/DIY/

Do it yourself/ re-purposing general
"way too many colors, this collage hurts my eyes" edition
Anything about making your own clothes, customizing and/or tailoring goes here. Talk about your projects. Ask Questions. Share information. Help each other out.

PASTEBIN:
pastebin.com/hnXtzTk7
(if you think the pastebin lacks any information, just ask)
Japanese magazines, just in case you need them
pastebin.com/Q2iDYiAM

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/J9vz3rzM
warosu.org/fa/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=diy&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
youtube.com/watch?v=TXjwJcLY438
vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-from-club-to-catwalk-london-fashion-in-the-80s/club-to-catwalk-downloadable-dress-pattern/
blog.pattern-vault.com/2014/05/05/free-designer-pattern-patrick-kelly-one-seam-coat/
archive.org/details/patternmakingforfashiondesign-151012203826-lva1-app6892
jalie.com/jalie3242-men-women-underwear-sewing-pattern
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pole

I'm glad to see you guys are still doing the collage.

I got 2 yards of white 8oz twill

Do I make a form fitting jacket or a loose bouson-bomber

how can you guys really waste money making such hideous clothing without feeling dumb.

>unironically making clothes dedicated to some drug abusing sadboi rapper

you know he's just yung lean 2.0 right?

We’ll get somewhere eventually :ь

Repost. Shoulders need more ironing.

Could someone please proofread this paste?
pastebin.com/J9vz3rzM
Is all the information copy pasted correctly?
Is it understandable for a newcomer?

>That little emoji face.. kek

Anyone have the pic of the DiY burgundy bomber jacket with the ribbed condom shaped collar from a few months back? Think it was around summer/early fall

you could use the archive

Is it in the paste bin?
Or do you have a Link?

warosu.org/fa/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=diy&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

>>unironically making clothes dedicated to some drug abusing sadboi rapper

> comparing top-tier US born musician to some 20 year old belarussian slav niger living in city where muslims rape local population.

keked

Gonna try and make a coin bezel for a necklace out of an old bullet shell.

youtube.com/watch?v=TXjwJcLY438

>defending a dead fag unoriginal drug abuser " rapper" over an actual legitimate artist who got famous at 16 just by fucking around with his friends and accidentally created an entire genre

Fuck off homo

>calling someone homo while listeting to swedish underage fag...
just neck yourself faggot

How?

I would assume by cutting and soldering. I've actually been planning on making tie clips from 5.56 brass for a slightly "militaristic" look when wearing a tie.

fuck off this isn't the place for this kind of argument

address that to a shitface who has nothing to contribute here instead

everyone involved is stupid, the two parts kept responding to each other
back to diy now

Basically cutting a circle, bending the sides up to curl over the lip of the coin, soldering a brass jump ring to the top.

May epoxy the coin in, since it's sentimental, but worthless.

What's a good way to learn to use a sewing machine? I got some old ass sewing machine from my mom and got no idea where to start, should I just sew rags over rags or go for something practical but simple?

Also worth noting that I've never done this before, so I may fuck it up.

Will take pics and post if people want them.

make hats. there's an m43 field cap tutorial out there by a wehrmacht reenactor, with patterns.
>low fabric consumption
>practice several different skills
>not soul crushing to redo fifty times
>quick results

simple bags/backpacks are pretty easy too
it's like drawing- think about what you want to make and figure out what parts it's made up of

mess with the settings
learn how to adjust tension
sew on different stitch lengths to learn about SPI
learn how to perfect seams on fabric scraps (french seam, flat felled, welts, etc)
and then you can just go buy a woven shirt pattern and fabric, try it out

this is how i was taught to sew at fashion school, with no prior knowledge of how to remotely even operate a sewing machine

Sure!

Halfway done with my blue pair of underwear. Bought a green yarn for the sweater and some new fabrics. My brown pair of shorts has a big hole, so I have to make a new one. The white fabric will be used for another t shirt. Not sure if I should use Dylon or bark and mud (tahini?) to get a brown colour.

That's mine. Didn't have a condom collar, just stood up a little because it was too large. I'll try to find the pics, it's at my college apt right now and I'm at home for break.

uninspired diy.

denim stripe, and tommy hilfiger hammer loop

Any advice on recreating this?

Maybe douse a white shirt in vinegar, put acid-reacting highly concentrated red dye on your lips, and just kiss the shirt repeatedly.

If i bleach a section of a shirt long enough, will it begin to eat the fabric or just make it whiter than the cream / yellow color thats normal?

gonna paint a nylon?(canvas) jacket. will heavybody acrylic work? do i need to seal it with something?

>noragi user finally finished one

I wish he copped that bee though

another uninspired diy. seam rip off the girbaud jean straps and put them on cargo pants/ jackets. the logo looks the same as m+rc noir

I haven't sewed it on in this pic yet

Would you happen to know where I could find such dye

because it's fun, silly

color loss is based on bleach concentration primarily

Thanks famalams, hope I'll manage to make something worth showing

Found two sewing patterns.
Juliana Sissons The Scarlett Dress
vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-from-club-to-catwalk-london-fashion-in-the-80s/club-to-catwalk-downloadable-dress-pattern/

Patrick Kelly one-seam coat
blog.pattern-vault.com/2014/05/05/free-designer-pattern-patrick-kelly-one-seam-coat/

more weird shit

Please join our Lunarcore thread
You'd fit right in spacefamm

Need more DiYers and designers, also do you have a list of the materials/specific bomber/ribbing/collar/patterns
To make your space bomber?
I absolutely loved how the collar came out
Kinda reminds me of SpaceJews old doodle of this goyim, except less baggy and more fitted, I love it.

I don't know if you're still here from the previous thread, but if you are and you're still interested in stuff like gauge and needle size I thought this might be useful.

Bought this yarn today and the label seemed an excellent example of all the stuff I was talking about in practice. Tension means the same as gauge, so you can see the estimated gauge/tension, the recommended needle size and the weight note. It's a particularly clear label.

Materials were:
Maroon Corduroy
8 gauge YKK zips
Ribbed cuff material from etsy
Intermediate liner of diamond quilted cotton/poly material
inside liner was a mixture of leftover fabrics from other projects.
Nickel D rings
Nylon web belt for the cargo pockets

Pattern was DIY, made it based off an old jacket I had. It sort of got destroyed in the process of making the jacket.

The jacket itself recently got featured in a photo shoot in one of my uni clubs, I'll let you know if/when the photos come out. If I had to make it again, I wouldn't use cotton poly quilt lining, its too warm and makes the jacket very stiff. I'll be making another lunar-esque jacket this december. Haven't been in the diy threads for a while, college and job search is taking up my time, but I'm doing a little flannel project.

anyways, drop your ig lunarchan and i'll send you a dm

I've been desperately looking for a b&w striped long-sleeved shirt. I could only find it cheap at a H&M but it had a very obnoxious phrase (something like LA, California) in bright pink on the back.

Any ideas on something to cover it up that can look good? A patch? It was kind of a sticker so I don't know if I could take it off.

Can minimalistic pieces fit into lunarcore?

Just buy a telnyashka or breton shirt.

how can you guys really waste money buyingsuch hideous clothing without feeling dumb.

Pic related you, Mr Poopydiaperman

Make it weirder.
Somebody posted the pastebin with your information earlier in this thread.
Hank?

fix your posture!

How?

Hanten guy again, made another hanten but still don’t know how to take good pics

It ended up becoming a hanten and not a noragi. You really think I should cop? I’m not so sure about having a big back emblem any more.

Also check this one (if I’m not attention fagging). I can make one in about a day now that I have a template.

Tips?

This is quite neato

make subtle adjustments every day checking that you shoulders back and your neck isn't forwards. Also there are exercises you can do to fix it

I think I know what you mean with fixing the posture. What exercises?

Hi, I'm thinking of getting pic-related (zipper is on back), which is hand made afaik. Which color?

will contribute to thread in my next post thanks

I like the utility details and canvas material; an interesting bomber
nice shape -- could add distressing to highlight the aesthetic

bump

What if you take pictures at a 90 degrees angle and your belly/chest as the center of the picture?

have the same problem I found a jacket at h&m i love and look at the back low and behold it says i hate mondays on the back in a font that doesnt even go with the color of the jacket
pretty sure they have bots that they just plug trends into and the bots shit out random tweaks to the trends

bump

I'll stick to dylon.

If you are not sure, don't do it.
Is that what you usually wear with the noragi?
In what ways can you play with the pattern of the noragi?

In what way?

Couldn't find where I put the casing, so I'm using copper wire I hammered flat now.

It's going meh.

I think the bee would be neat on like a solid colored one, but that's just me. Personally I'd make it a thinner one, maybe linen, to wear in spring and maybe summer.

Forgot pic.

Obvious that it's not done yet.

This is what I'm trying to copy.

Search
siefer92
In tumblr

>is that what you usually wear with a noragi
If you mean clothes wise yeah pretty much. A noragi is just a casual men’s kimono. So you wear whatever pants it’s like a cardigan. Same with a hanten. The difference between the two is use and length.

If you mean the emblem on the back a noragi doesn’t typically have one, but a hanten does. Usually some sort of crest denoting your family or occupation. A hanten is a working jacket. It’s also work with work pants and such. Pic related is emblem style.

>in what ways can you play with the pattern.

Well it’s pretty much a big square so there’s a lot you can do to it. My biggest recommendation is to keep the arm holes relatively small. If you must have big oversized sleeves see it so that only a small circle where your arm fits through is connected to the body. Otherwise you get crazy bad armpit bunching.

I thought about doing it with the new one I made since it’s just a nice white-ish denim. Something blue maybe to match the lining.

I might make a light weight one out of my leftover fabric now that you mention it

This is going to look pretty sick. I kinda hope it has some “handmade” looking imperfections. Very classic feel.

I rarely do tees, but jeez man!
Awesome stuff here

you look exactly like a sushi chef and not in a good way

maybe instead of black use blue/grey next time

Ouch man. But it’s a really bad pic, that is a navy blue corduroy.

oh alright then ignore me

Nah you’re probably right, I intend to wear it with long sleeves though if that helps.

You working on anything currently?

I posted the front view in /p/ already, but here's the back of a fur I recently copped at Value Village.

I went in on my trousers with a split seam (with independent hems on the inner leg) and added my own touch to the coat with matte Krylon.

The rings are Afghani brass (via ebay).

Not a huge fan of the pants but that fur is sick af with the krylon.

Would you wear that out and about though? It’s pretty post dystopia core

I really like the trousers. The only issue I'd have is the fabric fraying/damaging, but I suppose that adds to the look.

Still, interesting idea.

Anybody in here who knows where I could find sewing patterns for yohji yamamoto/cdg type of pants? Tapered fit, wide fit or whatever it's called these days, I'm sure there must be some around but my google search didn't helped me at all besides watching some youtubers tailor some of their clothing pieces.

Thanks!

I don't know if I'm still gonna go for the look of the necklace I'm copying or if I'm gonna switch to the wider bezel look.

Either way the only things I'm gonna file are the edges so it's uniformly round.

>joeseph had a little overcoat-core

A Noragi I made, but unfortunately the sides seem to scrunch up too much. Anyone have any suggestions?

I mean, if you are going to make a new noragi, what would/could you do to make it more interesting compared to the previous one. Like you said, change the fabrics? Add something, like deep pockets? Elongate a side of the square?

I know you guys are sick to shit of bleach, but when it comes to bleach tone is the dye more important or the amount of bleach?

From what I understand the reason you get beige when bleaching black is because most black dyes are actually just extremely dark shades of red, so does that mean if I get pants with a good enough dye I can do a crumble black and white bleach effect? Or should I just say fuck it, but white jeans and dye them black?

Look good man, if you want the scrunching to go away you have to cut it like a regular shirt so that it countours the shoulder. If you check out withwendy on YouTube she has a diy shirt tutorial that could explain what I mean.
What fabric is that?

Honestly this is a very generic question. You’re really only limited by your imagination. It’s really all based on what you want to accomplish. Longer, shorter, slimmer cut, overlapping front panels, etc etc.

What you’re asking is like if you asked me to draw a circle on a piece of paper and then you said “how could you draw it more interesting?” There’s a million different answers.

If you’re asking me specifically what /I/ would do, probably drop the shoulders more and have longer sleeves.

Also yeah inside pockets.

>If you’re asking me specifically what /I/ would do, probably drop the shoulders more and have longer sleeves.
>Also yeah inside pockets
That's what I tried to ask.

Tbh fampai the scrunch makes it look a little more inconspicuous: at first glance it looks like a bomber. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, as that really just depends on what you want to accomplish, but great work nonetheless

archive.org/details/patternmakingforfashiondesign-151012203826-lva1-app6892

Anyone have any thoughts?

Should I keep the wide bezel look from or keep on trying to emulate with copper?

Keep the wide bezel, I think it looks dope.

have you got plans patterns for the undies, I tried making a pair once and they were trash

also do you go by hand or with a machine?

I have pre made patterns and I'm using a machine.
jalie.com/jalie3242-men-women-underwear-sewing-pattern