Veeky Forums anxiety

Has anybody else on Veeky Forums ever felt like they couldn't dress up the way they wanted to because of social groups?

Something like a Doc Martens boot, a Converse sneaker (classic staples in footwear by the way), anything stonewash, or a comfy pattern sweater I've seen have been regularly consumed by these categories of liberal college students, nu-males, "art hoes", and hipsters so much that I regularly get the thought that if I were to wear these things I would just be carrying the connotations of these groups of people. Does anybody else think this way or feel like they've had items ruined because of such groups?

And I don't mean in a "Oh I can't wear this because everybody else is wearing this" kind of way, but is it valid to say that phenomenons like the "art hoe" movement over the years attached far left leaning ideals to a certain style of dressing (docs, kanken backpacks, stonewash, etc) ?

TL;DR Do you get anxious/would you be comfortable wearing something that could be associated with something?

Also please do post any other Veeky Forums anxieties and discuss.

*something else? for the TL;DR part. My typo.

Stop caring about what other think, and stop browsing Veeky Forums. It's obvious you're on here way too much. You sound like an insecure teen btw.

Just wear what you like, if you're really concerned, just adapt items to fit your own style, you wear them, not the other way around.

people who judge other people based on what their wearing have a shallow personality. people wear ridiculous shit and others still respect them because they're confident wearing it, you wont get stereotyped if you aren't insecure.

man that dude is dressed and posed like such a little twink faggot

also like a gay male equivalent of a basic bitch

Holy fuck
Imagine being so insecure that you're afraid to even wearing Converses at the risk of being associated with a tiny minority internet subculture that you don't like.
This is some advanced autism.

well he's not wrong.

yes he fucking is.

converse have been memes for five fucking decades

wear them if you like them

>Being so insecure that you can't wear what you like around your "friends"

I bet everything you've done in life, including the hobbies you choose believe you like, were based purely on peer pressure.

yea i am anxious and hate myself so only wear jeans and a tshirt with alll black vans. sometimes ill wear a sweater

literally over half of this board

Kys, please. You will never contribute anything of value to society

>Judging books by their cover

He is a qt3.15 tho

jesus fucking christ man.
start taking benzos and stop going on /fa. if you're this insecure /fa will ruin you even more. this post is seriously pathetic, and I'm not trying to be mean.

alt right incel who grew up socialized by /v/ is too much of a pussy to wear sneakers due to his warped perception of how clothing works cause hed rather spend his time writing paragraphs about normies to strangers online instead of interacting with real people wooooow what a surprise

hey better not get caught wearing a pattern sweater or uhhhh someone might mistake you for a numale lol

its ok op, your clothes are like your gang membership and if you wear the wrong stuff some ppl will send thoughts

My anxiety's gotten to a point where I feel anxious wearing fits I've worn countless times before, but that's not going to stop me from dressing how I want to.

TRU SOYBOY HOURS

Frat dudes at my college wear white converse all the time

I kinda feel the same way in doctor martin but fucking CONVERSE

no. because thankfully real life isn't like the internet where all these made up Veeky Forums categories exist. most people don't know about numales, art hoes or whatever, and that's good

i like wearing chokers but im straight. but i live in florida and im black. waiting until i get a gf to start wearing one.

i avoid dressing like anyone on Veeky Forums

That's because you aren't Veeky Forums

only tangentially related but

isn't the phenomenon of TLDR a bit outdated given that at least some of us are no longer teenagers?

those of you who are on Veeky Forums but are too lazy to read 2 paragraphs: what the fuck are you doing? how do you function in your daily life?

at least 70% of the people i know would immediately know what you meant if you said art-hoe. even if not, there are clearly groups of females who wear kankens and light wash denim and starry night print socks with docs that everyone recognizes even if they arent up to date on the latest meme words. wearing those items at least subconsiusly groups you with those people. of course as long as you arent a total fag people will care more about your personality

>Has anybody else on Veeky Forums ever felt like they couldn't dress up the way they wanted to because of social groups?
Umm, maybe? I kind of want to cop some Solovairs but I'm reluctant to get doc-type boots again because I feel like I might be too old and that they are effeminate now.
>regularly consumed by these categories of liberal college students, nu-males, "art hoes", and hipsters...
>far left leaning ideals to a certain style of dressing...
You shouldn't want to be these things but you don't sound like you're a better person than them, m8. You sound weak.

Don't let Veeky Forums gaslight you into trying to wear something that would make you anxious, though. Because being anxious would ruin the fit. You want to be comfortable and relaxed.

thank god

no its fucking clothes

I like/wear clothes that are worn/assosiated with my political views (ae fred perry associated with NS Skins)

>I like/wear clothes that are worn/assosiated with my political views
Cringe

Nigga I wear lunarcore
Bitches wish they were from the year 20XX..

while i disagree about converse, i know how you feel about the kanken and doc martens... theyve been fucked in the ass by shitty dressing people

cringiest shit i've ever read

If you have any reservations about what people will think about what you wear, then you're not gonna make it. The whole reason trends happen is because early adopters have the confidence to pull off shit that people don't usually wear, then normies think they'll look just as confident by wearing the same thing and so the cycle continues

>TL;DR Do you get anxious/would you be comfortable wearing something that could be associated with something?

no and threads like these are why this board is a fucking joke