/Tech/ General (techwear/ninja/lunarcore/hiker etc.)

Welcome to new techwear thread - all sub-types and variations of techwear welcome.

Post tech questions, pickups, fits, inspo etc.

So what exactly is Techwear?

Born out of the unlikely crossover between fashion and the outdoors industry, urban techwear (or “techwear”, for short) is an emerging style that blends form with a relentless focus on function. While the athleisure style often straddles the line between aesthetics and utility, techwear chooses to ignore the line altogether: in our technology-enabled future, why couldn’t someone have both?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BbuYyKfn_oY/?taken-by=iamriotdivision
youtu.be/VgQm9StWO6Q
guerrilla-group.co/collections/new-releases/products/17s-es-jj02-ol-gg-x-hl
instagram.com/xeoniq/
discord.gg/d5BPHyJ
proof.nationalgeographic.com/2015/08/20/firefighters/
hilltrek.co.uk/
wintergreennorthernwear.com/
arktisoutdoor.co.uk/
battlelakeoutdoors.com/shop/catalog/
akgear.com/
paramo-clothing.com/
houdinisportswear.com/
cactusoutdoor.co.nz/
cookecustomsewing.com/
melanzana.com/catalog/index.php
altaigear.com/
aiguillealpine.co.uk/
arktisoutdoor.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=m670
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=549418396043&spm=2014.21377422.0.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do you feel about the new ACG collection? A few teaser pics released so far

anyone cop the acronym x nike downtowns for cheap on end clothing, i got a pair shipped to the us for 170.
its fire and jennifer bin is my gf

>I dress for le function

>I dress for le irony rpg final boss character xDDDD

anyone know whats up with the riot division sale?
they said everything was 30% off but the prices have been the same for a few days.
instagram.com/p/BbuYyKfn_oY/?taken-by=iamriotdivision
post techwear fits or get out of the thread herbs.

bye

v e r y a t h l e t i c

what are those big diaper pants middle-right is wearing

Acronym Potion Sellers aka P25

can someone recommend some good waterproof pants i can use to bike to work?

Where can I buy this jacket at in OP's pic?

It's from Guerrilla Group
The person in the OP is ThisisAntwon, he did a video review on it also youtu.be/VgQm9StWO6Q

this is the jacket guerrilla-group.co/collections/new-releases/products/17s-es-jj02-ol-gg-x-hl

Probably no women's version for this is there?

hiker wear is gonna be huge this year

Any idea for hiker core? I also live in the Pacific Northwest if that helps

Is this techwear?

Sadly not, check the measurements on size S though, might be OK

Considering buying either the bike sock dart in triple black or the premium SE in gray. Gonna cut the plastic strap and do the eske schiralli mod on them with black straps (not lace)

Think it might come out better on the gray ones but not sure. What you guys think? price is same

cringe

Tbh i'm pretty hyped to see the full collection, I got a couple pairs of pants from last FW, and they're excellent. might try to get a jacket this year.

Anyone know what happened to the techwear discord?

its been changed up a bit and looks a lot better now

they cracked down on low effort memers and you can actually have decent convos on techwear now without attention whores ruining it

Got a link for it?

Posting some recent fits from /r/techwearclothing

Does xeoniq's sister have her own insta or tumblr or something? really love her fits!

no there are more of her fits on his instagram tho
instagram.com/xeoniq/

why did you blur her face btw? she never does, kind of weird of you desu

These two are cool except for the shoes.

This looks like trash, is it even tech except for the sneakers?

This is sick af
Most of her fits on here aren't tech though

>fleece neck gaiter
>covering face

Goofy and Cliche. There's a way to do it right and these people have crossed that line.
This one gets it just right.

w2c a bag like that?

i found this pic in an inspo thread off of reddit or fa. i forget where. it was already like that i didnt add the blur

>beanie
>tshirt and cropped pants

>techwear is functional and utilitarian!

>beanie
how are beanies not functional

they're to keep you warm when its cold out. except when its warm enough to wear a tshirt and cropped pants, then its obviously not cold enough to demand a beanie. therefore in this case, the beanie is not functional

agree. i also hate cropped pants with some huge beefy shell the way eske and waleygao style their crap. looks so stupid and tryhard

>core

You go to a store that specializes in outdoors equipment and browse.
Some brands that produce clothes designed for hiking and mountaneering are Patagonia, The Northface, Arc'teryx, Mammut, Marmot, The Black Yak, etc. Quality and designs vary.

The very basics include hiking shoes, a rucksack, some sort of base layer, something warmer like fleece jacket, maybe a hardshell to protect from rain and wind. All this varies a lot depending on the conditions you live in.

That being said, if you live in a city, walking around in hiking gear will look pretty dumb.

Also,

man flip flop fell off. he used to have nice fits. he just sucks ass now

The effort long techwear postmortem dude posts this cringe on supertechwear now. I guess techwear isn't dead after all?

discord.gg/d5BPHyJ

why is he holding his butt?

it's not

well he is indoors and his jacket/windbreaker looks slung around his shoulder/waist so you're just nitpicking there. agreed about the cropped pants though

Why does everyone keep trying to lump us in with their generals??

its already starting, and hiking is getting more and more popular as an activity

This is horrid. Sidney should go back to wearing denim or whatever. Can't pull Rick off, and I don't know how he thought those shoes would go well with veilance shit.

all you niggers do is larp as people who wear lunarcore shit anyways

there will be literally one fit that isn't a repost every third thread

proof.nationalgeographic.com/2015/08/20/firefighters/

anal prolapse

A bunch of companies I have bookmarked, most of them /out/-related:

hilltrek.co.uk/
wintergreennorthernwear.com/
arktisoutdoor.co.uk/
battlelakeoutdoors.com/shop/catalog/
akgear.com/
paramo-clothing.com/
houdinisportswear.com/
cactusoutdoor.co.nz/
cookecustomsewing.com/
melanzana.com/catalog/index.php
altaigear.com/
aiguillealpine.co.uk/

hoooly shit. joke right?

can you hiking fags fuck off and make your own thread jesus.

ID on this?

arktisoutdoor.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=m670

What jacket is this?

ain't you techwagfags in for the 'functionality'?

>techwear
>functional

I love how they larp about being hypefunctional, but are clueless of anything outside of Gore-Tex and thinking Acronym Patented gimmicks actually work.

wearing bright colors is ugly as fuck look at this gross shit looks like something scene kids were wearing 15 years ago

I am become urban ninja

Did I take an L on this jacket? Still not sure if I like it.

lol this is me. Thanks for posting me as inspo hehe

YES!
I've only recently taken a liking to tech wear and LOVE the ACG alpine and 2 in 1 jackets.
Too scared to buy resell because all the fakes.
Hopefully the collab will be good again.

not sure if bait but an early acronym jacket

link please??

HEY MAN I WATCHED NARUTO AS A KID TOO Xddd

GLAD TO SEE WE'RE STILL AS CANCEROUS AS EVER XDDdd

>I purposely go into places I don't like to observe things I do not appreciate in a futile attempt to dissuade people from liking said thing!

haha dude i laugh at people for disagreeing with me on a subjective topic.
Grow up faggot (note its ironic as techwear is looked down upon for being childish and anime like)

Internet comments sections in a nutshell.

It's chinkshit. Not a fake, just happens to be from Asia. Waterproof, taped seams, looks alright maybe? Honestly I can't decide if I should keep or sell.
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=549418396043&spm=2014.21377422.0.0

im keen to buy if its hardshell, doesnt look like it tho.

It's very thin. No lining or anything. I haven't warm it outside yet, but I think you're right.

I've never like thin/lightweight shells, Feels like your wearing a plastic bag.
When I wear a jacket I expect it to be weighty.
Also light fabrics sit weirdly to me
GL on selling it tho if you dont like it

I make designs
And new trips and regulars are posting OC fits every thread
>Larp
The Future is N O W..

Normally I'd agree with you, but I kinda like this thing. I've been flip flopping back on fourth since I put it in my cart. I was playing with the camera and started coming around on it again.

>12935727

Are hiker pics the chemo to techwear cancer threads? thanks user

I believe so.

Whats that style of Pants called?

cargos

thengs

original j28

I've noticed something about techwear.

This "style" was around way before I knew how to spell fuccboi. So the problem is I've dropped all my money on it and now people have moved on. I dress for myself, but think of it this way. If you saw some white dude wearing bootcut raw denim jeans over Nike Monarchs with a XXL polo shirt and a snapback today, you'd laugh and call him unfashionable or something, right?

But what if a few years from now everyone is wearing ACG jackets with Vapormaxes and cargo pants with fifty pockets in them while they fly their Tesla to the next Reddit.com/r/techwearclothing Comcast access package shop? And I'm just standing there in District 7 looking at the soylent menu in my beige longline shirt layered under a gray sweater and light gray jeans with my stone colored Chelsea boots.

I'll look like an idiot thats what.