Boots General

Which boots to get? advice? what should I look for? etc

pic related, sorta leaning to dr martins but dont wanna fall for the meme

considering getting these, should i or not

dr martens are pretty safe though, it's a classic boot as long as you don't have a shitty fit to go with it

Austrian paratrooper boots.

>dont wanna fall for the meme
>buy austrian paratrooper boots

I'm assuming you've never worn boots before so
Get the cheapest pair of black DM 1460s you can find they look good enough and are normie approved, are a relatively average so you can decide if you wanna go higher or lower, thicker/thinner sole etc. They're shit boots in them selves but are a good beginner boot. The leathers just good enough where you can learn how to care for leather but shit enough that its pretty hard to ruin them

should i bother getting doc martens 1460s if i wear primarily skinny pants? i have very skinny legs so im worried theyll look like clown boots

Post legs and feet ? Not in a fag way.

Don't wear skinny as in skin tight elastic jeans. Wear them with slim fit jeans that hug but dont squeeze your legs

Avoid if youve got either clown mode feet or skelly mode legs

i got them skelly legs so i guess i gotta find a slimmer boot or derby

anyone got some recommendations?

Smooth black leather Chelsea/dealer boots ?

I'd reccomend a brogue boot.
I'd recommend still remaining under £100, preferably ~£50 super dry and Dr martens makes some okay pairs

Do you think I could get mistaken for a neo nazi for wearing pic related? I don't wanna get stabbed.

>literally using "muh memes" as an argument
You being a contrarian, edgy highschooler doesn't change the fact that they are good boots.

I mean, do you also wear them with a buzzed head, bombed jacket, suspenders, nazi flags, or anything else nazis wear? If not then you should be fine. You'll only look like a nazi if you go out of your way to do so.

Not a meme. These practically do not exist outside Veeky Forums

Solovair 8 eye derby boots are strictly better than Docs 1460.

Why are you guys buying those kinds of shoes. They're hard to put on and they're heavy. Are you guys working in factories, construction sites, etc?

>t. Crocs wearer

i buy all my clothes from walmart. they confortuble

A good pair of boots are sometimes more comfy than shoes

I wear breathable and light running shoes for every day wear. I wear black leather boots with a thick rubber sole when I'm motorcycling. I wear leather shoes with carbon fiber reinforced out sole when I'm cycling. Why do you wear high ankle boots?

That's fine by me as long as you're liking what you're getting. I personally don't shop at Walmart because the clothing is not of good quality.

That's subjective but if you feel that way about a certain pair of boots, more power to you. I hope you enjoy them as long as you can. I don't know about you but I would think that every day people will agree that there are other styles of shoes available that offer better comfort and support vs boots.

Theyre called memeboots because of how hard they got memed here like 6 months ago. Its obviously OP's first pair of boots so solovairs are far too expensive if he wears them twice and decides he doesn't like boots and even if he does he'll likely wreck them anyway due to lack of proper care

>why do you wear boots?
>Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forums-fashion
>fashion

Gee I don't know, everyone in this thread must just be posing as a bricklayer

What do you guys think of the Canada West Moorby boot? Not sure if I'm sold on the leather running up the back of the heel, but they are a good price.

I'm basically looking for something like the Wolverine 1000 mile Duvall. I like the look of the 1000 mile but I want a chunky sole like on the Duvall for winter. Any recommendations?

Here are some super cheap combat boots I picked up a few weeks ago. They are now at a remarkable discount (

someone convince me not to buy these off Grailed

Ankle support is nice, thick leather boots are much warmer than sneakers (even with wool socks it's significant below like 50 degrees F) and they keep your ankles warm too. With proper insoles leather boots are just as comfortable as sneakers once the uppers are broken in. I wear boots probably 7-8 months of the year because I prefer the style, so pretty much as soon as it's cold enough for pants and boots I wear boots most days.

That makes sense.

Are Chelseas a bad choice for someone with big feet? (size 13)

Why not try the Wolverine 1000 Mile Duvall?

gonna post some actually nice boots instead of the garbage that is in this thread

That's what I want, but I don't know where to get them for a reasonable price in Canada.

If you like them and can pull them off then yes :)

What (if any) are good boots for manlets? I like pic related and need some boots that go with jeans.

do these exist with a black sole?

Where do I get dr. Martens on sale? Is it possible to get them cheaper than $100?

Also I'm Hobbitmode

w2c Veeky Forumsscist

What are these?

Christ, are you still doing this? Is this a bit? They're just black boots, dude.

Nice. comfy pic

>I don't wanna get stabbed.
if you get stabbed they'd do it regardless of your shoes

what even are these?

rick combats
I have that exact model, the leather is blistered calf

ann d combat boots

they don't have them in 7.5 should i size up or down?

considering copping, not sure about the sole?

I sized down half and they fit great.

That is the worst color ever.

id?

wtc?

That's as good as it's gonna get for a hobbitmode manlet without getting into really slim dress boots which are going to be both expensive and formal. Just don't cuff your jeans super high if you're short - let your pants sit on the shoe or, better, just above the shoe, and you'll avoid looking shorter than you are.

Iron rangers, I think. In roughout or reverse leather.

Thanks man

Doc martens are for lesbians

nice faggot jeans

I've not once owned any boots. Looking into some, but realised how clueless I am as to where trousers should sit on medium top boots
Should they sit above? Cuffed? Below the top of the boot? Inside the boot? i assume there's some lenience but all options seem odd to me for one reason

depends on the boot, but in general I like to cuff my jeans so that they're just under the top of the boot
similar to pic related

Ok yeah, I think that might also be best for most boots. What about slightly 'smarter' looking black ones?

Don't be a fuccboi pussy and buy some jump boots.

Lmao those aren't jump boots.

check your geographical privilege, I live in fucking Canada where I'll literally lose my feet if I don't wear boots during winter

That makes sense but it seems to me that a lot of people here (in this thread/forum) are sacrificing comfort and functionality for the sake of appearance. I get that appearance is a big part of our identity and how the world works but I'm just trying to better understand why SOME people do it when they don't have to.

Is this sort of stuff getting you promotions? Are you scoring certain types of chicks with this type of appearance? Will you be ostracized/exiled if you don't wear this stuff?

Thinking about copping some DM 1460's while still cheap, how is the fit? I'm a size 8/10/42 normally, will I have to size up or down?
There aren't any local Martens sellers for me to try them first but they are kinda cheap so I'm thinking of just going for it.

c/n?

>doesn't want to appear to be a nazi
>browses on Veeky Forums
no...
>POSTS on Veeky Forums

What are these? Who ever can answer gets a firm thanks

Veeky Forums is a faggot neckbeard site in its core

good call on this, just copped

doesn't change the fact that every normie and their diabetic mother think it's full of nazis and pedophiles

watch capeshit movies and you will naturally acquire those clothes and that physique

Instead of those clunky boots, why not just get some nice corcorans?

left over right is (ex)military

straight laced is nazi

Where can I cop some boots similar to these ones? These look cool but apparently they're shit quality. I just want a combat look, preferably ankle height.

What's the deal? Just wore my new Dr. Martens today for the first time and their comfy, way more comfy than I was told they were gonna be. I kept reading that they had a really shitty break in period, but I can tell right now I won't even get one blister.

read the thread, there's a really good pair on sale for a ridiculous discount

thanks, they look a bit too dressy for me though. I'm actually planning on using combat boots for a military uniform impression (autism) and casual use

look into the austrian meme boots then they're on sale

What's the verdict on barney in-house brand boots anyhow? Never heard of them before.

What are your plans for this military uniform impression? I'm trying to do the same thing.

Super bulky and just plain ugly

oh this is some high level autism, let me tell you. I'm doing an Imperial Japanese Naval Ground soldier outfit. I still need to put insignia on the uniform and get a proper ammo belt aside from the boots. Then after I'll think about getting a helmet and some other gear.
But for casual I'll just be wearing flecktarn with whatever boots I get.

yeah i thought I was going to get some ideas from you, but I guess not. You'll look like you dressed up for a Halloween party if you go out like that. Not that I don't like it, it's just not at all "casual".

yeah this is solely for reenacting/larping autism shit. I'm not gonna wear this in public, especially because there's lots of chinese people here and they're gonna get PTSD flashbacks. my casual use will be just jeans + camo/milsurp jacket and a regular shirt or sweater underneath.

those look like gay construction worker boots

This. $60 shipped on Ebay all day long, built tough and if you roll your pants over them they just kind look like nice dress boots not Skinhead. Why buy anything else.

>normie and their diabetic mother
Except they haven't even heard of it

Because i won't deny my roots

You fucking idiot. If you want to buy jump boots, don't buy crap like those. Buy milsurp or, well, good boots.

>muh roots
>some shitty plastic boot made in china

>Paying a bunch of money for Chinese made repro boots instead of resoling USA quality jumpboots

i have those, amazing boots

the germans didn't do a whole lot wrong, but they can't put a fucking boot together. stop buying into the retarded paraboot meme and get some heritage boots instead.

t. german

Is the Nike SFB leather worth it?