Shoe thread

Give me your best shoe tips.

I’d like to cop low doctor martens because i know some guys that have them and I think it looks really neat. The problem is that docs are very associated with the ”hipster” culture where I live (to go along with the kånken backpack and a jeans jacket). Unfortunately I kind of fit the ”hipster” stereotype already as it is and I like to distance myself from strong brand names as much as I can.

Other urls found in this thread:

dsw.com/en/us/product/bullboxer-brosus-cap-toe-boot/317277?activeColor=200
twitter.com/AnonBabble

find them in a different colorway. everyone i've seen who wears them either wears black or something gaudy and ridiculous that they can't pull off like shiny pink. i'm wanna pick up some red ones myself but i don't like the yellow stitching. tryna find some with just black stitching. go with something classic like red or brown or something. or buy a different shoe altogether. i'm also gonna pick a pair of pic relateds. wallabees are like the perfect shoe rn desu. no one really wears them but they look sick

1. Find a different bulky derby shoe
2. Get them in a different color
3. Stop caring so much

No the problem is that you wear them for a year and that cheap Chinese shit just falls apart.

And they literally come apart in your heel.

i have these exact shoes. yup they're fucking nice

Everyone and their mom wears Wallabees where I'm at, it's a borderline normie shoe.

how many wears did you get from yours, daily for a year? that sems pretty decent to me not expecting stuff to last forever

bump

are you in the us?

so i am interested in getting these kinds of shoes too, i know h&m has one, but how is the quality? thanks

How do you clean suade trainers?

Eraser rubber and suede care spray.

Can someone give me the name for these adidas for me?

Lv 1 shoes

Get a shoe cleaning and maintenance kit and give your shoes a treatment after buying them. (if leather)

>Wearing roastie shoes.

how are these comfort-wise?

>The problem is that docs are very associated with the ”hipster” culture where I live
Move

This.

what are some higher quality bulky derby shoe alternatives?

Solvair

How's the sizing on Solovairs? I wear 10,5 UK in adidas and 11 UK in nike, should I pick 11 UK Solovair?

Yeah, I already checked the website, but I need some info from somebody that had experience with them.

go try them on dumb millennial

There are none stationary shops selling them here back in my country, dumb boomer.

does anyone even have docs? is there any cushion or is it just a chunk of thick ass hard ass rubber?

Thats because people buy the stuff online and fuck local stores. Then they whine about not getting to try or see anything irl, poor customer experience or their area becoming deadtown.

Enjoy your hikikomori future, rat kids.

It doesn't quite work if you'd like to buy something that those stores don't stock. It's the stores fault of not stocking them, customer hasn't got a jack shit in deciding what brands do they stock.

Guys, help!
I really like these boots but I ruined them by trying to wash the dirt off with soap and brush.

Now the suede looks shiny and gross. Are they permanently fucked or can I restore them?

Help me out!

if you already look like a dork without docs, getting docs isnt gonna change that, vice versa, etc

Another angle. They look much worse in first pic. :s

Be real with me lads, are docs 1461 gonna make my feet look huge (clown shoes)? If yes, what are some similar looking alternatives without this effect

Not really, and if so in an aesthetic way.

I think the 1461 monos are better for a sleeker aesthetic.

Left or right

Depends on the rest of your fit.

Where can I get some sick boots today or tomorrow no more than $150?

I can actually get those for $150 with a 40% off coupon. Is that a good deal?

This is why I don't buy suede; it's more annoying to care for.
DESU senpai I suggest searching styleforum or askandy. I'm sure there's some kind of conditioner that works on suede (don't just use any old thing, lest it make things worse).

Best thing you can do with suede shoes is spray them with that nano waterproofing shit and brush them every so often. Besides that, I really have no idea hence my dislike for that style of leather.

gigglesearch: "suede soap ruined site:styleforum.net"

get the octavius orleans instead

left of course. don't lace them like that tho

People complain that they're grey instead of black. Is this true?

Try on docs, they use the same last. Then order whatever doc size u are

not the person you're asking but I bought a pair of docs about 8 months ago and don't see any damage other than some creasing in the leather but that's to be expected

>tfw I want a pair of doc martens, but I'd look like a skinhead. I'll probably have to settle for Chippewas

dsw.com/en/us/product/bullboxer-brosus-cap-toe-boot/317277?activeColor=200

Anyone have experience? They're a good price right now and not wanting to spend too much. Can't find similar looking boots for the price.

Just got my monos today, I'm liking them so far

post pics

That's not even true though. The solovair site has several different lasts, the two derbies they do are a whole size apart. How do I know which one is the same as docs?

The fuck? I've been wearing my Doc's for like 5 years now and literally nothing happened to the shoe. What the fuck are using them for?

Im looking for a causal, oxford style shoe I can wear with some rolled chinos or nice denim. Im very skeptical of brands Ive never heard of and prices under $100. Should I be?
Pic related for example is from the Brand Seven 91 and are like, 80 bucks. Red Flag?
Suggestions?