Seriously Veeky Forums is buying a 7-8k watch worth it? It feels like a waste of fucking money

Seriously Veeky Forums is buying a 7-8k watch worth it? It feels like a waste of fucking money.

What the fuck i hope this is troll or copy pasta or someting. Basic rule of thumb is never spend

OVER
>300 on bags, backpacks, carrying luggage etc
>200 on watches
>400 on shoes, boots, ice skates, any footwear
>tops and pants are arguable because sometimes paying a fuck ton will guarentee a great name and great fabric

yeah it is, any watch under 4 figures is basically all the same trash

*****singular items***
ie. one backpack shouldnt cost u more than 300 and a watch should never run you over 200

You realize that analytically speaking had you wanted to drop 7 grand on an article of clothing, or an accessory that would need to be warranted by you having AT LEAST 100 grand to your name?

They're obviously not worth sacrificing other necessities for, but they sure are nice if you have some extra cash kicking around. If you don't care for watches or don't want to spend any money on them then fucking don't. They're not a necessity anymore and it's become perfectly socially acceptable to not wear a watch.

What's your source for these guidelines? Your ass?

By what analysis? I don't understand where you people are pulling these numbers from.

it's retarded, unless you're some super elite rich guy

just buy a cheap japanese watch

(YOU) The pricing model is a classic guideline that is picked and nitted every so often years. In the 2000's those are the guidelines, it's that simple .Those are in place to stop people -like you, whom i am assuming dropped a shit ton on a watch because of your radical defence towards it- from going out of their way on spending on stuff they think they need.

As far as the analytics go for the 100k savings needed are simple. Let's look at it simpler. If a watch costed $7 you would need $100 pocket money in order to rightfully buy it without being a retard and going over budget. This intakes you with $93 saved. Rule of thumb is that the average person will spend $90 monthly on basic living expenses. You need food, water, and either tickets or gas for transportation. Thus leaving you with coping room to spend.

If you were to have $100 to your name (first of all you shouldn't even be fucking buying a watch) but the old chinese proverb says that you're better off spending no more than $7 on the watch. Same apllies for 7grand and 100grand.

I don't even know what you're asking. The amount of money you're willing to sink into a watch depends on a number of factors including how much of a horology autist you are and how much you value the heritage of that particular model or watch brand etc.....and if you're coming at it from a fashion standpoint, you wouldn't be looking at fucking blancpain, you'd be looking at rolex. so all in all, you're a retard

It retarded if you are a dumb poorfag and have to save up money by eating ramen and living with your mom to get it.
Or when you are a no good NEET daddy gets you it for sucking his cock while you havent done anything to earn it.

For a rich and successful guy, it is a given that he wears a good, expensive watch.

>200 on watches
You know nothing Jon Snow.

No because I can buy the same watch in China for $100-

You can buy a replica. Blancpain is Swiss made.

>he likes rolex over blancpain
You're the fucking retard here my friend.

no you dumbass you should read what i said again. if you're asking about watches as a fashion statement, you're trying to make an appeal to normies. no one knows what the fuck blancpain is and the one OP linked looks no different from the traditional submariner styling that you could get from a seiko, orient, tag, or any other meme watch since they all look identical today. i too would go with blancpain over rolex if we're talkin horological value but since we aren't, it's a retarded watch to buy

Unless you can comfortably put down 8k on a watch without worrying about it, its too much.

100 quid would be pushing it for me, but you can still find decent styles/colours if you look.

>$90 a month to live
Where the fuck do you live, Ethiopia?

If you like it and it doesnt hurt your savings too much, i cant see the problem.

If you are expending money you dont have, its retarded.

I also think that wearing a watch that is worth more than your monthly income is a bit excesive, but you can have huge savings or whatever and be able to afford it.

>MUH cheap alternatives
Keep wearing casios and vans my friend.

What watch is this?

>being poor

Have you guys ever bought the refurbished rollex's off ebay? Buddy got one and it turned out to be legit. I was surprised.

Who’s rules are these?

filename

/g/ and /k/ tips

OVER
>400 on a laptop
>200 on a phone
>400 on a handgun

Yes, if you can afford it.
It's the equivalent of spending $150,000 on a car. If you can afford it there's actually a decent increase in quality and craftsmanship, but for most people it will be a stupid fucking purchase.

Is this watch Veeky Forums?

No, it is not. It's only worth it if they please and delight you as a hobby; if you have to ask, that means they don't, and you shouldn't get one. As status symbols they're utterly void and empty; only watchfags actually believe they convey status.

>it's become perfectly socially acceptable to not wear a watch
>it's become
Classless striver detected. The wristwatch originates with dogboys in the trenches strapping pocketwatches to their wrists with detachable leather straps; that's fine in war, since it's war and social conventions are utterly alien concerns. Practicality is everything. Later on when they were turned into jewelry, though, it was NEVER acceptable for a gentleman to wear one, because men don't wear jewelry. Even a wedding band is traditionally considered gauche for a man.

It's more like in the last 20-30 years it's become socially acceptable TO wear a watch, but most of the time you still won't see it. Big gaudy chunks of Switzerland on the wrist are something daytrading nouveau-riches indulge in.

>tfw took off my automatic and my little cousin quickset the day and date when you weren't supposed to
FUCK