beards but I feel like bald guys almost always look better with glasses.

yes bald people do look better with glasses
If your odds turn to be bad then don't fall for the hat meme
unless you're walter white

Sounds like the next two years will be the moment of truth for you. Perhaps try a buzz and see if you like it before considering fin.

Hopefully you follow your dad's path, which sounds likely of you have his hairline.

Remember that the whole "mother's side" thing is an urban myth. The genes aren't all on the X chromosome so they come from both sides.

>Don't use minoxodil if you have cats, though.

Why? I have cats

If you're getting that shit in your hair and on your hands you're going to get some of it on your cat(s). Doesn't matter how clean you are, it's like the shit particles on your toothbrush, right?

When minoxodil gets into cats their body can't break it down. It builds over time to a lethal toxicity.

Quick question. I've had a big forehead my whole life, kids used to make me pull my hair back in elementary school and laugh. I've never experienced hair loss and no one in my family has experienced balding except my Dad and one of his dad's brothers.. He isn't even bald. He'sjust receded and pulls it off pretty well. How is it sounding for me? My grandma on dad's side has a high natural hairline like me and my mom has a big forehead/high hairline too. Like I said, no one except my dad amd great uncle have experienced it, and despite my large forhead I've never experienced anything, but I still think I'm pretty young though. Just getting 3rd party opinions.

Say "my uncles" like a normal person you fucking faggot

I think the sensible thing for you to do is piss your pants and be anxious every day of your life even if you don't notice any hair loss.

Did you read the rest of his posts? He has uncles on both sides you literal mongoloid.

get on finesteride

I don't think that's a good idea to do preemptively. Tons of guys go to NW2 in their teens or 20s and then stay that way for decades.

>bald people do look better with glasses

No they look like absolute cucks in the 1st degree

DESU i'd rather kill my cats than go bald, but thanks for the advice

Why do you all expect medical advice from Veeky Forums?

only your grandfathers matter