perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOuTw2f34W8
boisdejasmin.com/2012/02/the-price-of-luxury-perfume-1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

herod is literally the cold weather GOAT

Yeah the large amounts of iso e super really give it a good push

ordered a few samples but they will probably arrive around christmas

Just picked up Armaf Craze. I don't know how I feel about this one. This might be my first blind buy regret.

Post and rate last month's most worn

What dont you like about it? Have you tried pegasus?
Maybe give it a while you often hear people say those armaf become better after it's been sprayed for a bit and "some air gets inside" or something.
I think it's pretty nice scentwise, only sometimes the bitteralmond gets a bit synthetic in the drydown. Longevity is not bad but I feel like projection is non existant but that might be just me because I complain about projection on anything that isn't labled as really good/beastmode.

I want to get a winter fragrance, but I'm hesitating between Herod and The One EDP (I've tried and loved both).
What would you guys pick?

depends on time of day, weather, occasion, etc. i would say the one as a daily driver and herod for special occasions if those are your two options

I just gave the opening a quick sniff on my hand for 20 mins or so and washed it off. I haven't truly tested it yet. Hopefully my mind changes after I wear it for a day.

>the one as a daily driver and herod for special occasions
Sounds reasonable, thanks.
I'll probably end up getting both eventually.

Is there a better tobacco vanille out there? Please respond.

versace man smells like this

My family and friends unilaterally liked Sweet Smoke better based only on first impressions.

Why is chergui so good? Even the hay notes are good. Best tobacco too. Not sweet at all and lasts forever.

Is CK One Shock as good as people say? Because that shit is dirt cheap and begging for a blind buy to take my order into free shipping.

I feel the same way. I actually think that Tam Dao by Diptyque smells somewhat similar, but much lighter, smoother, and much woodier. I may be alone in this thought. Probably what I'm gonna get instead though.

>spending more money to save money
like a true american

Normie in need of some help, I posted in the last one. I'm looking for a new daily scent and I'm down to either:

YSL Y
Montblanc Legend
Montblanc Spirit
Versace Man eau Fraiche

Am I overlooking anything? Gonna be picking up samples tomorrow. Only thing I want to avoid is smelling like a nightclub

I like 4711 for its natural smell and history but it has to be the shortest lasting fragrance. Is there anything the eschews the modern artificial notes that is reasonably priced and long lasting?

I think Legend smells like a a frat boy in a night club personally. So maybe rule that one out.

Versace Man Eau Fraiche is the best out of those, in my opinion.

Good to know, thanks. Have you tried spirit?

Looking forward to trying it, suitable for daytime use?

>suitable for daytime use?
That's pretty much what it's for

A month is hard to screencap when you wear 24 different scents, so here are the first 10 on the list. Guess which bottle was copped recently?

A good bit of overlap with my personal tastes and collection. Do you only track wears occasionally? I do 1-2 updates on BN per day, never more than that, though I sometimes forget days / wears.

Should I buy the three samples of pineapple vintage?

Which 3?

Original intense and noir

How does Eau d'Issey manage to have such good longevity and sillage when every other citrus frag I've ever tried vanishes after a couple of hours ?

If it were me I would do the Intense/Beyond Noir/Suave sample pack

To anyone who has a bottle of JOOP!, does the bottle allow half-sprays ?
Because I have some bottles that won't squirt a single drop unless you push all the way down. I hope that makes sense, English isn't my first language.

Anyone know a sample site that ships internationally?

I think it smells really good and great bang for your buck. Although im of the opinion CK reveal is still a better compliment getter if thats what youre going after.

Whatever the case I dont see why not just try it out instead of blind buying. You can usually find CK whole line at a place like kohls or some store like that hella easy.

What fragrances have the same personality as Sauvage? ie. masculine and rebellious,

Any particular reason?

I cant decide whether to cop the EDP or the EDT of Tam Dao. I've heard they differ some and I have only tried the EDT. Should I buy the EDP with a sample so I can try before I open the bottle, or just stick with the one I know?

I think Intense is the clear winner between those three and all are pretty similar while the noir flankers are quite a bit different, and I have been wanting to try out Suave but of course that's a different clone so maybe you don't care about that. If you really do not want dark smokey Aventus then you can ignore and go with the original/noir/intense trio

no, waste of fucking money, all the shit surrounding aventus. dont fucking do it.

If you want to smell like Aventus, just buy Aventus

It's cheap on discounters

Alright, I might give it a shot since it seems intense is pretty popular. I was actually more interested in intense and noir, but I'm pretty open.

I really didn't "get" aventus when I tried it. Longevity wasn't great on me and kinda just blended together. I was just interested in a nice pineapple scent

>chergui
>Not sweet at all
youtube.com/watch?v=nOuTw2f34W8

Bright Neroli and Neroli Portofino. Neither is "long lasting," but they're both longer lasting than 4711.

I tried a sample bogart silver scent and it also has a strong grape smell. There's a tonka explosion but no tobacco though. Some Black Afgano might make them complete.

Commented on LYTBpH last thread. Favorite on there is prob Cedrat Boise.

I totally though he was you for a minute.

I have fallen out of the habit of SotD. Gotta get back in to it, now that "the cold season" is upon us.

Try tapping it sharply but with not much force, so it doesn't go all the way down?

Dior Fahrenheit, though rebelliousness is a very personal interpretation of a scent.

Creed is highly rated because of that innocence of 'just smells good', not because their scents smell like the angst of 6' 3" square jawed blonde heterosexual male.

>Anyone know a sample site that ships internationally?

Any answer?

yes its fucking stupid that its in a windex bottle but it smells so good for me

Look in the OP. The first one listed.

luckyscent has really limited sample choices

they don't even have dior or armani

and they come in vials not atomizers. and they are small af.

Well, you didn't say all that...

I swear all i smell is hay, then tobacco

What's Veeky Forumss opinion on Le Labo?

tried rose 31, not impressed

aventus is just a meme. literally the only reason it's gotten at this point is because it apeals to plebs and has the creed bulshit marketing behind it

overpriced

it's definitely not a meme

you can argue that the scent might be generic or something similar out there

but Aventus just smells premium compared to the rest

Not bad scents, but as said, they are way overpriced, but someone's buying their stuff...

>now have almost a month's worth of decants in my possession waiting to be tried
>just ordered one more round because I forgot to include the one fragrance I wanted to try in my recent order that was the whole reason I ordered some

oh well such is life. Now I have on the way
D&G Pour Homme (Vintage)
Hanae Mori HM EdP
Pure Havane
Dior Homme Intense
Dsquared2 Rocky Mountain Wood
Dsquared2 Potion

it is whatever

is tag him a better One million? reviews on it confuse me

yeah I'm trying to get back into the habit of logging my sotd now, man I just recently purchased 24 Oud and I love it but it's heavy af, how many sprays do you usually go with it?

We have similar tastes user let's be friends.

Is DKNY Be Delicious too feminine for a guy to wear? I just want a light crisp apple scent for spring...

Where did you find that? Don't show it to fanboys or they might an hero :-(

what is this plotting?

I assume it's gas chromatography results. That's probably how armaf etc makes these clones by analizing the real deal then just put those chemicals together. Image apparently shows sauvage has a lot of similar stuff as aventus. But it smells like bullshit to me without proper source.

>dur this has more stuff in it which makes it better

My Nordstrom has a small unattended mens fragrance counter with all their testers just sitting there in a pile and some "do it yourself" sample sprayers to fill. I'm going to bring in some 10ml sample atomizers and load up.

It's trying to be BdC, but there is this screechy, synthetic sour note that kills it for me.

Froot Loops

having more stuf doesnt make it better.. I don't care about any of them. But it shows you how with Creed, you pay for designer level fragrances with marketing behind them

That GCMS isn't even accurate according to the biggest Aventus autist on Basenotes

devilish

I get that from 4711

where can I get spicebomb extreme under retail? notino and fragrancenet have been sold out forever

>tfw i fell for the meme and ordered a 2010 bottle of ch men for a premium but i don't care cause it smells god like

>mfw discount stores always have The One EDT but never The One EDP

Just got this. It's a frag from the 70s, but doesn't smell outdated at all. Has a nice subtle fresh green smell with a hint of spice. Very nice.

How often do you guys wear frags? Daily?

I only have one and been wearing it daily at the office. I think I need another one, something different.

Anyone familiar with Replica frags? Are they meant to be worn or are they more of an "experience"?

I feel naked if I'm not wearing a scent. My collection is too large for me to personally consume in my lifetime.

Whats the best D&G that isn't The One?

>designer level
Looks like we need a reminder that price ≠ quality.

boisdejasmin.com/2012/02/the-price-of-luxury-perfume-1.html

Ditto. Nothing against anyone who is happy with a "signature scent," but to me, that feels like wearing the same shirt every day.

Huh. I've only smelled L'Amoureux 6 and that's it. Zero interest in any of their frags, desu.

I just came by a 5oz edp at tj maxx for $60 lol

perfume click

Why does Jeremy continue to shill for this fragrance? I do not understand what is so gentlemanly about it. It smells like dollar store baby wipes.

I'm new to fragrances, what do fragrance cashier qts mean when they say a fragrance is their "favorite"? I went to a couple of men's fragrance shops and both cashiers pointed out a favorite, and they were qt so it was tempting but then I thought it my mind they must tell that to every fuck who comes in, that they are probably trying to sell something that people don't often buy to thirsty fucks. So I rebelled against that thought and didn't buy any of their so-called favorites, instead I ordered them to give me a bunch of free samples and just chose one you guys often recommend.

Did I do good?

collection update. waiting for ch prive in the mail. not sure what i'll get after that. i'd like something more pricey.

what a bunch of shit

anyone tried Intensive Black Aoud?

Exact same. I wear fragrance every day, even if I’m just staying home, and I wear something different every day. Up to like 30 bottles so far and my collection’s always growing. For sure I’ll Never use it all, but that is t really the point of collecting anyway.

yes unless their favorite was my favorite

One of the favorites was "Wanted" by Azzaro

The other was Invictus or something by PR or RP whatever the guy's name is

Well those are similar to one another and Invictus is definitely a good seller that appeals to a lot of women so she wasn't blowing smoke. Most people that get deeper into fragrances will scoff at both of them however. What samples did you get?

How the fuck did this happen to me

I mean granted some of these samples are PRETTY old but still

When I was reading about this, I saw a lot of people compare it to Sauvage. My original thought was "not everything is a fucking knockoff of sauvage" since I read that a lot. But I'll be damned if this doesn't remind me of it. It's a good scent but I need to test it more to give any opinion on longevity (although it's not nearly the monster sauvage is.)

I think the difference is that while the openings are the same, this has a much softer drydown. I find that interesting to say the least, but worth trying since it's so cheap

thats nothing m8